Pox Nora Revamp - Preview 1

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Gedden, Apr 15, 2014.

1. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Looks like the cp change is exactly what a bunch of us asked for, at least as far as the price change by ability. I for one am looking forward to the roll out.

2. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

This to the 10th power!! If only I could give Moles1909 forum points. What meaneth thy name? Art thou a cave ninja?

3. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Yeah, but having the capability to tweak those nora costs would allow it as a balance option, even if they don't utilize it in the main revamp :)

4. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Why is lumbering counted as an ability anyway? To me it seems more like a 'conditon' ala poisoned or diseased for example. The only difference is the duration is permanent. You surely aren't planning on limiting the number of 'conditions' a champ can have are you? So just recode a lot of these abilities as conditions. imo if it doesn't use ap, its not an 'ability'.

limone1981 likes this.
  5. Jorge Campos

Jorge Campos New Member

Amazing, i renember when i play my 98 nora bog elite with 18 atk!

6. Boss

Boss Member

yaiks! I wanna try for ex. a zoalt that has majestic 2 and evasive 3 with subsume and aerial supremacy even it cost 100+ nora... I wonder how they can kill it faster...

7. brodudeman

brodudeman New Member

I would think that they are counted as abilities because when you look at a champion description, you need to know everything that it does on base. Whereas conditions are things that are applied throughout the game and may or may not be on the champion. Ability is just the catch all term for the items in a champion's description. Lumbering is a pretty simple ability and doesn't add much complexity (unlike the monstrosity that is jellebrium mind), so I would think that lumbering champs could prob get away with a higher number of abilities.

One thing I am wondering about is if racial abilities will count champions with a certain race rather than champions with the ability. For example will your champs with zombie apocalypse will get the apocalypse abilities when you have 5 zombies instead of 5 champs with the ability? Might be what Gedden means when he said he revamped zombie apocalypse.

8. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

This does raise the worry that it will become impossible to memorize champion runes. With so many different champion runes, this will probably raise the skill cap of the game by leaps and bounds.

That is, unless there are only 2 available choices for each slot & there are only 2 slots.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  9. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Actually, if champions and abilities are made clean and simple, it will reduce the knoweledge needed to play only to something like the spell and on deploy effects on my signature, because you'll be able to red and understand the runes in the moment.

10. Nolgh

Nolgh New Member

I Have 1 thing to say: "Finally!"

11. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

On the fence about the sprite display but it could be cool. Any ideas how the hero designation is going to work as a non-ability? Implications for clayform etc?

e: also any thoughts on a null option?

12. Xiape

Xiape I need me some PIE!

Lumbering is an ability because it affects the champion's role, as was said earlier. Even abilities like Flight that grant a condition are abilities -- in this case, the ability is to fly over things.

13. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

This sounds incredibly interesting :)

14. Intweener

Intweener I need me some PIE!

Great expectations for this one! Finally more theme fun :D *prepares his bunny pitch for poxnora abridged*

15. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

Condition can be cleansed and dispelled. It is unfair to remove lumbering with dispell.

16. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I will thank you with my money. Good job owls.

17. RasielCZ

RasielCZ I need me some PIE!

Awesome news, I especially like the cost on upgrades. Can't wait for the revamp to hit.

18. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

"Champs that can do everything" in fact can't do everything — they can't be cheap. Nora management is basic and most important skill in pox, you have to decide if you need an expensive flexible champ or cheaper focused one all the time, and both types are equally important.

Moving 2 core abilities of magnus to upgrades (essentially removing all his current upgrades, or even removing those 2 for nora) is not making him more strategic, you are making him less strategic in those rare cases when upgrades were able to affect the battle greatly.

Also sorry, but I doubt that you'd be able not to kill considerable amount of synergies in process, and recost everything properly.

19. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

sounds PERFECT :)

20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

what will become of the draksar racial? while I like it I am willing to sacrifice it for a better game.