Pox Nora Revamp - Preview 4

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by PoxZuo, May 7, 2014.

1. PoxZuo

PoxZuo Administrator Octopi

More revamped unit examples and a couple visual changes to the UI! Everything is still a work in progress.

[​IMG]
    Augur of the Deep's ability choices:

Leap cost 1
    Leap (2) cost 4 - Default ability
    Leap (3) cost 8

Opportunistic cost 6
    Slam cost 4 - Default ability
    Domain: Water cost 4

[​IMG]
    Skeezick Blackguard's ability choices:

Skeezick Alliance cost 4
    Regal Presence cost 8 - Default ability

Counter Attack: Melee cost 10 - Default ability
    Glorious Leap cost 8

[​IMG]
    Moga Assault Team's ability choices:

Block cost 5
    Block (2) cost 10 - Default ability
    Deflect cost 12

Multiattack cost 6 - Default ability
    Battlemaster (2) cost 3
    Arrowshot cost 7

2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

This is a constructive post and in no way a way to say 1st.

I am not sure about the redos; Augur seems a bit overnerfed (did he have to lose opportunistic? Rly? :( ), Blackguard seems oddly out of synergy with regal presence and skeezick alliance sharing a spot.

3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Good to see the 1x1 units aren't on that dorky 2x2 square anymore!

:p

4. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

I know everything is Work in progress but 95 nora for a speed 6 melee champion with absolutely no range protection seems really weird.

KingJad likes this.
  5. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

cool!

6. xxLordQxx

xxLordQxx I need me some PIE!

finally...balance is coming back to pox. Augur finally is costed correctly with abilities and same with blackguard. Not overly excited to see what gets the nerf bat in my faction BUT if this is a sign of an attempt to globally balance pox then I am all for it. I cant wait for revamp....Gedden and crew keep up the good work.

Saandro likes this.
  7. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

An Augur of the Deep that doesn't make me want to tear my eyes out? I didn't think it could happen.

Wonderful UI. Much much better than before.

My only comments are super minor and could be fine without being changed at all:
    • Would it make more sense to have innate abilities on the left with upgraded abilities on the right?
    • The Nora cost number look a little chunky. Put them on a strict excercise regimen and feed them lots of celery.
    • Flavor text looks a little flat.
    And that is nitpicking to all hell and back. Really, it looks wonderful.

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  8. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Why is the nora cost of the starting ability (before upgrade selection) listed? Are nora values assigned to the other base abilities as well? I thnk youre just opening youselves up to a lot of debate over nora values that aren't optional anyway.

9. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Enjoying the preview. Nice to see be able to measure up some more nora cost balancing.

Still hoping to see the Necromancer some time :p

10. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Skeez alliance seems a little pricey at 4 nora. Didn't it used to cost 2 nora way back before the revamp?

11. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Because once you can level them those costs will be relevant. The "default" abilities are still upgrades.

12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Please keep in mind that Nora Costs are relative to post revamp balance and not current balance. Something may seem over-nerfed but it may not actually be so.

Rockhopper, Goyo and SPiEkY like this.
  13. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I'm also curious what ghernbound costs going forward.

Also while it is a minor nitpicky thing you may want to put a rank on multiattack in your post.

14. only

only Active Member

I feel like Amphibious should be a secondary effect for various FS racial/abilities. it has very short describtion and it's not that important to know in the context of actual game effects. you know that FS champions do avoid water retrictions. that is simple and intuitive. think about Lavawalker in Terraform: Lava describtion. the same could be done for Amphibious (since it's virtually Waterwalker).

Bog Leap (X) - This champion is relocated to target space X-X spaces away (if this champion is engaged, this ability costs +1 AP to activate). This champion ignores restrictions and penalties imposed by Water.

Boom, you made Leap+Amphibious in one icon. it wouldn't be that hard to find other abilities in FS being able to get Amphibious as secondary effect.

not very exicted how Augur of the Deep ended up. this champion is bonkerz and nobody is even trying to deny it, but it has some healthy aspects of Pox Nora. he is one of few champions in game actually encouraging and effectively doing harassment. the fact that he needs to be so strong to success might be a good indicator how important one-rounding is.

I really love what Dissipate+Slam+DOT brings to the game. I had the blast playing Hyeanid Headshrinker + Cyclops Eye Belt (Slam+Energy Thief+DOT) back in the time. but at the moment, Augur seems like inbetweener of design. Water Vortex and Bounce should be his main control tools. it requires much more skill to setup Poisonous Clouds/Traps rather than jumping into your face, casting spell and slamming that guy into oblivion. so since DOT went away, I would rather see Bounce instead of Slam.

15. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

They said they would be shaking up the meta, and they also said that everything will get revamped. I think it is a good sign.

16. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

ah true. unless the nora cost that is displayed is recalculated as a +/- to the champs currently displayed cost. but that's probably more trouble than its worth.

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  17. IceNorth

IceNorth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Looking good so far :) Hope kento and coragh previews are next.

Oh and i think there should be an icon or something in there to show if rune is from Core, Extended or cash set and i think rune layout is complete :)

Goyo likes this.
  18. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

95 nora for Blackguard ?

19. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

To all you guys saying things get too nerfed: deal with it.
    Everything will probably feel like it´s too nerfed, but as Mark pointed out, after revamp that might not be the case.
    My only grasp is that some champs have 3 choices to chooes from on upgrades (default + 2), whereas others have only 2 (default + 1), for example Blackguard. Is that intended or just a minor mistake?

20. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Yeah, guess what: maybe his abilities were not priced correctly. Deal with it guys.

Goyo likes this.
  21. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

I wasn't complaining. I was just asking because it seemed like it might have an interesting explanation having to do with how the abilities are priced. I'm very happy with this preview because it seems like MAT may become usable again ^.^