Poison Power (Budget/Beginner Friendly BG)

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by GoldTiger, Jun 3, 2017.

1. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

I've been meaning to try out poison for a while now due to it seemingly being the "least interesting". I have to say now I was wrong. Not to mention the fact that the BG is cheap as Firk so its great for new players to come and learn how to play FS the old school poison way.

Pretty sure I gave poison some shitty grading in a FS BGs/meta thread. This Bane Shift is B+ tier, if not A tier (by FS standards at least). It has a high skill cap ceiling that allows for great plays and use of utility to be made. Anyways ladies and gentlemen here is the BG:

Untitled.png

The missing rune is another Poison Oak.

For the new players who don't know runes just by looking at them, heres a break down of some of the runes and potential upgrade choices/uses:

Champs
    Bloated Toad (Leap 3/Lumbering): These choices are the most efficient in order to make him a great meat stick. Tinkered a bit with Seismic Leap however it was way too hard to get him in to a position where he could actually leap since he had lumbering. Only a 1 of since he doesn't provide any synergy; only great HP:Nora.

2x Boghopper Spitter (Poison 1/Leap 3): Unfortunately spitter only has 1 upgrade for slot 2 (poison). Perhaps some suggestions in this thread? Leap 3 makes him the typical hyper-annoying FS damage over time 4-6 ranged champion that you want. A case could be made for poison eater however hes generally so far out of the combat that you wont need it/it wont be useful. Its also generally not as good as the mobility on a ranged unit since mobility = tankiness anyways.

2x Boghopper Toad (Leap 3/Hunter Poison): Leap 3 is better than +1 speed always. Hunter poisoned is so strong while reducing his cost further. It makes him tankier, and gives more damage in the long run I would argue than poison aura. You don't want to be damaging him, and also poison charge takes 3 AP, so its generally worthless. This is your bread and butter front line beater.

2x Darkmarsh Defiler (Poison 1/Amp Poison): The upgrades on this guy are tricky. Adaptive buffs him in a BG that is fairly spell spammy, while amplify poison buffs all your units; still need to experiment with both. A case can also be made for poison 3, so I'll need to test that out too. Watch out for sitautions where you need to calculate for +1 damage; instead of deploying banner, you can deploy defiler instead to amp all your damage. Despite all these upsides, he may be in for 1x the cut though since he simply isn't "good enough", he doesn't do much besides amp and hes fairly immobile and vulnerable or a melee.

2x Poison Elemental (Poison Cloud 1/Lay Poison Trap): So good I used to run 2x in my meta BG. This guy will be so annoying for your opponents with the poison clouds and also provides your own champs with some nice healing (sometimes). All around great unit and beater.

2x Poison Oak (Poison Cone/Hunter Poison): Simply a slightly trimmed (worse) version of Boghopper Toad. It's great for all the same reasons and Elemental Storm is surprisingly bursty. Just remember that it doesn't stack though.

Sludge Worm: For similar reasons as defiler, he may be getting the axe. Despite how scarce amplify poison sources are, he simply doesn't do enough. Hidden: water, trail: slime is cute though.

Swamp Wisp (Sabotage Poison/Poisonburst): All the upgrades are so good from U1, I still need to test them. Poisonburst works so fantastically in poison and automatically makes this rune worth it. This guy is probably third on the chopping block however, hes too fragile and doesn't do much outside of poisonburst every 3 turns. Perhaps -1spd pls @Sokolov

Spells:
    Bubble of protection: OP. Only downside is I cant see how much the buffer value is on my PS4 client :/.
    Cleansing Mist: Also OP. The surprise cleanse wins you an insane amount of games, not to mention the you cant go wrong with just the heal for only 20 nora.
    Corrode: This BG doesn't suffer the same problem as psy, in that getting your amp equipment stolen doesn't cause you to lose the game, corrode works on darkmarsh blackstaff (I think, still yet to test). If it doesn't swamp warts will still have your back.

Erode: If theres one thing that can beat this BG, its relics. Erode is necessary.

Flood: Holy Balls I forgot how good this was. I'm going to start running it in meta. The skill cap and amount of plays you can make with this is insane. Don't just limit your self to poison knockbacks, srat learning the wall knockbacks too because they can hurt far more.

2x Poisonous Fumes: Just a great spell in general. Don't be fooled; it does go through IS bonus.

Pygmy Hippo Stampede: Great staple FS spell. Unfortunately I only could fit one, however may be changing this soon.

Relics:
    Spirit Altar: Banner is auto in every FF BG.

Swamp Warts: Provides you with that much needed alt damage against poison immune/resistance/every relic in the game.

2x The Foulest Mushroom: Bread and butter of the BG. Learn to use it properly. Remember it only procs for the closest champion on deploy, HOWEVER if you do kill it it will proc for the next champion too. The aura can heal your champs at times, or provide surprise KB damage. Amp is cute too so if you can let it live please do.

Darkmarsh Blackstaff: Still testing this out. The amp is nice however that's all really. The poison eater helps sometimes, however all the runes which desperately need healing are already immune anyways. May be in for the cut. Buff too please @Sokolov (if this champion already has x:clause add x)?

Dread Symbiote: Also auto in any FS BG. Precision is OP and poison 3 is essentially +5 damage.

Reverberating Bracelet: Oh my lord this Bane Shift is crazy. I need to find space for 2x because it is insane in this BG. It provides boghoppers with VOID SHIELD, the best ability in the game. Not to mention the fact that on top of sonicburst being KB 3, it also distracts. Insane possibilities with this relic. Only thing to note is look out for deploying this on future turns, sometimes you put symbiote on something that you really wanted a bracelet on. Just something to keep in mind.

Will add a "potential other choices" section later. Also possibly a gameplay plan if you guys need it but you are all smart cookies. Will also post edits to the BG as I go.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
    DonK101st likes this.
  2. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Also @Sokolov make poison great again and remove immunity poison from every relic in the game please and thankyou.

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yea, I don't know why this got reverted. It was already done back in July 2016.

4. DonK101st

DonK101st Well-Known Member

5. DonK101st

DonK101st Well-Known Member

I like at least 1 x darkmarsh blackstaff on Katchi with poison3/provision offense. Running 8 races as well so I've forced The Collective relic in there.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  6. Beruge

Beruge I need me some PIE!

would be awesome if it was update. Some of the text dont match the pic either. Would also be Nice with some tips om playing it since im a noob

7. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

awesome! been meaning to test it out, now I know it's worth the try :)