Point to coming back?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dwlr, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

It's really more than a plank or two and I've had them ignored since before I left initially. Sweeping a problem under the rug doesn't solve it.
    Pretty much this, which is pretty much the exact thing I was trying to tell the staff that those are the kind of people that deter more people from joining. If somebody is new to a game getting harassed by the dregs of the internet is not a way to keep them coming back as they're not invested in the game yet and also there's simply no point to it. Schmako said Pox's biggest problem is the player base and while it's not entirely the s***posting it doesn't help encourage new members the game does attract to stay when they're met with constant "in-jokes" and negative posts. If somebody asks for help they don't need dripping sarcasm, if somebody makes a "poor" suggestion out of ignorance they don't need to be flamed and ridiculed rather explaining why it's a "poor" idea and having an actual discussion would go much further, but as it stands those flames are allowed to stand, new members are completely ignored, and then they just end up moving on, but the staff won't do anything unless there's a large contingency that feels that way and considering they drive those members away they're the voices the staff won't hear and yet it gives the illusion that everything is peachy. Everything isn't peachy when members make the exact same thread that a staff member closes, everything isn't peachy when the staff gets openly mocked/ignored in a thread should they say something, and everything isn't peachy when complaints are swept under the rug because they (the staff) treat it like a popularity contest where it's only a problem if the "cool kids" complain about it and the unestablished new members have no voice for themselves and are basically told everytime that the staff isn't going to do anything because they're not popular enough to merit an action.

2. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

While I agree with this, I don't think it's a problem that is at all unique to Pox Nora.

Unfortunately, many, many game forums are like this. While it might seem like an "easy" solution to deal with individual cases given the relatively low population of this game's forum... it isn't.

3. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

it's unfortunate that you feel that way, dw.

have you tried using the report system, or personally taking up a conversation with myself or another member of the moderating team (senshu being the big dog)?

if it makes you feel any better, the reason that your posts don't get removed for questioning moderation publicly is because that's one of many rules that's been somewhat relaxed, at least in OT. so there's some upside too

4. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

The forums and the client both have an ignore function. If a handful of people are actually the source of your problems, I suggest you make use of these features.
    If this isn't actually the problem and this thread was actually conceived as some kind of passive-aggressive callout against specific people that you don't like and who are therefore killing a beautiful video game by existing, Mission Accomplished!

5. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

I've been over it all before and it's a losing battle one that I don't really want to revisit again as I'm just looking for a nice place to hang my head not lead some sort of crusade. The responses I got last time were rather clear, unless the individuals that leave as a result of them complain in unison nothing will be done, but since they do leave nothing will ever be done and thus there's no real point for me personally to bother staying and thus following the wrap of Ironstylus' thread regarding graphics I fully intend to head out once more and continue my search for a place that suits what I'm looking for. I do feel bad for the members like Myrrh whom nobody remembers or seems to care about that left because of the community, but again I tried once and the responses I got where that which gave me the impression that doing nothing is easier so they're going to side with what's easier just because it is.

6. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Good luck in your travels, may you find a place to hang your hat.

7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Stay on topic, this thread is not about hats.

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Stay on the hats, this is off-topic

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Also, if you want a really mature and safe space to spend your days in, you're not gonna find it on an online gaming forum. No idea why you would ever think otherwise.

10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Depends on the hat, I'd say.