Pox Nora Revamp - Preview 4

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by PoxZuo, May 7, 2014.

1. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

The posted price in the preview is part of the whole " this is a preview and subject to change clause", its just an example man.

2. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

True. But the comparisons that can be made are not favorable. This is a world where Skeezick Alliance costs the same as Slam on a ranged unit.

3. Tarth

Again you dont know what skeezick alliance will do.....It is being changed just like all racials and theme abilities remember?

Goyo likes this.
  4. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

The Blackguard is a good example of what I mean. You can break down the cost of the Blackguard compared to another unit and say WTF? You will have a very compelling argument if something is out of wack. Right now we simply don't have enough information to make that determination. Once the revamp is released, if they used a standard costing formula on all champs evenly, you should be able to clearly see any errors.

We will be able to debate the costs of abilities instead of having to deal with arbitrary nonsense like we do now. No more over the top garbage with a straight face like we currently have.

5. Lord Kinjo

Lord Kinjo New Member

Valar Minuā́ris
    (All Champs Must Be Nerfed)

dsjtheman and DarkJello like this.
  6. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

is that braavosi?

Last edited: May 8, 2014
    dsjtheman likes this.
  7. TheNidhogg

This is a vacuous argument - you don't know that Leap 3 doesn't move 10 spaces either. Or if you prefer, Amphibious could do something completely different, since that's close to a racial or theme ability.

In fact, what is the point of previews at all then?

8. TheNidhogg

If it was a racial (class-ial) for Demigods, no I probably wouldn't.

No ability is inherently OP, they all need context like "How widely spread is it?" "How much does it cost in the calculator?"

9. Xiape

Xiape I need me some PIE!

I was surprised too, but I agree; it might be important to keep everything in context. We don't know if skeezick have changed. The reason this may be getting attention is that in the past, skeezick have been about cheaper champions in larger numbers (and thus 95 nora champions didn't fit in as well).

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  10. Xiape

Xiape I need me some PIE!

This is similar to pack mentality. I think one important part is to limit it to creatures with the racial, to not limit design space for attack-required abilities.

11. only

only Active Member

not exactly issue of just Skeezick Blackguard (he is not the main offender, but honorable mention) was the design idea behind Resilient.

I definitely dig Resilient+Tough since it counters a lot of so-called passive/non-direct dmg: DOTs, Pings, bombs to some extention, dmg auras/shields, poison clouds, sometimes stun etc.

but why do Resilient champions always come up with some ubber high DEF, other defensive abilities, which usually shut down ANY dmg.

point here that defensive mechanisms should be mini qusts how to deal with specific champions, they should always come with drawbacks. completely closing any source of dmg shouldn't be the type of tankyness.

12. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

i <3 you

13. disky00

disky00 New Member

Really loving these changes. I've come back to Pox since the transfer and I'm really liking what you guys are doing. For DOG and Pox's sake, release it on mobile!

DarkJello likes this.
  14. Tarth

Not really, I'm not really assuming anything, Im just reading what they already said about racial s in the last preview. Though there is a possibility it will stay as is but as the first racial ever in pox I doubt it wont be updated/changed .
    If you want to argue what is or isn't a racial go ahead but we all know ( now that's a vacuous argument) that skeezick rebellion is a racial and they are changing them so complaining that its 4 nora now or that the blackguard is too expensive to work with it is pointless.

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  15. Mister Tuggles

Mister Tuggles I need me some PIE!

I think people who are saying things are overnerfed need to realize that this is going to be a first pass effort to bring things somewhat back in line. The power creep in this game had gotten ridiculously out of control. DoG is attempting to bring things back in line.

Just think of this as a first alteration with, hopefully, many more to come to get things stable again.

Yes, the Meta is going to change. Adapt and enjoy.

DarkJello likes this.
  16. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Yes at the very least the meta will change and the game will feel new. New things will be OP and UP and they will go on with structured buff/nerfs. We should have plenty to experiment with until the next "ideal" expansion of "balanced" champions.

Woffleet and DarkJello like this.
  17. Kimiz

Kimiz Active Member

Thanks for the previews and I'd like to remind everyone that we have no idea how the game will look after the revamp so complaining about any balance related issues based on these few previews seems relly off-base.

Maybe 95 nora Blackguard will still be great in the new Pox, maybe he will be lackluster and will need a further buff... Just let the devs go thought this and reserve your judgment to when you'll have a full view of the plan.

Woffleet, DarkJello and Boozha like this.
  18. Apostate

Apostate I need me some PIE!

As of writing there exist nearly 1400 champions. I'll reserve my judgement until I've seen more than four of them.

DarkJello and SPiEkY like this.
  19. Pathfnder

Pathfnder Devotee of the Blood Owl

I'm looking forward to rediscovering this game after 7 years of watching everything get powercreep. I'm really excited about how things will change (some for better, and maybe even some for worse) because it will bring new life to this game, it will change the status quo, and open the way for older runes to re-emerge. I see myself doing a lot more trading and buying of packs when this revamp comes.

Thbigchief likes this.
  20. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Well, as much as I think we shouldnt be too negative about the nerf of some runes, I also don´t think we should be overly excited about buffing older ones.
    I mean, yeah, some upgrades might be switched here and there, but I have a feeling that shoeboxed runes will retain that status quo.
    Also, keep in mind there is no mention to revamping spells/equips/relics, so you will probably be seeing the same 15 runes on every battlegroup.
    I just think we should take this revamp lightly until it hits, no need to get over dramatic or over excited about it.

hsssh likes this.