Poison Cloud

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TeaNinja, Dec 23, 2016.

1. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

Why isn't this ability part of the attack chain? What is the reasoning behind this exactly?

2. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Hehe

Qucas and TeaNinja like this.
  3. GoldTiger

It's not part of it at all. Think of it as "Cast: Poison Cloud". I do think it's kind of hilarious rank 3 is +7nora though.

4. GoldTiger

Yes. (source: play a lot of FS, similar to my proof for the hippo interaction)

5. GoldTiger

Yeah that's the dream.

6. TeaNinja

I don't understand why this is given special treatment with consideration to bombs/cones. I'm a little salty that this is not on the attack chain but Blood Magic is. This is directly comparable to bombs/cones.

7. GoldTiger

In the game we played I didn't even attack on the turn I used the cloud :p so it made a total of 0 differences.

8. TeaNinja

Who said it made a difference? Not me. This is about the bigger picture.

9. GoldTiger

Yeah but you're saying you're 'salty' over something that hasn't even affected/happened yet. If you want a closer comparison to blood magic I'd choose something like fry. Blood magic literally heals and deals AoE3 damage seems about right that it's on the attack chain. You can even get poison cloud on a trap, what about that thing?

I like that it's different, homogenisation while important for some things, should not be the goal for this game. Why is PC not on the chain? Next it will be Cast: Hungry Mire, call: celestial spear (I believe it's not), cast: x, cleansing flame, cataclysm, cold snap (?) detonate relic, etc.

It's not like it would be bad if it was on the attack chain it just loses a bit of it's identity and eventually it may be a slippery slope to every single ability in the game getting this treatment. There are more grievous issues to be talking about, like how inkblight witch and ferren snowspinner dodged the nerf hammers :p

10. TeaNinja

Blood Magic isn't a controlled AoE like Poison Cloud though. Honestly the current Blood Magic is very very bad.

Poison Cloud has a cooldown of 3, like bombs/cones. Cast:X abilities have a 5.

11. GoldTiger

Gale tho, shatter summoned, spatial dysplasia. BM being bad has nothing to do with poison cloud.

12. TeaNinja

Nothing is so close to bombs/cones as Poison Cloud. Yet it's treated by different rules for some reason.

13. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Why it does bother you so much?