Possession Changes

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Sokolov, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

As I have always promised, that when Possession-CliffDiving went away we'd look into modifying some Possession mechanics.

So I wanted to surface the changes specifically here for discussion:

• Possess - Consolidated to 1 rank, 3 spaces, 3 turns of Possession, 4 AP, 5 CD, 8 Nora
    • Domination - Nora to 40, 4 AP
    • Body Jumper - When this unit is destroyed, the closest opposing champion is <condition value=possessed>Possessed</condition> for 3 turns. (No longer causes Immobile for the duration of Possessed)
    • Voices in Their Head - Target opposing champion within 3 spaces becomes <condition value=possessed>Possessed</condition>, recovers 3 AP and gains <ability value=25>Berserker 3</ability> and <ability value=2253>Manic</ability> for 1 turn. (3 spaces instead of 2, and 12 nora from 20 nora)
    • Take Prisoner - -2 Nora change
    • Crown of Corruption - Nora to 40
    I know FW doesn't currently have everything on this list, but they could theoretically be added at some point.

These aren't meant to be dramatic changes but should make the runes more generally playable instead of just being good on cliff maps. Let me know if there are any specific suggestions, particularly to champions whose main role is Possession and whether you think these changes will help them see play.

(Also, if I missed a Possession effect somewhere that should be changed, let me know!)

Tweek516, sWeNibor, Nora That and 2 others like this.
  2. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

I haven't seen Possess ability used in a while - the issue I have is when it comes off cool down its on the opponents turn and leaves you open especially if there is no cliff diving.
    On the vamps - Archfiend the other 2 abilities fit the theme better and keep the cost below 70 nora.

As for Dark Enchantress she is stuck between a Witch and a Vamp. She needs to be moved to 1 or the other and since there is no synergy with Vamps and Coven in upgrade a Witch she should be and drop Possess all together for better upgrades to make her viable.

Elsari Siren the Body Jumper - The change to that ability (No longer causes Immobile for the duration of Possessed) will make her appear in more builds

Disturbed Spirit - good in stealth builds only for font contesting with possess and haunt but that is about it, low speed and HP with Vun:magic keep him/her in the shoebox

The Spell and the Equipment the change would help.

I don't see FW as a possession type of faction due to the odd cool down and no cliff diving so what would be the purpose to possess a champ, get off 1 or 2 attacks and leave that possessed champ alive and have your champ vulnerable

3. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

In all fairness, FW probably are the possesion faction, since they want to extend the game historically. They also work stronger off of enemy power, which is what p. Does in a way

4. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Domination would last for 3 turns with proposed change, would it grant 4 ap upon casting, or +4 ap upon cast and on your turn?

5. OriginalG1

How dose this work with units that become possessed if "x" unit is not on the field?

6. Sokolov

No change.

7. Sokolov

Possess the ability is changing, not Possessed the condition.

It's 4 AP on cast.

8. OriginalG1

Okay. Thanks for clearing that up!

9. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

Wait so Is possess/cliff still going to be a thing?

10. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

No. The only domi/cliff thing that'll be doable after the changes will be the one against flyers and it'll require an extra element in form of stuff like that grounding ball in SP or the IS magnetic rover. In other words: only flyers ALREADY flying in a chasm will be able to be chasm'd so to speak.

MaruXV likes this.