Pox Nora Community Leaders

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AstartesUltraCpt, Aug 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AstartesUltraCpt

AstartesUltraCpt New Member

I recently came back to Pox after a few years. I still love the game, but I have a problem with some of our top players and the general vibe I get from them. So my first day back I had some questions, obviously there are new runes and changes to the old ones, so I jump into general chat and introduce myself. Now I know that its not a requirement to be nice all the time, but I couldn't help walk away from the situation with a bad taste in my mouth.

Here's what happened. I introduced myself and ask a question and the first response to me is from a Purple rank player. They say they don't like me already because my user name is too long and that it hurts their eyes.
    Ok, so maybe they are just having a bad day I assume, but then I try to ask some questions and am repeatedly ignored or told to reference the forums. That is a good point, but wouldn't it be better to take a little time just to answer a couple questions?

Here is my point. I see very small numbers of players on in comparison to a few years ago. If someone was to come to Pox, for the first time, and met with this elitist attitude, do you think they would want to come back and play? I understand there will always be a level of toxicity in any gaming community, but my challenge is to the top rank players or even the runners up. Foster the same excitement that brought you to Pox in someone else by teaching them and and answering questions.

Thanks for reading my rant. Happy gaming all!!

Pattn199, Anima26 and Xirone like this.
  2. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

What was your question? You should of asked me. Don't talk to those purple Firkers. All they know how to do is abuse 2v2 with broken runes cuz they suck huge dong.

Anima26, SPiEkY and AstartesUltraCpt like this.
  3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Yeah, ignore the purple players for the better part. Top 10 - assuming they're not in a game - are usually more than happy to answer a question or two during their long que times.

I'm here on the forums for anything you need. @kalasle has compiled game mechanics into a single thread, and @Nea has Poxbase, a wonderful database for Poxnora. (Buy him a beer if you like the site)

Anima26, Fentum and AstartesUltraCpt like this.
  4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I am normally on in the evenings or all day monday/tuesday. Hit me up and I will help you with anything you need.

AstartesUltraCpt likes this.
  5. AstartesUltraCpt

Hmm good point. Seems there are even more things I need to learn after my extended leave.

6. AstartesUltraCpt

I did notice that. I have one rank game under my belt, but I am still working on a viable BG to expand my rank play. My old ones dont' cut it anymore, so I am researching to find more viable alternatives. Other than that, just been having fun getting re acclimated.

7. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, Senshu is bringing players on as moderators to help with the situation as we speak, both to deal with trolls and also to help people with questions, queries etc

8. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

That is unfortunate to hear. All the players with yellow names are moderators and if you have any specific questions you can /t username to direct the question to one of them. It also depends on the time of day because there are a lot of quiet players who just play the game and ignore chat.

9. AstartesUltraCpt

Hey that is a great idea! Thanks for the reply as well.

10. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

I came back last year after starting in 2008 and stopping around 2011. There are plenty of very helpful players around. The game has changed a lot though, so play quite a bit before investing in new runes. See what currently tickles your fancy.

One big thing is that it is much easier to obtain runes through sharding in the Rune Forge and using Poxbox. No need to wait for ages to trade.

Senshu likes this.
  11. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

That is a very good suggestion Fentum. @AstartesUltraCpt you might want to just use the free Public decks you unlock from playing the Talkthrough Campaigns in the tutorial progression. It is a good way to try out some of the themes for the game, but if you already have a bunch of runes and just want deck suggestions you might want to check out the faction specific forums for ideas. http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php#faction-discussion.23

12. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

There are also some who freely give runes if they can. Common/Uncommon runes are easy to come by!

SPiEkY and Fentum like this.
  13. AstartesUltraCpt

Thank you all that have taken the time to reply to this thread. All advice is welcome and appreciated.

14. AstartesUltraCpt

Wow, that is really great, but I'm not looking for handouts. Just need to pick some brains about certain faction runes or themes that work.

15. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

You can win large amounts of gold,bonus gold tokens and even valuable exo runes in weekend tournies but be prepared to face the most overpowered broken stuff in the game.
    The weekend tournaments are free so just build the strongest bg you can and hop in.

16. AstartesUltraCpt

Hey that sounds like fun! I'll try it.

17. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

There is a lot of fun to be had just playing unranked vs all comers. Give me a shout if you see me in the lobbies.

18. AstartesUltraCpt

Ill do that thanks Fentum.

19. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

You think thats bad , wait till you meet mw

SPiEkY likes this.
  20. AstartesUltraCpt

MW?

Thread Status: