Pox Nora Revamp - Final Preview!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Senshu, Jun 19, 2014.

1. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

I would just like to point out a fatal mistake you made Shimaru. You brought in politics. On a forum. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE YOU FOOL!?

2. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

mate this IS the last preview.

3. SireofSuns

Isn't that basically true of all the msm's in the US (and most of the world)? I have watched, read, and listened to well over a hundred different ones, and NONE of them report all of the goings on in the world. In the end, I believe it is good to have so many different ones, leaving it up to the viewer to be intelligent enough to know what's fact and what's opinion (or lies, I suppose).

darklord48 and DarkJello like this.
  4. SireofSuns

I know. I mean they are saving the best for when it actually comes out, which is the essentially the FINAL preview (sort of). And it was a joke, almost. :)

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Let's pray the revamp brings consistency for once then

6. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Good job guys, now this is a preview I'm happy with.
    However, Wish seems either extremely lackluster or potentially broken, both depending on the scenario. Wouldn't it be easier for Wish to just give all the abilities on the first or second upgrade path?

DarkJello likes this.
  7. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Problem with that is there are a number of less inspired upgrade paths. Like bomb 1,2,3. In that instance wish does nothing at all

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Wish, as it currently exists on the live product, does not work with the new system - granting upgrades doesn't make much sense.

9. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

so.. fighting vs 4 champs equipped with keeneye crown.. or 4x reaper's blade.. it's kinda missing the "only target opponents" factor or the description.. xD

10. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I might at least suggest a deck limit of 1 on wish. So they can't spam out the equipments.

11. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

guys, grimlic mirror exists and also champions above 80 nora, let's see what does Ipox has in mind before nerfing the thing.

12. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Please don't give into the train of thought that barbarians for whatever reason are mindless savages who only hit things . If we ignore real life and just focus on fantasy gaming we STILL have multiple examples of barbarian based defensive and support abilities. There is no reason to pin them into brainless only beater builds like was done in the past and resulted in the current poor development of the race. How they play and function is how flavour is made not overt restrictions on basic mechanic groups. Pride is fine as it is, it enabled offensive play while providing solid utility.

Aside from that the warchief factor seems interesting if a bit loose. If there are only 4 total warcheifs you might end up with 2x all of the ones you can and bastion, though I don't think his current design will work well. The time to ramp up seems arbitrary but that's a knee-jerk reaction. Do the non chiefs function together or is the concept based around risking champs to stack warchief?

As for bastion, with the reduction of range, the loss of rampage, the loss of damage, and the removal of a fantastically flavorful if borderline overpowered incite from the theme his role as a battle leader is greatly hampered even with the horrible ca:devastate. Is it possible for a removal of devastate and a General redo to make his battle leader/harden offensive buffer roll better realised? Simple rampage over devastate with proper price drop would be a start. Exchange warding and blessed for increased ranks of battle harden to make up price if you want or focus on other ways he can inspire his followers or increase battle leader procs.

P.s. it be awesome to get incite back instead of warcry on chief who I'm guessing is the blood clan chief, it would be awesome and fun imo. Lowering burst ap from 8 to 5 should be reasonable compared to warcry or invig for ap gen over 3 rounds for a range 1 race restricted 3ap ability that keeps you from storing ap. Would also help define playstyle for race with it being sprinkled around some. Rampage + incite was a unique situation that allowed barbarians to chain kill which no other faction or race could duplicate. Adjust power of incite as needed though but please consider it to help define the theme.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  13. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

I can't believe nobody brought this up already....

CAROUSE WAS CHANGED FOR A REASON!!! CAROUSE WAS CHANGED FOR A REASON!!! CAROUSE WAS CHANGED FOR A REASON!!!

You have given IS a free equip that gives a negative debuff on the enemy when they already have a champion (Rover) that can inhibit ap gen for enemy champs that have equips attached. Now you've given them an equip that drains your ap every turn. What are you supposed to do when you're generating 1-2 ap a turn on your entire army and then LOSE that ap at the end of the turn. Storing it up and trying to power turn was literally the only counter we ever had to this goddamn deck and now they have the perfect out for it. If magnetic hold isn't being removed from the game in this revamp (or a very quick change to carouse) then I have lost all faith in any sort of balance coming out of this revamp.

Thbigchief likes this.
  14. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Nebron they say before anything that all changes and stuff like that are still up and open and that you don't need to freak the Firk out and have a hissy fit over stuff because they can fix the mistakes they made. They are just trying to do an overhaul. Some things might get over looked. Thank you for bringing this up but don't go hang yourself yet.

SirHazyrd likes this.
  15. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Gotta agree with Nubron though, I remember last winter when every single person was ripping their hair out because of Devils, Hollywood and Ovar. I think we could all agree that this cannot be aloud to happen again...

16. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Freak out is amusing, but the message is valid.

Nemorga likes this.
  17. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Not that amusing, and everyone makes lots of mistakes. Expecting perfection is a fool's game.

Valid points can be shared without throwing a tantrum.

newsbuff and SPiEkY like this.
  18. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

While I agree that the message could have been presented in a better manner that does not invalidate what was said.

And while, certainly, we can not expect perfection, that does not mean we should sit on our hands when we see something we believe to be glaringly out of balance.

I am also slightly concerned as to how long we might be required to wait post release for things that are crazy op or broken to be fixed or brought in line because we all know there will be some people that will not hesitate to run the most stupidly op things to rack up wins and we also all know that there are those who will not hesitate to run things that are broken and exploit any bugs that manifest themselves.

19. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

Haven't I seen hints that DoG don't like AP denial? Perhaps that mechanic will not exist in the revamp? This mitigates the impact of intoxicated.

20. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Keep in mind it's on only a few champs not all dwarfs and will cost most likely 3 ap and have a CD of around 3 too I would guess. It is unlikely that you would ever get more then a champ or two with out using Blb.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  21. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Can we also make it say "Constructs cannot become intoxicated"? Drunk is a synonym but it's still worded a bit weird for a card game such as this.

Lauremoon likes this.