Post the faction and themes you dislike playing against most

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Jan 18, 2019.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Honestly I know they aren't good as a theme, but damn do their stat debuffs stacks like crazy. Running around with 3 speed the whole game, barely enough to attack or move.

Frozen
    slowed
    majestic

etc.etc.

Anyone else have a theme or faction they hate playing against ?

2. super71

I think my biggest issue is playing against opponents where you don't feel like your even playing. Chopping blocks, not being able to move like the old equip lock decks, endless debuff spam. These are all things that you can't expect to have to counter for every game, forces me to take out another theme rune to put in another counter. The fact that bgs are forced to focus at least 5 or 6 runes in their bg for just counters has always made themes feel incomplete.

3. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Least enjoyable opponents for me are chopblock turtle, cookie cutter ST and massive defence dwarves.

Fave decks to play against and lose to are tricksy KF.

super71 likes this.
  4. super71

Yup chop blocks is up there for me also, never had an issue with massive defense dwarves as defensive abilities appear to be heavily nerfed now.

Fentum likes this.
  5. Fentum

Yes the dwarves (grintmaws, etc) with 20 def can be beaten it is just super boring.

6. super71

Put deep dive champs in here as well, my first game today fs map with 5 fonts, opponent deep dives too my top left font. I remember at one point all deep dive champs getting font ignorance, but I guess not.

Fentum likes this.
  7. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

ST/SP meta, Frost Amp and Ethereal Pool. Why EP? Because while easy to beat as a vet, it probably scared away SO many potential Poxxers it's incredible.

8. super71

I think many broken mechanics scared away potential players, things like deep dive, chop blocks, ep, all scared players away because those abilities and relics just make the game feel like it's unfair. I think this latest deep dive nonsense might be the reason I don't play for a while again, just every game it feels like some nonsense i'm playing against.

Mirefolk stalker apparently only costs 63 nora with deep dive, assassinate, hidden:water.

9. Fentum

The deep dive champ is an instant win on certain maps.

Lack of chat has likely scared away a lot of players. I had LOTS of advice when I started ten years ago. Also played many friendly games trying stuff out to understand the mechanics. Chatting all the time.

I often wish I could tell the new guy ‘ don’t shoot at him; he has ARRROWEATER!’ Etc

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    super71 likes this.
  10. super71

Played a guy the other day and he built a bg based around immunity physical, wanted so badly to tell him he needs more damage, range, and alternate damage himself but chat doesn't work.

Fentum likes this.
  11. Fentum

Did you hear that chat works ok in certain screen resolutions? For years I had no chat but this week I reset to 1200x800 and I can chat again. There’s a sticky thread in general forum.

super71 likes this.
  12. super71

I tried a couple different resolutions, for some reason my global chat works in-game, but the other person in game can't read it. Don't understand the problem, people said resolution problems, but i've have it work off and on randomly since the issue first started.

13. super71

Also, i've never had a problem against grints or dwarves since they were nerfed, the grints hp gain for being hit seems insignificant, and defense just doesn't stack up well in the day and age where every ability bypasses defense. Just my opinion though, I guess it really depends on what faction your playing.

Fentum likes this.
  14. Fentum

I’m mostly UD so the high def means retribution, mindslicer boomerang, and BIG damage. Not difficult just a long slog.

super71 likes this.
  15. super71

I see, yeah ud drives me nuts lately, they just plow through everything with 16+ damage, you don't even have time to build up the defense lol. I typically have a hard time against rushy opponents and fw, anything else i'm usually okay against. The rush lately seems to be all I face though, and considering I play mostly build up bgs it hasn't been going well.

Fentum likes this.
  16. Fentum

See you on the battlefield!

17. super71

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Fentum likes this.
  18. super71

Gonna add possess to this list as I actually remembered to forget about it, was playing against a stitched player and he cliff dove two of my champs. Also add stitch to this list, as the theme just poops out free champs from everywhere and a spell that create more champs. Basically more fw stuff