Point to coming back?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dwlr, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

Anything good happen lately? I've been over the new expansions not terribly impressed and not interested about Pox going console either. I've just been decidedly bored and was going over a few of the old haunts and most of them are dead these days and it appears Pox is still kicking, but the question is, is there any real point in bothering to come back? I didn't browse the forum too terribly well, but it looks as though it's the same nonsense it's always been and that's pretty disheartening and whilst every time I've returned in the past I opened up my sig shoppe there's never been a big call for it around these parts so I doubt that'd ease my boredom either.

Anybody pick up an Xbox One recently? Last I checked here Xbox didn't have any following whatsoever and alternative game discussion or matchmaking was quite dead. I personally plan to pick up Ghost Recon on the 7th for Xbox One, hoping to avoid the Ubisoft curse since it can be played privately though I've been enjoying For Honor even with all it's issues. Then there's Mass Effect Andromeda coming out soon and I wouldn't mind finding some decent players there that don't want to cheese the game to win by using vastly overpowered what's the point in playing the game characters/weapons/consumeables combinations. We get it the Geth Prime literally can't die with the smallest modicum of sense, the Drell Assassin can kill anything in seconds easily, etc, but what's the point in having the instant win button to get credits so you unlock everything and then throw the game on a shelf to collect dust because there's nothing else to unlock and you didn't actually earn the things you did since you didn't actually play the game?/rant.

So yeah...anything good?

2. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

The game is as good as you want it to be.

3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

The game is as good as its going to get.

BurnPyro likes this.
  4. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

The community on the forums is as good as it's going to get.

19madfox95, Ohmin, Etherielin and 2 others like this.
  5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Hear hear

Also hi, welcome back. Never had an xbox, playstation guy.

Havent played pox in ages, but off topic is always fun

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

How is he supposed to hear twice on the forums? You posted no noise-making links......................................

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

read read

8. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Its a game, there are no point to playing games, except waste time.
    poxnora is a good time eater, better if you are in a friendly guild and spam the forum a bit.
    the game itself is waiting for new release/client, so until then i farm shards, golds and waste time in forum/pvp fighting some with all the fun different themes that are a bit weaker then meta but atleast more fun. hopefully there is an open beta test of the new client soon and maybe we get to use some time in it.

Schmacko likes this.
  9. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

Game seems more balanced at the moment than I ever remember it being and I see a decent amount of BG diversity being played.

Pox's biggest problem is low player base.

But if you thought it was fun before, you'd probably find it fun now.

Dagda likes this.
  10. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

The biggest problem is the community IMO which is why I left in the first place considering I continued playing the game awhile I after I left the forums, but judging by the response it's pretty much the same as when I left so whilst the game may be fine I guess I'm better off trying to amuse myself with my back log of Netflix in massive binge watching sessions instead.

11. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

What's wrong with the community? <--serious question

12. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

one of the best communities i ever found. what was the problem?

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

He found some mean people on the internet, never been done before. Yeah, if you get angsty from this community, which is considerably more mild than most, you have no business in competitive internet gaming. Netflix is a good place for you, although you might want to stay away from the reviews of the shows, those contrary opionions might be cause for elevated stress levels.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    Etherielin, darklord48 and MaruXV like this.
  14. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

The response in your thread is pretty much positive with a bit of jest from Baskit and Burn. I believe you're overreacting.

15. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

There's this food place near me that sells these great deep-fried rolls... A little pricy but not too bad considering.

MaruXV likes this.
  16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Wow

Stop oppressing me

17. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

They're like unsupervised children mostly. You can't have a serious thread even if you want without the same individuals trying to be cute derailing it playing the clown for their little friends as the staff turns a blind eye to the constant derailment of threads that are intended to be serious, even if it is the off-topic section that shouldn't give credence to anarchy. If the staff does happen to say anything they're ignored regardless id est the same thing that's been wrong with the community since the beginning thanks to the likes of Baskit and Burn Pyro who are still running amok years later and I have little tolerance for their constant childish shenanigans.

That's your prerogative to feel that way, but clearly nothing has changed and those two you singled out are and were some of the main offenders so regardless if the response was primarily positive the diseases of the past are still festering today and it's simply easier to not try and bother if nothing has changed. I'm not overreacting I'm simply choosing to avoid the same nuisances that are the reason I left to begin with.

Hierokliff likes this.
  18. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

@Dwlr I still believe you're overreacting. Cheer up a little bit, there's no need to burn down the entire ship just because a plank or two is creaky. You simply ignore these two planks instead.

19. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

I agree, the forum is not what it could be in following topics and cleaning out those who constantly go offtopic on every single thread they found. or if someone has a suggestion they dont like they spam the thread with unconstructive negative posts.
    Not all threads are like that, if so i wouldnt be around in the forums at all. no idea if mods/admins think its ok or just dont bother really.
    Getting wished to death (etc) when beating certain players is also a bit annoying, but atm i just mostly hit surrender button when i play them, or just try to avoid click on 'chat'. Ranking is dead since there is no decay and so few players play so it doesnt matter if you hit surrender or not.

but then somehow you find a great match, with a fun enemy and have a real blast 2hrs in pox nora and its ok for a while, or hmm that theme, wonder if it would work like that, fixing new runes, bg and testing is worth it.

20. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Stop promoting anarchy!!!!!!!!!!!?