Post Nominations for Split Rune Status

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Gorebucket, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Ever watch an awesome champ get dropped into the wrong faction?! List the runes that should become a split rune to correct these tragedies. Please explain why the change would be sensible and beneficial. I'll begin:

Treefolk as a theme is entirely based in K'thir Forest, a faction known to split badly since most of the champions are designed around the faction bonus. This is especially true with treefolk, most of which have 5 speed. No single treefolk champion in another faction is going to be worth the speed loss the rest of the deck will incur (and no faction has more than one treefolk champion other than KF.) So the only way the treefolk in other factions are of any benefit to the theme is for them to become split runes. This worked wonders for the Deadwood Strider, so I would like to see it happen to a few others.

Bogwood Mireoak. Change from FS to FS/KF.

A great treefolk champion that was dropped into a faction where it cannot benefit from all of the wonderful synergy that treefolk have to offer. As a split rune, it would bring a variety of damage types and secondary damage sources to the theme. The champ is a prime target for Treefolk's blessing. Bogwood can serve as a supplement or alternative to the theme's existing ranged champs.

Tainted Vinecreeper. Change from SL to SL/KF.

The Vinecreeper would lose the sand it needs to become hidden in KF but would gain speed and treefolk synergy. It would not be as beneficial as Bogwood in adding new features to the theme, but the added variety would be very welcome.

Sporegill. Change from KF to FS/KF.

Forglar Swamp is home to the poison theme and has several plant champions and one shroom addled firk. This poison cloud puffing mushroom would probably be a welcome addition there. The guaranteed Ally: FS and +1 AP on deploy that it would provide helps offset the loss of speed when used in Forglar Swamp.

Those are mine, I might add more later. Any other nominations? Post them here!

Senshu likes this.
  2. Pico

Pico I need me some PIE!

Half Skeezick For IS/SL 2014.

3. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Lorewise, changing Vinecreeper into a KF rune would be like changing regular Skeezicks into IS/SL runes. So I don't support that.
    I do support the Sporegill and Bogwood changing into split runes though.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  4. Shadap

Shadap The King of Potatoes

Although it'll never happen I always felt Leoss should have been KF/ST and Tortuns should have been FS/IS

GabrielQ likes this.
  5. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Tortun bokor to FS/FW
    Corrupted Gaurdian/The spitter to SP/FW
    Skeletal lerper to ST/FW
    Mysian Lamia to FS/FW
    Ctharia to UD/FS
    Boghopper Zombie to FS/FW

6. soulmilk

If Ctharia gets changed back, I would want to see her lose Hero/Split Hero and gain Unique instead.
    I am not sure about the Lerper as it doesn't make much sense lorewise since it is not allied with ST, but I do support all the other ones.

7. Xinde

Xinde Devotee of the Blood Owl

SP wants the Varu Howler back.

8. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

Sporegill already has Ally: Forglar Swamp, so it doesn't need further interaction.

I could see the Mireoak as a split-faction rune, but i would rather see it with Ally: K'thir Forest. I would love for there to be more synergy between KF & FS, beyond what Tortuns bring. The groundwork for poison themed splits is there, it just needs to be built on a little.

That Vinecreep needs to lose race Treefolk for starters, as it looks nothing like one visually & acts nothing like one mechanically. The flavor text should be changed to indicate that they are Plants, and Take Root should be replaced with something else on upgrades. Then i could see it as a split-faction rune with KF. Right now i dislike it in general.

"Fearing for their safety something something D'elim purging forest, the tainted plantlife of K'thir have pledged their support to the Valdacian nobility."

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  9. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

FW asks the veilwalker to become a split IS/FW, and add class witch.

C'mon, she have been screaming FW since release!

10. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Blade of Shadows to UD/FW
    Veilwalker to IS/FW with Witch added

11. soulmilk

Sword of Shadows would be a nice addition to Spirits. It feels like a FW rune too.

12. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Bokor it's better as a KF split rune rather than FS, several reasons:
    Soul collection was already introduced to KF with ghost stalker, so that's not a balance concern.
    He's a witch, if he were KF/FW it would help to proc distichious in experimental warspirit.
    From a tortun perspective, splitting with kf is better than splitting with fs for a number of reasons.

13. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Oooh, I really like this thread ^_^.

1) The majority of Creeps feel like they could really be a FW/SL split theme (mutant maggots).

2) I'd like to echo vielwalker for IS/FW as it's flavor is that they came back from the dead/beyond the veil. plus cast DMZ feels so FW

3) Arctic beast to FW/ST because the strig can swarm them so they do sorta fit the strig flavor

4) Brutality barbarian IS/UD... I mean he is a demon barbarian.

5) Calcified lurker to IS/SP construct love

6) Captive lorekeeper KF/UD and the scorched dwarf IS/UD

7) All centaurs could be the IS/KF split race

8) Contained thrall ST/FW although this one may be a stretch but I think a lot of the Undead could retain their faction.

9) Corrupted gardian FW/SP

10) Demon Lich he's undead and could be useful in a lich theme UD/FW

11) dwarves mountaineer & Tundra Barbarian IS/ST ^_^ snow dwarf/Barbarian!

12) Earth elemental & earth mover & Overcharged Golem IS/SP constructs/elementals

13) Foglar Paladin IS/FS useful in a paladin theme

14) *Edit* marsh troll is already split X_X.

15) mysian necromancer FW/FS possible synergy with mysian theme

16) Snaptooths, Snaptoothi? FS/FW splits, I think they were toyed with being a split originally and their flavor kinda fits. Turning Etherial and basing on old magics between planes.

17) Tree spider UD/KF spider theme needs more love?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  14. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I'm sure the Snake Charmer has what it takes to win over SL's Cobra Spitter.

Angel of Endurance was probably made for IS but given to KF.

Arctic Garu may want to vacation in a warmer climate by joining KF.

15. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

UD has as much mutants as SL, and it reeeeally needs a FW slot in creep bg. I'd suggest bloodworm for UD (bleed) and putrid for SL (acid).

16. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

That makes sense ^_^

17. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

The Hoarfrost seem like obvious ST splits.

Fallen Draksar and Arctic Beast as clear options, especially since Arctic Beast can be summoned.

Randomly I think Execution Order would make a nice IS split.

18. GabrielQ

I would like if you people could write a reasoning on how the changes would benefit a rune/theme just like gorebucket did.

soulmilk likes this.
  19. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Arctic Garu: ST to ST/KF

I'm sure I've mentioned it before but Arctic Garu would do great as a ST/KF rune.

It's unlikely that you'll ever go for a ST/KF split just so you can grab him in a Garu BG, beyond that he's a great beatstick compared to some of the other Garu, Ally:KF would add to the Idea of small AP gains to set up brutal attacks in Garu while also perhaps allowing Alurite Brother to find his way back into the Garu fold.

But aye Arctic Garu is a really nice champion, just slightly out of the Meta right now, but he'd find a loving home in FF KF Garu, even if he has amazing art only balanced by his derpy sprite.

20. GabrielQ

I think that common sense says that any champion that becomes split loses his ally abilities, because it would be a bit silly if not.
    Also, arctic garu would be even better if his attack were frost instead of physical