Poll: will this update ever come out?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DiCEM0nEY, Feb 12, 2018.

?

Topic

1. Yes

57.1%
  2. No

42.9%
  1. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

a newborn is a big difference then just "kids", and having a newborn around would mean moma is prolly still not at 100% functionality..
    its alot,
    although a new release might help knock out some of those bills,, eh sok? :)

2. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Rather than buying out pox, i wonder if there is a way to do a lesser deal - like a group of players (ones who could contribute money and/or programming) would takeover the upkeep of pox and also any profits for a period of time. All IP would remain with DOG.

soulmilk, Alakhami and Fentum like this.
  3. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I'd be interested to hear what the going price for pox would be right now as is

Fentum likes this.
  4. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

When even Sok can't find the time to pay attention to the game, you know its doomed.

5. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

yeah it's weird, almost like he had a baby or something

Vash Dragneel, Alakhami and Xirone like this.
  6. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

This is America. The dad doesn't get time off unless you use vacation or sick days and mom doesn't get paid maternity leave so its not like dad can take a bunch of unpaid leave. Plus newborns are pretty easy, all they do is eat, sleep, poop and cry.

7. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Ha! This is the furthest thing from reality. The big thing is that unfortunately, Space Wars is consuming all of our development focus at the moment. As a result, we are unable to finish the final project integration and update so all the different versions of Pox play nicely with one another within our development environment.

soulmilk, Fentum, Voidtrain and 4 others like this.
  8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Premature newborns can be difficult, especially if they're in the hospital for any length of time. My daughter was 5 weeks early and spent almost 2 weeks in the hospital before she was released.

9. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I got a couple buddies who just had kids, the crying is the worst part when it's in the middle of the night every night

10. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

So if that is the furthest thing from the truth, does that mean that you being incompetent developers would be closer to the truth? I mean those are your words not mine...

I like you though @Senshu, you seem like a good guy.

CG @Sokolov on the second child, I thought ppl were talking about the first 1.

11. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

if you wannna float yer stupid ass theories go ahead,, just dont get mad at people when they call em stupid ass theories.

nepyonisdead likes this.
  12. DiCEM0nEY

Can you stop with the negativity please? I'm not sure what I did to set you off, but you probably just misunderstood me.

As for calling the devs incompetent, it was a jab at senshu for his wording, that's all.

13. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

he literally said nothing about anyone being incompetent, even slightly.

So yeah.... ****

14. EternalSeito

EternalSeito The King of Potatoes

Hey Barney! Get the popcorn! This is getting interesting. :rolleyes:

nepyonisdead likes this.
  15. DiCEM0nEY

My point was senshu said it, not me

16. Imba

Imba The King of Potatoes

No, he didn't. If you're going to leave a shitty comment, don't backtrack afterwards and try to excuse it. You were being shitty, brother. Just own it and move on.

17. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

He said nothing even slightly about people being incompetent.

He said people were busy. They aren't even remotely the same

18. DiCEM0nEY

He inferred it by saying my comment was the furthest possible thing from the truth. That means that literally any comment would be closer to the truth. I was just pointing that out.

19. Voidtrain

Voidtrain I need me some PIE!

I was about to ask how do you infer that from that exclamation, but then I remembered who I was talking to.

20. DiCEM0nEY

Well your reading comprehension has been proven weak, but anyways,

"furthest thing from reality" implies that there is nothing less true. Therefore, for example, saying the entire DOG team went off to go fight in Syria would be closer to the truth. Its kind of funny how no1 in this thread can understand this. I used his statement to say he was "an incompetent developer". But I wasn't actually actually stating my true opinion about the matter, I was just bullying him a bit as a joke, because he used wording which made it seem the conclusion I came to was COMPLETELY unreasonable, to which I asked, as a bully-joke, "so are you guys being incompetent closer to reality". Then I said "Jk you are a good guy Senshu" to make it clear I was only messing with him, because I don't think he was calling me an idiot (on purpose at least), I was just pointing out what he said from a different perspective.

I have many controversial opinions, but I always think it is good to practice humility and even sometimes acknowledge that we may have said something we didn't mean or think through entirely.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018