Pounce fails to deal damage if the target of pounce has no adjacent tiles available for the attacker

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Etherielin, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Reproduction Steps:
    1. Deploy any champion with pounce, for example a Splinehawk. (IS/KF hawk)
    2. Surround any target you want with champs, relics etc.
    3. Use pounce on it.
    4. The pouncing champion will relocate to the closest valid tile and fail to deal damage.
    5. This isn't WAD but might be WAI.

Solution #1: make the ability deal damage even if there are no adjacent tiles available for relocation.
    Solution #2: prevent the ability from being usable if there are no adjacent tiles available for relocation.

@Sokolov

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Seems fine to me.

3. Etherielin

Could the ability text be updated to include that bit of information? Something like:

"This ability will NOT deal damage if this champion fails to relocate to a tile adjacent to the target of pounce." Not word by word but similar.

4. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

This feels correct to me. But solution 2 would be a GOOD THING.

On occasion, when attacking a 2x2, the Pouncing champ will end up two squares away and not attack. I thought it was a random bug but it may be linked to the particular square that was targeted on the 2x2. That’s a BAD THING.

MaruXV and Etherielin like this.
  5. Sokolov

It's not technically feasible in the sense that if there's a stealthed unit in the area you'd still get the same issue except it'd seem even buggier.

6. Etherielin

So I've just come across a case when pounce failed to deliver its damage even though the champion was able to relocate to a space adjacent to the shrine.

[​IMG]

7. Sokolov

The screenshot doesn't appear to show the unit adjacent to the shrine. Was this taken before this happened?

I am assuming this is a 2x2 type bug, so probably not much I can do about it.

8. Etherielin

This is after the lerper tried to pounce onto a shrine.

9. Sokolov

Yea, so that's a 2x2 problem where the game only cares about the top most square instead of the whole unit, so it is trying find a spot nearest the topmost square instead of a spot nearest the unit.

Nothing I can do about it other than make Pounce not usable on 2x2s basically.

10. Etherielin

That sucks - what about the programmers?

11. Sokolov

No idea.

Etherielin likes this.
  12. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Ok at least we know. To be clear...

Vs 2x2, Pounce will always consider the top left square as the target square. Even if the attack has been clicked into a different square of the 2x2 target champ.

Right?

13. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

This bug of where my champ used Pounce on an enemy 2x2 champ and did 0 damage cost me a game.

Please fix!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018