Pox Nora Revamp - Preview 4

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by PoxZuo, May 7, 2014.

1. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

naaah.. I'd rather be excited.

DarkJello likes this.
  2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Go ahead, then.

3. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Skeezick black guard has been shoeboxed! It didn't even make the grade with sl good stuff meta.

4. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

To add to your point:

[​IMG]

Also, individual runes by the dozens and dozens will need to be balanced AFTER the revamp. It is known.

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Except that anyone who played in the past when costs were transparent can tell you it neither stoppe runes from being top of the food chain nor people complaining and disagreeing. It just changed the specifics of the argument somewhat, but people were still as sure that they were right.

Tarth likes this.
  6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yea this will be a fairly lengthy process before we get back to a semblance of balance. I will be interested to see if this increases or decreases rune diversity in BGs.

7. egami

egami Devotee of the Blood Owl

One of the reasons (one not all and probably not the most important) the developers went away from the original metric is that players started using it to campaign on the forum for a champ to be changed. It was like hanging out with lawyers on your free time; which is crazy unless they declare them in season and you have an orange vest on. The metric needs to be loose enough to accommodate tweaking; it's a guide more than rule. For a while, that guide used to be public knowledge and we could rationally debate the costing on something like flying (I think it was 8 nora) in a rational way. I don't blame the devs for taking the metric down. It did raise an eyebrow or two to see how far they diverged from costing into supersize-econo champs.

DarkJello likes this.
  8. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

Pirate Yoda FTW.

9. Taylor

Taylor I need me some PIE!

Quite happy with the Augur nerf. Also nice to potentally upgrade to leap 3.

Woffleet likes this.
  10. Spelmann

Spelmann New Member

Hi! I'm just wondering if there has been released an expected date for the revamp to release? Really exited about seeing the new pox! Feels like a new game =)

11. Dograge

Dograge New Member

maybe I missed it,but I seen guy playing a statue of zeulos its pretty fricking big statue is this something new cause I don't see it in the market place

12. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I think you mean Statue of Xulos (Bonds of War relic), see rune checklist.

13. cabunabaxton

cabunabaxton New Member

My opinion, we should have a new map that interect with environment, such as plant would be grown in water of Forglar Swamp....

14. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Srsly, Grey out the nora costs on these previews or these knobs will start seizing.

hsssh, SPiEkY and DarkJello like this.
  15. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Except that Gedden has mentioned that they'll look at non-Champs after the Champs are done. I believe it was in one of Moles Q&A Sessions.

DarkJello likes this.
  16. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

he also said any non champ runes that are directly affected (by game mechanics, not synergy) due to a champ change, will also be adjusted.

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  17. hsssh

hsssh The King of Potatoes

Honestly I don't really understand these previews.

Sure, you cleaned up interface a lot and it makes a perfect sense to show it off, but multiple runes? Showing one champion would have been enough (ideally Augur), but now people are scratching their heads thinking on how same design process was used on all three champions (and some from previuos previews).

Blackguard looks too costly, maybe his racial got buffed (for all we know it might have been nerfed) and maybe some of his abilities now do something else too. Point is that we don't know any of that. As a result some people start doubting about this whole revamp thing and argue with each other.

I think it would make more sense if you showed only runes that have their racials/abilities fully explained. You did preview, for example, new ZA and NKD racials, so maybe show champions with those racials, how do they look in this new metagame and how this brand new world is supposed to look. Maybe then we'll be able to actually provide some feedback.

Woffleet and LordRahan like this.
  18. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I need another preview... I'm shaky, twitchy and can't stop refreshing general chat.

But I imagine I'll start exhibiting odd behaviour any time now.

Woffleet, DarkJello and Paper Skull like this.
  19. Sunutsu

Sunutsu I need me some PIE!

I'm going on here every day now refreshing the homepage and forum constantly hoping that the revamp happens already.

20. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Just wanted to re-iterate my concern for the "Group limit"

Please change it to "Battlegroup limit" or "Deck limit" to be more newbie friendly, it's confusing when it has group limit when the decks are called battlegroups or decks.

I saw group limit 2 and immediately thought "Wait so you can only have 2 in like 2 spaces of each other?" it was only after pondering a moment that I noticed what it meant.

Yes, I know it was a wierd way of thinking but hey, it helped to notice a flaw.