Potential FS Buffs/Reworks

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by doubtofbuddha, Sep 11, 2015.

1. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Corrupted Overlord: (Base Cost 96)

Base Abilities: Attack: Fire, Amphibious, Immunity: Fire, Annihilate, Distichous: FS/UD
    UP 1: Splash, Tidal Wave (default)
    UP 2: Lava-Fall 1, Lava-Fall 2 (Default), Lava Storm

Suggested Changes: (Base Cost 80)
    Base Abilities: Attack: Fire, Amphibious, Distichous: FS/UD
    UP 1: Immunity: Fire, Splash, Tidal Wave (default)
    UP 2: Annihilate, Lava-Fall 2 (Default), Lava Storm

Loses some functionality in exchange for a much more reasonable cost. Can run an aoe versiom a terrain generation version, or a terrain + immunity version. Alternatively, if Immunity: Fire is considered too integral to his kit, Immunity: Fire can go back on leaving, his base cost at 86.

Firk Behemoth: (Base Cost: 83)

First off, this looks like another rune whose cost was not properly updated.
    He should be at 80 right now (81 +2 from basic attacks increase -3 soultap feedback cost reduction)

Base Abilities: Attack: Physical, Soultap Feedback, Amphibious, Psychic Vigor
    UP 1: Psychic Eater, Resistance: Magical 2, Resistance: Physical 2
    UP 2: Life Siphon, Soul Channeling, Regeneration (3)

Only a small recommended change here. Replace Psychic Eater with Colossal. This guy is meant to be Firk's big tank, and Psychic Eater is completely irrelevant to that. There are no psychic bombs, there are minimal psychic auras (and Firk have none), and the number of enemies running psychic attacks is so small as to make the choice of it always a bad one. With Colossal you have three different potential defensive suites to pick from, giving him a bit more utility.

Neuromancer: (Base Cost 84)
    Base Abilities: Attack: Psychic, Amphibious, Immunity: Psychic, Psychic Magnetism
    UP 1: Mindwipe Aura 1, Mindwipe Aura 2
    UP 2: Psychic Jab, Entangle, Psychic Thrust

Immunity: Psychic is a sandbag for all the reasons I states above for psychic eater on the behemoth. Psychic Magnetism is also questionable I think he would be a much more interesting unit if you dropped one (or better yet, both) of those abilities from him and gave him a better range.

Actually, the more I think about it the more I like him with psychic magnetism. I would probably keep that ability, and move him into more of a short rane 1-2 or 1-3 unit. However Psychic Magnetism seems over costed at 8 nora. You have no way to really force your opponent to attack you at ranged, and unlike something like counter-attack: ranged, it doesn't punish your opponent immediately for doing so. It limits tactical flexibility but mostly just punishes people for not looking at his abilities

So I would cut the price of psychic magnetism to 4 or 6, change his range to 1-2 or 1-3 and make him into an anti-ranged/crowd control unit. Where would that leave him?

Extispicer (Base Cost: 76)
    This guy is kind of a mess of useless abilities.

Base Abilities: Attack: Psychic, Amphibious, Shadowstrike, Psychic Anguish
    UP 1: Psychic Resistance 1, Psychic Resistance 2 (Default), Psychic Resistance 3
    UP 2: Jellebrium Mind (Default), Stun, Subsume

Psychic Resistance, sandbag, etc. Though it really is not expensive, and maybe it would okay with him to have this particular sandbag to avoid getting too cheap.
    Shadowstrike is also kind of awkward on him as he seems mostly used as a Psychic Anguish enabler for Jellebrium. But it still proves an interesting trick, so I think this might be a good option:
    UP 1: Shadowstrike (default), Soul Feast, Soulseeker

Neither Soul Feast nor Soulseeker are abilities found in FS right now, which is unfortunate considering how much source of soultapped it has. It seems like a legendary rune would be a good place to put it, and with this particular kit, you can either use it in Jellebrium, as an additional enabler in Firk, or potential psychic split fodder. He probably won't end up in meta, unless meta starts using a lot more psychic units.

New Base Cost would be 74 but the range would be 68 to 74.

@Sokolov Do any of these sound good to you? Should I keep doing them or is my balance sense/ideas awful?

oyo97, EnigmaXIII and Goyo like this.
  2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Neuromancer
    I dislike reducing his range because we don't have viable 2-4 range units in Psychic Amp. And we already have Firk Diplomat for low range CC.

All I would do is remove Immunity and Magnetism. Although he could keep the latter for 4-5N (more = no thanks).

He could also lose Magnetism for Leap 2 since he's a Boghop.

Behemoth
    Would be godlike. Remove Psychic Eater at least, since it's complety irrelevant.

Corrupter Overlord
    I would keep his buffs for later, when the actual FS/UD Split gets something interesting units. Maybe with the release of other Overlords and Dire Lords (like not so good FS guys).

3. doubtofbuddha

At the very least make him 2-4. He is 3-4 right now, which is really, really bad.

How did you like the Extispicer change?

Goyo likes this.
  4. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Neuromancer needs a full rework. His first kit ever, was to be a champ to harass with stuff like posession, mw aura, mental net, etc etc. ATM he is just a bad guy.

Anima26 likes this.
  5. doubtofbuddha

Cutting Magnetism and Immunity and giving him a better range would do that. After that he basically is built around mw aura, with his second path being jab, net, or thrust.

6. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I wouldn't mind him at 3-4 to be honest, as long as he get a propper cost for it (I've read somewhere else, it's the worst range possible for it's cost).

On Extispicer, I didn't want to comment much because I started playing Psychic once he got replaced, and I feel like I don't want a random Jellebrium on my deck. I would preffer all Jellies to keep together and build as a theme.

On that regard, I would preffer Jellebrium Mind to be on base and Psychic Anguish to be optional. And Res: Psychic to be gone. This are the kind of upgrade paths that kills all the fun.
    Shadowstrike is out of place as you said and cost too much on him.
    Soulseeker it's fine on champs that can afford or take advantage of being in the frontline. I don't see this unit doing much with it.
    Soul Feast looks out of place too. I would keep this ability in other factions and give FS other options in the Soultap department.

I would give him Soulwrak :)

Also, what would you do with Soulthief? She's so meh...

7. doubtofbuddha

Eh. I kind of like the Extispicer being a psychic anguish/soultap enabler simply because this produces more avenues of play. It makes running mixed Firk/Jellebrium bgs more interesting. I also don't see it any worse to have a random Jellebrium than having a random boghopper once the Neuromancer gets a better kit.

Let me think about Soulthief a bit. I think she needs less work than other runes, tbh, as what she does is interesting. She is jut a little bit pricey. Maybe just dropping her down to speed 6 would do it?

Goyo likes this.
  8. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Problem is we already have Mindstriker with Anguish which is a lot better than this meleebrium.

About having a random Jelle, I was exagerating, it's not that important. The problem was when he was the only unit with Anguish and looked like "this or nothing". Like you where forced to have it on your BG.

On Soulthief, I believe at 6SPD she can be as good as now. Dunno how much discount that is.

9. doubtofbuddha

If Stat Bonus: Speed provides an accurate cost it would shave 8 points off her cost. Which is significant.

10. doubtofbuddha

Well, I think with these changes he will be a much better meleebrium and can be helpful both in Jellies and Psychics. It will make it so Psychic wont just be a firk bg anymore.

11. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Incresing Soulthief damage would help too...

12. doubtofbuddha

Once again, if the stat bonuses are correct, we could go -1 spd +2 dmg for a net 5 point cost reduction.

Goyo likes this.
  13. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Meh, I like the SPD, and it's not that difficult to get significant damage out of her.

Leadrz likes this.
  14. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

I've always advocated still life on exti.

15. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Neuro idea for rework:
    Neuromancer
    Nora Cost *insert it* (would like to see it at like mid to low 70's
    base stats- DMG 10 DEF 0 SPD 6 RNG 2-4 HP 39
    Base abilities Amphibious, vulnerability: physical, Psychic Jab, attack psychic
    Upgrade Tier 1: Mindwhipe Aura 2, Possession 2, Paralyzing Strike(The next basic attack this champ makes, the target will become Paralyzed for 3 turns.) AP 2, CD3
    Upgrade Tier 2: Leap 2, Psychic Anguish, Telekentic Thrust

just my ideas. Could be better done honestly but I would run him. Jellibriums shoudln't be paired with psy, nor should firk, they should have their own theme, and then Psy should get it's own theme. That's like saying Jakei/elementals are frost when in fact they just have some good runes to support that theme.

16. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

This thread popped up with great timing, because there's a champion I've been meaning to bring to attention: Darkmarsh Sorcerer.

Ok, so I know FS prides itself (overly much imo) with indirect damage solutions to things, but here you have this 'hopper who was useful against high defense champions AND against spells at some point.

He suffers from issues related to his charges. He needs to get hit to do anything, but he can't really survive that. And then, the things he gets to do are... even more of what he already does, which isn't as impactful as one of your champions dying or being pretty much dead. His stats are nothing fantastic -none of them-, but he isn't really cheap.

I have multiple rework paths in mind:

1) Replace his Abuse Charged line with Spell Charged (yay for fitting flavor text too), add Magic Beam somewhere on his U1 and Leap 2 or Leap 3 on base, so he can escape or reposition for AoEs. I feel like he needs the Leap for some reason, but I don't really know how to add that without raising his cost.

I wanted to leave him at range 2-4, for 2 reasons: so there's an option for lower range coverage (rather than all high range), and because he already has bombs for higher range.

2) Scrap the entire charge thing for him and replace it with Book Burn and other anti-spell/spell related things. Then, decide whether you want him cheaper or add something like Leap or Vaporize to base.

The Vaporize just recently came to mind.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
    Anima26 and Ohmin like this.
  17. Kaziken

Kaziken I need me some PIE!

I've always thought Darkmarsh Sorcerer should have Spell Charged 1. Perhaps even make him a passive unit entirely. This way he can't contribute to combat and counter spells all at once.

18. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I don't think Abuse Charged was so bad back when it had Hex (and thus could sometimes not be quite as squishy against at least one opposing champion). Also, Hex was cool as a means of having LoL in FS outside of Soultap and prior to Executor and Soulthief.

Obviously, simply throwing on Hex would make it too expensive at this point (probably) so it's less of an option now. Overall, particularly with the old nerf of Charged Bomb going from 4 Charges to 6 Charges, and various CD nerfs, the focus on Charged Magic Bomb just seems like a waste in general, at least as implemented. I'm not sure though if that's that Charged Magic Bomb was over-nerfed, or if it's just because of how Abuse Charged interacts with the squishy stats on the minion and lack of general damage amp.

Maybe something like this:

Upgrade Path 1:
    Empowered: Offense, Hex, Magic Bomb 3*

Upgrade Path 2:
    Charged Magic Bomb*, Counterspell Mastery
    *(Defaults)

Base Abilities:
    Replace Charged Magic Bomb (obviously) with Spell Charged 2.

I dunno, just throwing it together, there might be some better options.

19. Kaziken

Kaziken I need me some PIE!

I fear for him having access to Spell Charged 2 with the return Forglar gets on a lot of its spells.

20. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

im a strategic spell user, once in a blue moon.