Pox Nora Revamp - Preview 3

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Gedden, May 2, 2014.

1. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

As a Kas player I'm personally excited by the change to NKD. Changes up the synergy. Will run Soul Frost now. Personally I wish they hadn't taken the anti-range out of NKD. To me the flavor of that should be that they are martial art masters. It totally makes sense that they can totally control the fight at melee range. But the anti-range always had the sense to me that they were hyper-aware of their surroundings and could dodge arrows (if they saw them).

Woffleet likes this.
  2. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

Excellent preview, thanks a lot! I totally agree on all three previewed changes, I cannot wait for this to go live.

DarkJello likes this.
  3. Ogoblin

Ogoblin Well-Known Member

I really like the revamp and a have just one request: please, change the skeezick racial!

4. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

are you crazy nohkan do is a liability you lose ap and its not a guaranteed block now enemies can control the amount of ap on kas champions

5. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

This is actually really good.

6. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

what happens when an ability names 6 other abilities?

7. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Yeah, 'cause that's what this post is about...

8. only

only Active Member

that's a valid concern.

it wouldn't be so bad if there were like 4 abilities. I mean it would be just square of condition/abilities.

and if there are abilities providing/conditioning other 6 effects, it might be the ability itself being bad rather than this visual system.

9. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Why not have one window, ability names in it colored, and if you mouse-over them a second window opens. Old hat.

10. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

But then what if it describes flying, and in the little box description of flying, it describes Sentry? How will sentry get described?

Not tearing down the idea btw, just wanting people to think of details ^^. It would be very nice if abilities could be better described while taking up less space in their own description to name all the other abilities attributes.

11. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

I like the sonnic flight change! Will some champs get nora reductions or extra abilities/stat improvements to compensate?

Woffleet likes this.
  12. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Not really a liability. I do agree that the amount of damage needs to increase to more consistently trigger. But spending 1 AP to prevent an attack and deal damage back (while triggering on-hit effects) is still powerful. You're confusing "liability" with "balanced" (or more balanced anyways). The ability will need some tweaking but so will everything.

Woffleet and SPiEkY like this.
  13. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

And whats the problem with NKD rellying on the opponent? isnt strategy a good thing? maybe they are doing this to avoid removing "ready" from artic, so NKD champs will always have that 1ap at the end of turn..

Woffleet likes this.
  14. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Well I think NKD will be crap as much as the other guy, but as I stated previously I understand the concern.
    I just wish it would become something useful rather than this current proposal, which is pretty bad.

KingJad likes this.
  15. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Im pretty sure I used the correct word

li·a·bil·i·ty
    ˌlīəˈbilətē/
    noun
    1. 1.
      the state of being responsible for something, especially by law.
      "the partners accept unlimited liability for any risks they undertake"
      synonyms:accountability, responsibility, legal responsibility, answerability;
    2. 2.
      a person or thing whose presence or behavior is likely to cause embarrassment or put one at a disadvantage.
      "he has become a political liability"
      synonyms:hindrance, encumbrance, burden, handicap, nuisance, inconvenience;

16. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

so ichor is gone?

17. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It's not the balance of having a cost to the trigger that is a concern, but the 2-fold balance of "under opponent control" and "AP cost" that makes it potentially problematic, with the latter being compounded by the former.

Basically, the opponent gets to decide when and if it is triggered (and then it does so at 20% damage for the time being), and costs you some AP.

The reality is that good players will likely make it so that this exchange largely works in their favor, despite the NKD champion paying for the ability with nora (and in the post-revamp world, arguably an ability slot).

On some level, it comes down to the fact that if the opponent has control over when something triggers, it tends to need to be more powerful, instead of less.

KingJad, Woffleet and Pedeguerra like this.
  18. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Thanks for transferring into words my exact thoughts on the subject.

19. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I kinda agree with the overall sentiment, the revamp of NKD seems too weak. I'd suggest the granite bracers clause with built-in coutnerattack. Maybe at reduced damage.

20. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Yes sok we all know you like ST but think about this:
    Add damage to a NKD unit to make sure it bypasses the deffence, leave it with full ap. Its like having a 10-trigger-blizzard cloak that hits you back.

I dont see why it should be more powerful than that.