Poll: will this update ever come out?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DiCEM0nEY, Feb 12, 2018.

?

Topic

1. Yes

57.1%
  2. No

42.9%
  1. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

My theory is that Sony is suing DOG for breaching their contract, and they have been drumming up excitement since they can't legally update the game yet need funds for their legal battles.

What's yours?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Kampel likes this.
  2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

Being sued would make a lot of sense actually. I can't imagine anyone buying it.

Another option I suppose is Soko quit or was laid off and cannot under contract tell anyone, as such they are hiring a new person to run the game....or simply are letting nobody run it. back at the start of the owls era they had nobody running the game before soko came on board and the community council was literally making the patches lol.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  3. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

I am an optimist

4. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

I vote yes, buts its with a hitch; I think its to get a last effort money grab....

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

It will eventually. I think they are just behind on Space Wars which is where all their money is atm so the programming work on Pox is delayed.

MrCharles likes this.
  6. attio26

attio26 Lord of FS

would it be possible to purchase and run poxnora as a community?

MrCharles likes this.
  7. calisk

I suspect so but you'd need the dedicated servers, technical skill, and capital to accomplish that.

It wouldn't even be the first ime they sold it lol

Then again with it on the PlayStation now selling may even be inpossible

MrCharles and attio26 like this.
  8. Imba

Imba The King of Potatoes

Honestly server costs and technical skill are not the real constraints on something like this. With services like AWS it's easier and cheaper than it ever was before to host a multiplayer game - though still not "cheap". The real constraint is going to be the upfront purchasing costs because the price of acquiring an established brand w/ proof of concept, as well as a decade's worth of assets (art, mainly) is undoubtedly astronomical. Even if DOG decided to sell it at a discount (or loss, even) the cost would be well beyond what this community could probably raise.

9. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Wait, is Sok like, gone or something?

10. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

No.

11. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Maybe...

12. calisk

To be determined, he's had one post in a month. That post said he was sick and was why he had not been posting for weeks. That post was weeks ago.

At this point....who can say...

13. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I won’t be suprised if poxzuo left or our main man Gedden

14. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

stop spreading ridiculous bullshit, jesus christ no one listen to this retardedness.

15. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov has a new baby I think.

He may be otherwise occupied.

Heresy, I know, but babies trump Pox.

For a wee while...

MrCharles and darklord48 like this.
  16. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

There are millions of babies in the world and only one POX. #priorities

17. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

My friend has two kids works in a warehouse stacking boxes, and he has time for games occasionally. I'm sure poor sok could manage

18. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

you know xD I kinda stopped reading at the ''friend'' part :p if the doctor said he isnt real buddy then he isnt real :)

MrCharles likes this.
  19. calisk

that would be a good reason, if he had a new baby it makes tons of sense in all honesty

20. calisk

what do you mean? his last post was in his profile saying exactly that, feel free to check it.

to save you time this is the comment

Sokolov Sorry for lack of activity from me, I am currently dead with the flu (and Sora also has it)
    Feb 2, 2018

date has it posted two weeks ago, prior to that it was 2 small posts on the 30th, then 1 on the 23, which a bit early by about a week to say he hasn't posted in a month but meh close enough imo..

anyway as I said in the post you quoted its weird but could be a good answer other then him being gone(even though it could just be he's gone) like him having a kid as for why he's not here.

honestly if he had another kid then that honestly fully explains pretty much everything except for how inept owls is at community management without soko being here.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018