Pox Nora Revamp - Preview 5

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Senshu, May 20, 2014.

1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Greetings,

Everyone at Desert Owl is really busy working on the revamp, but we still wanted to put something together for all of you.

First, revamp status update. We still can’t say for sure how much longer this will all take, but we are nearing the home stretch. The revamp is a 4 phase process, and we are nearing the end of phase 3 right now. Phase 4 is the testing phase so the bulk of the work is mostly done. Gedden is busy wrapping up the design tweaks to address the kitchen sink champions. Specifically he is working on the Heroes of Maljara expansion.

Anyway, now to the body of this post. The revamp’s core focus may be on addressing the power creep that has occurred over the years, but it also gives us the ability to make other tweaks and prepare for Pox’s future.

One such change is the removal of the Cultist and Crone classes from the game. Most of these champions have become Witches because we want to do more with this class in the future, hint hint.

We changed the class “Engineer” to “Tinkerer.” This change was mainly because Tinkerer fits more with the theme of pox and the clockwork constructs. As a result of this change alterations have been made to existing Runes. For example, Silverclan Engineer is now the Silverclan Tinkerer. Since we mentioned him might as well show the Tinkerer’s new stats too.

[​IMG]

Another change is we added the class of brute. Brutes tend to be unarmed champions or ones who use fist weapons. For instance, the Abomination is now part of the brute class.

[​IMG]

Lastly we have brought back the Druid class, but they were never really gone, just hiding. The mighty are a nature magic and shapeshifter class, and bringing them back also allows us to bring back some of their more unique class abilities like Nature’s Blessing. Who might you ask has this ability, and what does it do? Good questions, and all of which are listed below.

[​IMG]

Nature's Blessing (Rank 1)
    Target champion within 5 spaces is Cleansed (all negative conditions are lost) and is healed for 7 HP

Nature's Blessing (Rank 2)
    Target champion within 5 spaces is Cleansed (all negative conditions are lost) and is healed for 9 HP and gains 1 DEF for 4 turns.

Nature's Blessing (Rank 3)
    Target champion within 5 spaces is Cleansed (all negative conditions are lost) and is healed for 11 HP and gains 2 DEF for 4 turns.

Everything posted is still be subject to change. We know waiting for this revamp is tough but your patience is greatly appreciated.

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Finally!

Cool to hear that you guys are almost done!

3. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Lookin forward to witches

4. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Every step towards release makes me happy. Keep going!

Goyo and SPiEkY like this.
  5. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Thanks for giving attention to the witches. I'm interested into knowing what you're going to do with them. Any chance to know if you're going to revamp the elsari coven ability?

6. borice45

borice45 The King of Potatoes

can't wait

7. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I'm not patient. But I can habitually crack my fingers while I wait.

Abomination still looks weak, but it's all subject to the revamp. he looks cleaner at least :p
    I imagine he might be quite murdery in melee in the revamp depending on relative power.

"murdery" is totally a word.

DarkJello likes this.
  8. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Draksar shifter will now be druid class i guess n.n

9. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

And Homicidal Thug, Draksar Persecutor and Draksar Augmenter will be Brutes its my guess

Any new class for "Jaw" attack type? like Destroyer or Goliath fesh?

10. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

there must be a mistake with the nora cost of the silverclan engineer, would you check it? 39 nora for 45 hp, invigorate 2 and shatter champion is nothing short of crazy, 42 and you can add grant aura.

EDIT: This is wrong, correct numbers would be 47 and 50, but still crazy.

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  11. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

For 61 nora ill take the abominaton at his current nora price no way.

12. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

I don't think you fully understand. The cheapest he could be deployed for is 71 n.

13. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

What will happen to Avatars in the revamp? Specifically, their abilities are basically just different versions of pre-existing abilities; will their upgrades get an overhaul too?

14. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Eh read it again man you will figure it out. Starting nora cost 61 nora after and if u decide to use upgrades he will be 75 nora.

15. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

Lovely. More Witches. Some of us have been craving more Witches for some time now.

16. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

From what I understand you are forced to take default upgrades. CP'ing the rune means you can change one of the upgrade paths to the other, CP'ing it fully means you can change both default upgrades.

17. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Yeah, I´m sorry Owl guys, but I think you guys are completely off with your calculations, or you guys are really creating a new game altogether.
    Champs like this one bothers me to no end.

18. Pedeguerra

Also, Nature's Blessing seems completey unnecessary.
    I mean, Cleanse already, huh, cleanses and heals for +5HP. Why create ranks of the same ability, giving it a different name and all? Seems unintuitive.
    I'll be completely honest here: I'm generally an optimistic person, but I'm starting to get really troubled about how this revamp is going to look like.

nico likes this.
  19. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Nature's Blessing isn't new. KF Avatar ability

Edit: Also, his rank 6 only heals for 5 hp. Does he get this new ability or are they separate skill trees?

20. Pedeguerra

Still weird, still adding complexity to the game without really needing it. At least on my opinion.
    I'm still amased by the fact that Tinkerer got Invig 2 and costs 52 nora, though. Guess mogas will be like what, 15 nora?