Post your combos, win a prize!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vartop, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Vartop

Vartop Well-Known Member

Hello all, just stopping by to do a little competition of sorts. I want you to post any combos of runes you find particularly powerful or fun (maybe both). There will be two categories; one for full faction and one for splits (with prizes for both). So post your most potent combos!

Rules
    -------------------------

1. Up to two entries for both Full Faction and Split Faction.
    eg. 2ff/2sf, 1ff/ 2sf, etc.

2. Avoid combos only effective against one or two match-ups.
    eg. 'This combo only works against Underdepths-'

3. No flaming other posters in the thread, friendly jabbing is allowed as long as it isn't double jabs from Dreamcrusher.

4. Entries must be in by the 16th of November midnight PDT.

5. Have fun?

Premptive FAQ
    ------------------------

1. 'If I were to win one prize from one category would that disqualify me from receiving the other prize (assuming I won both).'

A. You are able to potentially win both prizes if I find your combos in both categories to be particularly good.

2. 'Somebody posted a combo I came up with in the thread before me, do I gain priority over them should that combo be selected for a prize?'

A. No, it would be too much trouble to sort out individual cases of this occuring, so if somebody happens to post a combo you were planning on entering before you, tough luck unfortunately.

3. 'Why is the FF combo prize better than the other prize for the split faction category?'

A. I feel as if Split Faction by it's nature has a lot of abusable combos of runes, so I'm trying to encourage those to re-assess their factions to see if any truly potent yet undetected combos still exist.

-may add more later on.

Prizes
    ----------------------

Full Faction - Aria the Priestess

Split Faction- Snogvie the Antbear [LIM]

ENTRIES NOW CLOSED, WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    TeaNinja, Gnomes and SireofSuns like this.
  2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Essence Devourer and graveyard.

3. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

imp familiar + grimlic + red-tipped raptor + fire blast + minotaur portalwalker + goblin spellkaiser + goblin king + fire phoenix + goblin arsonist + minotaur stoker + sacrifice + ruby crawler + cauldron, well, basically my deck is just magical. everything works with everything and has answers to many matchups.
    basically raptor + imp familiar is worth mentioning as the contest combo

also, mindflayer + death guard - for 75 nora reduce incoming damage by 100% (inconsistent and didnt try myself, because it's a bug, but Im mentioning it, because I havent see anyone using it or talking about it)

4. Vartop

Vartop Well-Known Member

Keep them coming :).

5. IronStylus

lol dude. well, I have some combos I won't post about to you, those I mentioned I posted before or used them, but this evidently looks like you just can't make up your own thigs and hide it under 'contest with prizes' thread. what are the prizes anyways?

6. IronStylus

what am i talking you're not even hiding

7. Vartop

Vartop Well-Known Member

Updated with visible prizes to hopefully get more interest by contest end.

8. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Shield warden granting combat awareness to temple guard is pretty nasty (takes half damage from bodyguard).

9. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Oh, and infestor plus bane shift to permanently possess enemy champs. (Yes banned from ranked atm but still works).

10. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Cataclysm: Spend 15 charges. All other champions take 40 fire damage and this champion loses all remaining charges.
    Sea Song: Target champion loses all charges, which are then evenly divided among your champions (rounded up).
    Spell Charged 3: When a spell is played, this unit gains 3 charges.

Cheap and refund spells. Amazing.

11. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

In all seriousness, Lightning Rod+any spark charge+storm field from fury of the storm=dead stuff

12. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

FF: Skywing Screechers and Skywing Rumblers (and Transmission Relay for that near infinite loop).

SF: Spirit of the Mountain (KF/SP) equipped with Horn of Order (FS). Increased damage and 12 spaces (or more in certain cases because of how Pounce works) threat range on Manifestation. On HoO deploy that surprise double tap with a 5 spaces threat range.

13. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

FF FS: Soul Sphere + Backfire Boon/Cleansing Mist/Noraweave (+Mucker). OpieOP.

14. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Lay traps and land mine on a water spot. Cast undertow. Lay traps and land mine on a terrain spot. Equip Vicious Harpoon and pull. Basically lay traps and relic traps and any combination of relocation has always been my favorite combo.

15. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Monsoon and Boil is a deadly combination

RasielCZ, Tweek516, TeaNinja and 8 others like this.
  16. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Not exactly new, but fun to pull off and decently effective:

FW FF
    Festering Wounds + Graveyard + Tome of Hate
    (additional Scorn and Shrine Exertion stuff can be added as desired for increased effectiveness)

edit: You could also easily throw in UT.

17. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

This is a fun one I haven't tried yet, but looks hilariously amazing:

FW/FS SF:

Setback + Reckless Command

FS FF:
    You could also just do Jellebrium and Reckless Command, but that's not quite as fun to do and is more expected.

IronStylus likes this.
  18. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Lightspawn, Power word Tentacles, 2x Divine Spirit. BOOM OTK Priest.

Also Double protect the nest, and awaken brood. For 90 nora you get 120 hp of units, or with warbanner out you get 110 nora for 180hp and if you add boost... ya

The interesting thing about this is that Awaken brood states "hatch all egg relics at once" This means that somewhere in the code, egg is programmed in with a predefined idea of what kind of relic it is. But Larvae from Myx may also be hatched using this combo so it might just be any relic that after a while hatches into something??? i wonder if this would work on firemaw to get him back instantly.

Qucas and IronStylus like this.
  19. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Very simple UD FW combo that I run... Vothsair Ireguard plus Tempest Crown

Gives majestic, pawn, prestige to an arrow eater with 7 speed, multiattack, escalating damage via Fury, 1-2 range, rend...MONSTER!

Add in Bounding Enthusiasm for surprise extended range and extra fun.

Add in any FW champion, relic or spell with desecrated zone to protect the Ireguard from spells. Especially Shatter, etc.

This seems a really cool combo but in 3,000+ games I've never seen anyone else use it!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  20. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Another nice Ireguard option... ST UD Vothsair Ireguard plus Lonx Bone Charm.

Surprise Pounce plus extra 1ap attack on a melee monster. Can often get in four attacks or pounce plus two attacks at stupid damage.

Support with a Yeti Painter for passive majestic.
    Support with a Leoss Magnate for active majestic.

Upset the enemy with various other ST support stuff.