Please remove unattainable runes from ranked

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Angels, dooms and 150ks all dropped in value when their legendary counterpart was released.

poinl and Nite2kill like this.
  2. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

and life went on,, the market will adjust (it always does, like every market) and now people can play angels, (which I see plenty leg angels in play) and dooms etc.
    people get to use the rune and collectors keep there special lim edition,,
    the only people I can see arguing this is profiteers, and excuse me fer not showing much regard for the lott.

yobanchi, super71 and BurnPyro like this.
  3. poinl

poinl I need me some PIE!

Legendary runes would be cheaper substitutes for their limited versions, for the same effect, and thus acquire a high demand. The demand of the limited rune would drop as the demand for the substitute (the legendary rune) rises. This means the price of the limited rune will go down.

Although i wouldn't mind legendary re-releases, I'd rather them not be produced.

4. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Best not to argue anymore lol, chances are if they don't get how this would benefit pox then your not going to be able to explain to them about basic economics.

5. poinl

poinl I need me some PIE!

Ever since the forge, limited ruins feel awkward. Leaving them just to reskins makes me question their existence. I feel your proposition of increasing availability may benefit pox, but I am very against banning them in ranked.

6. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I feel like whatever the stance it should be consistent.

If they are allowed in ranked then they should be attainable at some level. The argument that 'oh they aren't meta' is a mute point since some of them freekin' are or make a specific bg optimal.

If they are relegated to skins/alternative animations then yeah I'm all for it being purely for collectibility.

That's just my opinion though. More likely this will just be an inconsistent thing going forward.

I do like how the spell glimpse of death was handled though. Making it unique but accessible via campaign is also a good solution.

poinl and super71 like this.