Potential FS Buffs/Reworks

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by doubtofbuddha, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Compared to +2 damage or +1 ap, Encouraged isn't that useful for 1 round.

2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I dunno, if you have roughly 10 attacks in a powerturn, adds up to be an extra 45dmg.

EDIT: Maybe 10 attacks is a bit optimistic, probably more like 8 - so an extra 36dmg.

3. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

But the encouraged only really gets kicking when you have like 3-4 full ap guys to actually increase the damage by a significant amount, but having water font and regal, she would want to be out pretty fast rather than saving for a power turn like a spell.

changing the impervious to a more offensive option to be more in line with encouraged or changing encouraged to a more defensive option would fit, like a watered down version of scale armour (see what i did there ;) something like 10% less damage or something for 3 turns).

As of right now she's a mix of both not really making up her mind.

4. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Oh yeah she's bloated and has the exact problem you mentioned. But I just believe her fealty is amazing.

5. gamengamenut

it is it is!

i use it for the encourage then one turn peoples troops or shrine, but i guess by the time i actually pull off her off i've won the battle with guys like swamp thing and what not.

i guess i just believed that a hero champion should be the one to turn tides and lead the battle

EDIT: At this point she's just another waterfont mirefolk

6. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov looking over and thinking about the semi changes, it seems that they are mostly good. The one item that I am having the most trouble with from a battle group perspective is the Circadian Songmaster. As one of the main sources of water for semi-aquatic bgs, you going to want to be able to deploy her early to be able to provide the momentum she brings to the table. Her old Mirefolk ability helped there, allowing her to be a double momentum boost, providing ap and damage to get to early fonts and win encounters. It was good in a variety of situations. Her new mirefolk ability, is much more narrow. It is very good in specific situations but does not have the wide appliability that her old kit had. It is fine that that was changed, but I would argue that having a water font champion with something that will be frequently neutral at best is going to be problematic. So I would ask either you give her some other ability, or move water front to a champion that can just be deployed without this particular conflict.

Anima26 likes this.
  7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Well, part of the goal was to reduce the number of champions with the global AP boost. That said, I CAN swap this with the Forcemage, who has the Resurgence on upgrade right now.

Note: There's some consideration at removing the negative aspect of Semi-Aquatic and then reducing the amount of water gen around (or perhaps leaving it, but then you can pick away from it more often).

8. doubtofbuddha

Yeah reducing the presence of the global ap boost is something I am totally fine with. I just don't like the particular mirefolk ability used on her because of the reasons I stated. Any chance this change could happen in the inevitable hot fix?

I think that suggestion has merit, though I guess it would depend on how much more semi-aquatic would end up costing. Too much of an increase would push some of the more expensive semis into the red zone.

9. Sokolov

4 nora would the typical discounted price of something like that (half of 8 nora for +1 SPD) so potentially +2 nora compared to now.

The benefit to Semis would be less nora locked up in water gen on other champs potentially so it might be a wash.

10. doubtofbuddha

My concern is mostly that you are likely to want to have a lot of water gen around for semis anyway. Undertow, Drown, Slipwater and the speed bonus soall push it in that direction, so it might end up mostly meaning less harm in the rare instances that water gen is gone in exchange for another theme cost increase. I mean, I think the theme could survive and it would solve some of the aspects of theme being in a factional island as it were, but I mostly lean against.

11. Sokolov

But if you aren't running Water Front on a bunch of champs they would have a different ability, which could be better.

It's a trade off for sure.

Anyway, I'll swap the abilities on the 2 Forcemage and the other. Not sure when that'll go live tho.

Anima26 likes this.
  12. gamengamenut

looking from a view point of a flavor player, taking away the negative part of semi might be better for the theme nora cost wise. But i really like the feel of needing water out for them to be beneficial and also provides a good counter for them when they get too strong. Perhaps making it 5 spaces from water? if that fills the need for removing some dependency on water gen?

13. doubtofbuddha

Yeah, but a bunch of the great semi-specific spells also key off of water. I think functionally you are going to be running the same amount. The incentives to run a bunch of water are too high.

14. Sokolov

Yea, I do think that removing the negative makes them more samey.

15. gamengamenut

I mean 4-5 key Mirefolk have good water gen and spells like drown,slipwater and then there's equipment like Aquatic tailsman and scimitar of the deep (cuz +10 Dmg on bloodfiend makes him a beast XD).

16. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

It makes the runes feel much better having it that way around. Songmaster out early, Forcemage maybe later. Resurgence then Revival.

17. Sokolov

So I was looking at Snaptooth Ancient and I think he doesn't really work well in Snaptooth. And the upgrades create a situation where you want ranged Poison, but then Poison Cloud 3 hurts yourself.

18. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I like the addition of Poison Eater when i first saw it, a certain buff for Poison decks, i was running 2 ancients in my deck already so this will be a nice change.

19. doubtofbuddha

Yeah. I have been playing boghoppers a bit and was also wondering if maybe you could look at some of the boghoppers with nothing but leap 1 to 3 on their upgrades? It takes up so much variability and leaves them pretty homogeneous compared to champs of other themes. This concerns me more for the ranged ones than the melee ones.

20. Sokolov

I am confused. You like him as Poison? Because I am thinking of changing him away from Poison Cloud so he fits better into Snaptooth.