Poor Choices in Poxnora's Lore

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elric, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

1) Barbarians being a race. Barbarian is a class, NOT a race.

2) Boon of the Undead being removed and changed over the years, so undead are now affected by poison, disease, and fear.

Stupid stupid moves. It just makes the game not have any sense. Makes the game just not worth playing anymore as their is absolutely no logic in the game.

Was really a great game at one point, but is currently just a shadow of what it could be.

When the supporters come to trash this thread, no one will be listening as there are barely any players as it is. Look at the reviews for this game on Steam. It is just thrashed.

Goodbye & NO, you cannot have my runes as I'd rather have them be forgotten.

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Are you serious?

Yeah let's take lore over making AN ACTUAL GOOD AND BALANCED GAME.

You won't be missed

Anima26 and themacca like this.
  3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I'd rather see Barbarian as a class than a race, but it weighs little on my mind.

Boon, on the other hand -- claiming Boon's removal as an issue rests on numerous assumptions and personal values about a game's goals that few likely share, whether developers or fellow players. Mechanics express a game's ideas and themes, but those ideas needn't be preposterous technicality. Removing Boon makes the undead better function as undead within the design contexts of Poxnora, to Poxnora's end's. I think it was a good change.

Anima26, SireofSuns, SPiEkY and 6 others like this.
  4. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I think I am going to quit pretty soon if Pox can't find a way to make the ghost champions phase through my screen and scare my cat. Ghosts should be able to do that.

Also, none of these champions need to eat, drink, or sleep. Lore-wise, this makes no sense.

5. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

You're quitting because Pox is... illogical?

The irony is real...

6. Krokodil

Krokodil The King of Potatoes

To be fair the thread starter has a point here.

But ! He has to provide a real world undead as a proof that they are indeed
    poison and fear immune.

Anima26 and SPiEkY like this.
  7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

1) I sort of agree about the whole barbarian thing, at the same time doesn't bother me too much and if it was a class i am sure splits would become a problem.

2) Removing boon was completely necessary and about 99% of the player base wanted it to happen, i guess your that 1%. Let's be honest though the logic in poxnora was already pretty scarce, if a positive change is would put you over the edge to quit then idk what to say.

3) Boon ignoring poison bg's was crippling fs players, and all fw champs being immune to disease was not even allowing disease amp to be a thing. All in all it was a 10/10 patch for me and opened up some new bg ideas.

4) Hopefully you return eventually, good day.

8. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Balance > Lore

9. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

You couldn't be any more wrong:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

SPiEkY, Karamasov, Xirone and 2 others like this.
  10. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Barbarians have always been a race in Pox Nora. I am definitely considering changing it to a Class, but it's not exactly a new thing, and there is actual justified background lore reasons for why humans don't exist in IS and is just Barbarians (tho over the years it has become less true).

Having abilities that prevent large amounts of damage from certain decks creates bad gameplay situations.

Recent Steam reviews are actually pretty decent. I think PoxNora would be firmly in the "positive" if the old Steam reviews from SOE were removed (but that isn't something Valve will do).

BloodAshes, Anima26 and Lushiris like this.
  11. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I think he's trolling.

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I'm sorry but if you're seriously acting like this over Boon of the Undead, you can leave and never come back.

Dude it's a game. Bane Shift's going to be illogical sometimes.

13. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

at no point do we see any of our beloved champions defecating- where does the poop go, DOG? WHERE DOES THE POOP GO?

also, i was talking about this in another thread but realistically, how do all of the armies stay maintained? they're supposed to be (in some cases) huge and filled with a wide variety of units (also of varying sizes). like, how much do you need to water moog in a day? or like, what sort of fertilizer does he grow best on?

or, and this is where i started in the other thread, how does SL having massive armies even make sense? they have like one national export, and the market for sand is really low. but somehow, they produce and maintain a vast (and well equipped) army of next gen mutant humans (the draksar, you understand- they have other big armies living off nothing too) who i assume take more feeding than a normal human soldier. also, how on earth do the dragons get fed? my current guess is that they tried feeding sand to them, and that worked so poorly that sand dragon was renamed.

WHERE IS MY REALISM?

the fallback for this seems like it would be nora enhancing crop yield or something, with fun side effects (such as "oh no, my belly's on fire"), but there's little mention of this

SPiEkY and Sirius like this.
  14. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Boon was a sandbag that was preventing many FW champs from being run efficiently. The deadeater clause in boon was worthless and not every single undead champ needed disease or poison immunity. Zombies as a race are the only undead who warrant disease immunity. Poison is a toxin that can destroy flesh and bone despite death so why are undead so resistant? The only boon clause I found useful was fearless and that was situational as well(Zedin, imp strangler).
    This thread is silly. You would rather shoebox multiple fw champions rather than lower their cost by removing a sandbag ability? LOL.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
    chris0024 and Zone1010 like this.
  15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

What if they trade nora for food and water???

16. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

My immersion. Stop it!

Also poop monkey poops poop.

SPiEkY likes this.
  17. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

All Poxnora poop is collected by zealous coworkers, who spare no effort to show their gratitude by "reallocating" it.

https://poxbase.com/ability/535

No question goes unanswered bb.

18. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

I'm going to voil some skywings guys.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Anyone wants some?

Lushiris likes this.
  19. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

if they traded nora, it'd have to be excess to nations that theoretically have their own supplies, but it's also putting you into an unenviable situation where if the issue is forced, you get the worst of a deal.

travedead likes this.
  20. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!