Pox Nora Revamp - Preview 1

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Gedden, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I wish there were an ability called Split Stat Bonus- SPD +1 (this champion has +1 SPD if in a split BG). This would disallow a FF KF champ from getting +2 SPD but would allow that champ to upgrade +1 SPD if in a split. Split Stat Bonus- SPD +1 could even cost 1/2 of what Stat Bonus- SPD +1 normally costs.

2. GIFTbr

GIFTbr Member

9 speed on KF champions its not big deal, KF dont have 99999 abilities to activate (and will be less with revamp), or any kind of multi attack to make 3 attacks on same turn, it will only give KF more mobility, to disengage and move, and some times do that and still make 2 attacks, but still A LOT worst than speed 7 and multi attack 1.

3. Nemorga

Nemorga I need me some PIE!

Really promising, Owls. Awesome preview!!

It will require a lot of adjustments and may turn into a balance nightmare (at least for a time), but I do think you're heading in the right direction ;)

4. IceNorth

IceNorth Devotee of the Blood Owl

@Gedden Any news on battle groups having separate skill selections? Like one BG has Kiergana set up with canen skills, other BG ready for stitched, without having to change skills manually or have more copies of the rune? It was suggested a few times, just wondering if it's being considered for implementation.

PhdNiceGuy and HalfGodBro like this.
  5. Clueless

Clueless New Member

is it just me, or will we see enormous range abuse after this revamp?

6. IceNorth

WAAAAYYYY too early to tell, nora cost is what'll make the diff there, gonna be a tough choice to use say one long range champ, or 2 melee for almost same nora cost.

7. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

as opposed to the enormous range abuse that's gone on for forever beforehand?

what are we talking about?

Nemorga likes this.
  8. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

I think I figured out what he means by "range abuse" chaps.

[​IMG]

9. decondor

decondor I need me some PIE!

Very cool! But is there any time indication when this is suppose to go like? Are we looking at weeks or months?

10. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I just realized summons/pets will be getting stronger. Now a level 1 summon or pet will have 2 upgrades that it otherwise wouldn't have.

And I too am slightly concerned for some themes and just how precisely this will all play out, but I shall wait and see before I go full on wailing and gnashing of teeth.

11. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

Gedden has made it clear that he's not okay with the state of pets right now, so there is pretty much a 0% chance that they will remain unchanged (let alone become stronger).

12. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Preliminary response is positive.

13. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

This revamp will make pox feel like the old days.

14. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

ah the old days, rampant full faction zealotry rather than this split player Kumbaya. Can't wait.

15. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Your eternal optimism is an inspiration to humanity.

Behold and low the following relevant pic:

[​IMG]

And yet I still wish you had turned out like this:

[​IMG]

16. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

Nice, but is it possible to take all upgrades at once? If so, that would return the ability complexity creep. I suggest keeping the 2 abilities out of the 4.

Im also interested on how will you manage champs like tortuns, that have abilies but they come in a package and are a necessity to balance them.

17. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

nah. Nerf Tortuns.

18. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Thank you OWLs.

You earned this. And when the time comes, you will earn my RL monies too.
    [​IMG]

Boozha and DarkJello like this.
  19. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

i'm just wondering what'll happen to champs like master trapsmith that have alot of abilities but aren't really power-creeping
    i mean having alot of abilities isn't bad in itself ; except when they are powerful

20. IceNorth

4-5 abilities will be average, can go more no problem, don't think that trapsmith will be affected too much.