Pox Nora Revamp - Preview 1

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Gedden, Apr 15, 2014.

1. OSkin

OSkin New Member

I'd like the revamp idea, but i don't like the philosophy used... Why nerf the "extended" champions and don't simply balance up the older champions that are numerically less?
    I don't like the idea of look my champions that can't do the same thing "yesterday" can do; I prefer to see an older champ (that probably I don't use anymore) powered up and add it to my runedeck!

2. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

I think you're missing the point. The revamp isn't just a mass nerfing of new champs. In fact, most newer champs should be made more viable. The issue is that there are a few champs, like Augur of the Deep, that are absurdly undercost for just how much they do. It's dumb not to run it in almost any deck. Gedden said that by stats alone Augur should be over 100 Nora, and he's what, 72? That needs to be toned down.

The design philosophy is to update everything, so that everything is at the very least playable. Make the runes that are auto-includes less powerful, and give the player more options.

Do you remember old Lich King? He was damn good. 4-8 range 7 speed teleport? Awesome. In the later days of SOE, however, he was outclassed, so they threw Oblivion Shield on him, gave him some more stats, and kept him exactly the same otherwise. He was playable, but for the wrong reasons. You shouldn't just add more and more abilities onto champions in order to make them good, nor should you use the best champions as a base to upgrade the others. That's just inflation, which tends to be very very bad.

Don't look at it in terms of "What's most powerful", look at it as "What's more useful".

sassquatch, SPiEkY, Ragic and 2 others like this.
  3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Re: Cost

Remember that it's all relative tho. By the scale/formula that puts Augur at 100, most champs (even shoebox ones) are also undercosted. Using one value as evidence of anything is not particular meaningful in this case, especially one that has a negative costed ability in Dissipate.

That said, Augur is pretty efficient, as he was buffed after release.

4. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Couple reasons come to mind, the first would be that it would be faster and easier to make the stupidly underpriced runes weaker than the other way around (because there are less of them), another reason is complexity creep, new players already have a really rough time figuring the ropes, and champions with 8-9 abillities increase that by a lot. Yet another reason is that champions with many abillities tend to be way too versatile, versatility should come at a cost, not as a standard.

Also, some of us don't like how everything gets more chaotic, and fast paced with the crazy amount of abillities slapped on some champions.

5. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

One of my concerns is that if price is based entirely on ability and other factors are not taken into consideration, there might be some very scary ranged champions at some point.
    Debilitate, Weary etc. on range for example is far more valuable than on melee.

6. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Give every melee champion Dissipate for a nice cost reduction ;)