Pox Nora Revamp - Preview 5

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Senshu, May 20, 2014.

1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Actually, at the moment with the new upgrade you will still need to choose your upgrades in the rune manager before you enter a match with your Battlegroup.

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Oh absolutely, but it doesn't prevent the idea from being implemented later is what I was referring to.

3. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

imagine being able to change the upgrades on enemy champs..... ewwww

4. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Out of curiosity, how does wish work now?

5. Sokolov

What a coincidence, I was just talking to Gedden about this :D

6. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

I sent him a message asking about it but he never responded.

7. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

What kind of map changes did you have planned, because they still seem as bad as ever for the few games I've had, almost totally lop sided in favor of player 1 should he draw a flyer or teleport or 7-8 speed champ.( not talking about all maps just certain ones )

not really sure what the balance is but i can say for certain that center fonts should never favor these advantages, tertiary/side fonts sure, but not the most important font.

Woffleet and DarkJello like this.
  8. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Hopefully they will be lowering the number of high speed units that are also damage dealers, tanks, and powerful ability users to make mobility and speed their point and not a norm of those types of champions. The faster, or more mobile via flight/teleport etc, you are the weaker yuo should be in other areas. Maybe flying will actually have a fair cost associated with it now too. That and/or a negative to make up for its effectiveness such as not benefiting from positive terrain effects since it ignores negative ones.

9. Sokolov

I think maps should be left until we see what the new baseline is after the current champion adjustments.

Woffleet and Skullferno like this.
  10. OSkin

OSkin New Member

But I don't understand a thing about this 4/5 ability for champ revamp: the champion will generally be stronger by increasing their rarity? Or Legendary will generaly be strong as a common/uncommon?

11. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

So the way it works is that having 10+ abilities is really annoying. You can misread one of the ten abilities and it will mess up a game because players, and new players especially, don't have time to read and comprehend all of them. They don't have to be good or bad abilities, strong or weak, but just the sheer density is the problem.

More expensive champions should be more powerful. Rarity should only be an indicator of how unique or complex the champion is. Common champions should be pretty simple overall, while Legendaries can have multiple unique abilities or rarer abilities. Mind, this is just a rough guideline. Rarity should have no real bearing on how powerful a rune is.

darklord48 and Woffleet like this.
  12. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Rarity should simply equal how hard it is to acquire said rune.

I would be fine with rarity = complexity but not = power.

With the revamp the reduction of abilities across the board will help the learning curve and to focus champions into specific roles instead of having 10+ abilities. This many abilities would be fine if the number of average champs on the field was very low but this is not the case.

LordRahan, Stargorger and GameJack like this.
  13. cabunabaxton

cabunabaxton New Member

i mean would they put the description of relic like they did in champion, the picture of relic?

14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

The problem I noticed with SoE is also that new abilities came on Limited/Legendary champs first, and often were abilities that made a theme better.

Paper Skull likes this.
  15. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I waited a week, like a good boy.

Now... where is the next preview?

I will be sacrificing one Captive Lorekeeper each hour until there is a new preview. I know I know, it's a waste of Sacrifice, but it's the principle gosh durn-it!

OSkin likes this.
  16. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I will do my part and gas one moga pup in poisonous fumes per hour.

17. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I'll take the ranked que as hostage, I'll play AP lock + chopping block + timmy + fist of bastion hybrid bg, I have the vengers to do that.

18. Sokolov

Is this actually true?

Endless Wonder

FS Champs with New Abilities
    Commons - Circadian Templar's Mirefolk Resurgence (Mirefolk)
    Uncommons -
    Rares - Circadian Enchantress's Mirefolk Revival (Mirefolk)
    Exotics -
    Legendary - Darkmarsh Outlaw's Brand of the Outlaw (Non-theme), The Thing's Marsh Awakening (Self buff with Water)

FW Champs with New Abilities
    Commons -
    Uncommons -
    Rares - Fleshweaver Witch's Summon Festering Corpse (Zombie), Fleshweaver Witch's Zombie Herder (Zombie)
    Exotics - Bloodworm's Bloodlust (Bleed, ability shared with Hekatian Arbite)
    Legendary - Coragh's Double Trouble (Zombie), Mysia Lamia's Shrinking Scion (Non-theme)

FW/FS
    Legendary - Tortun Bokor's Cursed Treasure (Witch, kind of?)

IS Champs with New Abilities
    Commons -
    Uncommons - Silverclan Engineer's Superior Engineer (Construct)
    Rares - Silverclan Hoplite's Complex Machine (Construct, ability shared with Silverclan Shocktrooper)
    Exotics -
    Legendary - Dwarven Alchemist's Grant: Stoneskin Potion (Non-theme), Dwarven Alchemist's Grant: Healing Potion (Non-theme, Healing theme?), Silverclan Shocktrooper's Complex Machine (Construct, ability shared with Silverclan Hoplite)

KF Champs with New Abilities
    Commons -
    Uncommons -
    Rares - Chained Fae's Chains of Amareth (Fae)
    Exotics - Rage of the Circle's Limbo (Non-theme)
    Legendary - Enforcer of the Circle's Dictate (Non-theme), Fae Oracle's Anthomacy (Non-theme)

May do more later, but even here, with EW having TWO sets of Legendaries, this doesn't really tilt theme abilities towards Legendaries, though it is true in general that LEGs gets new abilities more consistently (which makes sense if you think about desirability for new runes).

19. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I was thinking of Dire Covenant, with Lich's Servitor, Attendant Squire, and Draksar High Priest. Totem of the Fallen came to mind too with Skeezick Rapture.

20. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Sokolov, Master of Defense <3