Pox Arena: Gladiator Sign up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NiGhtMaRiK, Mar 8, 2015.

1. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

I've had this idea for a month or so now after being inspired from my late viewing of Spartacus.

Im designing a Tournament like system to please the community and accent competition.

My idea is not perfect yet, so im up for criticism and suggestions.

The drive of this endeavor will be to put Juggernauts of Pox against each other for all the praise of the crowd.

Things of the like have been set up on the fly or orchestrated by Moles or even grudge matches in the Lobby.

This will be an attempt to further organize these bouts, schedule them and have a good turn out to watch the match with fellow poxers commenting and enjoying the battle.

iPox vs Tiny
    Burn vs ballballer
    calisk vs heroexxx7

Any other matches that people desperately want to see go down.

So, heres how it would work.

Yall put up 3 matches between people you would like to see. Its ok and encouraged if you overlap others request.

A vs B

C vs D

E vs F

After a week, i will tally the most requested battles. Those will be the goals to get the ball rolling.
    I will contact the people mentioned and see if they are willing to participate and i will get their schedules so i can prepare a day they can battle each other.

Ultimately i want to set up matches that people most want to see. However, i will also take some of the lesser requested people and put them into the 'Gladiator Pool'.

What that will be is a list of names that other 'Lanista's' can draft their Gladiators from.

Being that i am organizing this, i will not take up a Lanista role in this sense.

I will be looking for 3-4 Lanistas.

A Lanistas role will be to stir the community and get them hype about a prospective match. They will go to other Lanista's and try to set up a match with one of their Gladiators. The Lanista's may equally consent to the match. If so there won't be much wagering, however each Arena match between Gladiators will automatically wager 200 coin from each Lanistas purse.

Purse? Coin?

Each Lanista, along with his stable of Gladiators will have a Purse worth 1500 coin at the start of the Season.
    Coin can will be wagered during matches. 200 coin will be the default wager for any gladiatorial match in the Arena. This will give the sum of the wager to the Winning Lanista. 100 of which will always go to the Gladiator. A Lanista may have a high profile gladiator, which he may demand a higher wager from another Lanista seeking to set up a match with a less prolific gladiator. Both Lanista's would have to match whatever wager is agreed upon. For example, if i had Spartacus i would not accept a meager 200 wager when he is a big purse champion. However, if you wager 800 coin i will consent to the match and also put up 800 coin. If i win i will get 1600 coin, 100 of which will be awarded to my Champion Spartacus.

Coin? Meaningless currency for a fictitious game? No no no.

Coin will allow a Lanista to:

Purchase new Gladiators in the future
    Rent Gladiators in Arena matches the pox community demanded where the Gladiators have no stable.
    Make higher wagers to set up more prolific matches
    Purchase Match privileges: Map, Turn Order, Turn Time, Reveal Rate

Coin will allow a Gladiator to:

Purchase a pack for 300 coin.
    Purchase a legendary pack for 600 coin.
    Purchase a Box for 1,000 coin.

Gladiators with 10 victories will also be retired into the Hall of Legends.

So Gladiators can earn IRL prizes but Lanista's can't? This blows! No, no , no

As a reward for stirring the community and getting them excited for the matches between your Gladiators, or even throwing your money around and renting high profile Gladiators in a Community Demanded Arena match you can earn Favor.

Favor is the number of people who attend your event. So if Markoth and Ijabmaka battle and 30 Poxers come to witness the slaughter then both Lanistas will be awarded 30 Favor. If Ipox and Tiny battle and Lanistas auction off rights to rent a gladiator and the turn out is 45poxers, then both Lanistas will be awarded 45 favor.

200 Favor will earn you a Box. I may make this less this season depending on turnout and honesty.

I wont be able to attend every match, so i will be looking for help if anyone is interested to supervise in my stead and take record of things like attendance so i can properly record Favor for the Lanistas.

If you happen to have drafted poorly, or if your Gladiators have just been catching a bad break and you are running out of coin to wager for matches, Favor can be converted to coin at 20 favor for 200 coin.
    I mentioned the worst case, but this conversion can be done for whatever reason, if you just want more coin the favor is there for you.

For losing Gladiators (or unforseen issues) you will be -deceased- after 3 losses. New Gladiators can be purchased from the pool i will be keeping up and adding to from community response, for 200 coin.

I NEED YOUR HELP!

I will be doing most of this alone. Im capable, despite work, however i cant be everywhere at once.
    I will need people to survey in my absence.

I could also use @Moles ,or anyone who has similar knowledge, help with recording or broadcasting at least the High Profile matches.

Lanista's , i will need people who enjoy the concept and have the patience and drive to compete. I think its a fun little game if you're interested in this type of stuff. The role is a bit demanding but can be alot of fun and is rewarding.

Gladiators, i need people who first and foremost the people want to see. So thats why i will be contacting the prospects after a week of tallying who are the most requested. I am hoping that the people requested will have enough time to offer to play a few matches a week and we can organize these matches rather easily. Organizing the matches will be the biggest hang up, but also the most rewarding.

If you are into Gladiators, or you just wanna see Pox Legends compete in high caliber play. Possibly you just wanna see Burn get embarassed, or Ball baller prove why he was ever battle master. Maybe you wanna see poltroy vs browatchthis. Whatever suits your fancy and whoever you're dying to see compete, please leave feedback and let me know so i can attempt to make it happen for you!

I think that about sums up the idea. This is it in its simplest form. I have other elaborations but i want to start small. There will be about 3-4 Lanistas and each with 4-5 Gladiators for this season. I will be constantly seeking new Gladiator options however they may not make it in until season 2. How long are seasons? Don't ask. lol. I will come to a conclusion on that depending on how easy the matches are to set up and the participation.

I ultimately will delete this or ask for it to be moved. This is just the "sign ups" or more so, your top 3 matches you want to see, so i can comprise a Gladiator list. The actual event thread will be condensed and more neat. I will have Each Lanista, their Stable, the left over Gladiator pool, each Lanista's Purse and Favor.

Thanks for those of you who read. If your interested, like the post and/or post your Top Three Matches you want to see!!

Capricis and Pattn199 like this.
  2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

ᕙ(^o^‶)ᕗ ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?!

Actually this thread kinda makes me want a Fantasy Poxnora kinda thing :p

Alakhami, KingJad and NiGhtMaRiK like this.
  3. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

im offended u got my name wrong

anyone got a TLDR

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

TLDR:
    [​IMG]

5. NiGhtMaRiK

6. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Ewww, that gif makes Emma stone look revolting. Please remove it from my sight.

7. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

H0s is in love with the Emmas

OriginalG1 likes this.
  8. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

This is a cool idea

9. Capricis

Capricis Member

Wow you have thought about this, eh. Maybe start a little simpler though? Maybe you could put the gladiator thing on hold and do simple grudge matches and the like, see how the community responds and THEN go all out. I do like the idea of getting the community celebrities to play each other for more than just a few measly ladder points. It could help generate interest in the competitive scene, which isn't very big right now, and help pave way for something as impressive as your gladiator idea.

NiGhtMaRiK likes this.
  10. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Spartacus was a great show with the worst possible ending in any show i have watched.

Dhamun likes this.
  11. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

DOG should add something like this to PoxNora, I would be the most badass Lanista out there!

NiGhtMaRiK likes this.
  12. NiGhtMaRiK

@Capricis My goal is to tally the responses for who people would like to see most and get those matches underway first. Those will likely take place before drafting by Lanistas. Hopefully this will drum up interest once these matches begin.
    Once those big matches are out of the way the drafting will begin for gladiators and wagered matches and community matches can begin.
    Glad you like the idea. Do you have 3 matches you would like to see?

@super71 I only watched the first season. I watched it on Netflix about 2 months ago. I never watched it while it aired. I had very little knowledge of the show. So after the first season when i looked into info on the concurrent seasons i found that the
    actor for Spartacus wasn't in it. Which already turned me off and upset me. I thought they had simply replaced him. After receiving the awful news of his untimely death that cause the change in casting i was just too done to even watch more.
    I think he did a great job in that role and i didnt want to see anyone else play it. So i dont intend to watch any further. Spartacus to me only had 1 season.

@Poxbrothers Glad you liked the idea. Do you have any matches you would like to see? Do you have any interest in being a Lanista when i launch the season?

Thanks for all the feedback. If you haven't already, please reply with 3 matches or atleast your most desired match you would like to see.
    If you know of anyone that would be interested in participating or that has any matches they have been talking about theyd like to see, please direct them to this thread so i can try to get it set up for them!

13. NiGhtMaRiK

@Agirgis1 Glad you like the idea. Any matches you are wanting to see?

14. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

Probably won't have the time for it. Depending on when you plan for the season to start (home the 2nd of April).

Than again if the season starts later than that: @BurnPyro you want to be my first gladiator?!

Also I will give my gladiators extra prices, because I am sexy like that.

Cheers,

Josh753

15. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Unless you can bring back ryv or anyone like that , Ive pretty much seen all the match ups multiple times hehe

16. Capricis

Capricis Member

I'd be happy with any well-commentated high-skill matches. Sorry I can't give specifics :)

17. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

As someone who have not seen spartacus, I am very confused.
    Can someone explain this in just a few sentences?

18. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

19. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

@super71 I only watched the first season. I watched it on Netflix about 2 months ago. I never watched it while it aired. I had very little knowledge of the show. So after the first season when i looked into info on the concurrent seasons i found that the
    actor for Spartacus wasn't in it. Which already turned me off and upset me. I thought they had simply replaced him. After receiving the awful news of his untimely death that cause the change in casting i was just too done to even watch more.
    I think he did a great job in that role and i didnt want to see anyone else play it. So i dont intend to watch any further. Spartacus to me only had 1 season.

Still a very good show the new actor is just as good in my opinion it's a shame they ended it after only a few seasons though.