Pox Nora Revamp - Preview 6

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Senshu, May 30, 2014.

1. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I'm not worried about him.. but I hate that is he almost always an auto include in most BGs. The tacked on extras just aren't necessary.

2. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Also interesting is that you think 12 nora is being costed to "every" bok or angel. How much is the extra spell presence costing? How much does the map dominance cost? Terrain ignoring? Unless 1-2 abilities cost 0... flight hasn't been costed appropriately in ages.

3. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Ha, this is quite amusing. I was the first to said not a single ability have been properly costed since that developer came around and screwed everything. My point was pretty much "how do you know flight is undercosted if we don't know the price for any ability?". On the old system you may had a point, but after the powercreep age, I don't think so. Unless 1-2 abilities cost 0? Lets be honest here, do you really think that developer didn't hand free abilities left and right? Do you think the old Jyx (which also had oblivion shield pre-nerf at base) really paid for all those abilities at <90n? Long knife adept at <70n? Can you tell me the release nora price for deep leviathan and explain how all his abilities made sense? Oh, btw, what's the price for attack charged? The charge system didn't existed back on the old days.

No, I don't think flight have been properly accounted on each angel and bok. Why? Because not a single champ was properly costed for quite a while. But that wasn't a fault on flight itself, but on that developer. If we go back, back earlier, a 12n price was a starting point. Let me repeat: upgrading from 9 to 11(7) spd costed 9n. Flight alone was more expensive than upgrading the most expensive stat to its higher point. It wasn't possible to upgrade in a normal build to reach 13(8) spd, only KF or abilities like berserker could attain it, however, if upgrading from 7 to 9 (6) spd would cost 8n (iirc), then is safe to assume that even if possible, upgrading from spd 11 to 13 wouldn't cost more than 11n, so isn't possible to match the cost of flight.

Perspective. 12n may sound cheap on a void dumb analysis. Compared to other abilities and stats, it made sense. Checking at the previous patch notes, do you know what other abilities were more expensive than flight at 12n? Not many, let me tell you. Majestic 2, 15n. Surge enemy, 15n. Pummel/barrage rank 2, 16n. (Funny enough, rank 1 used to cost 12n, the same than the cones rank 3.) Also the rank 2 on many surge abilities (which, iirc, was 2dmg per unit) also costed 15n, but rank 1 was priced at 10n. Point is, if that doesn't give a sense on how strong the old developers placed flight among other abilities, then I don't know what to say. They used to consider it as strong as any bomb rank 3 (which I have been saying for some time now are OP), stronger than most surge abilities (including zealot demon, priced at 9n), majestic rank 1 and next to all damage eater abilities; flight used to cost 3 times more than arctic or BotU (4n each), which are ridiculously OP according to everyone.

Obviously, if back on the day, next to all of my AoE spells or equipments included a clause "flying champion ignore this rune", I would also price it higher than 20n, but I think that's besides the point.

Boozha likes this.
  4. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Serkan isnt the problem, The equipment is.

Makorov and SPiEkY like this.
  5. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

would the hero specific equips be less of a problem if they were truly 'hero specific' and could not be equipped on other champs?

6. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

They need to lose the refund innit

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

In the case of Vendetta, I think it is so powerful because it applies to race Undead most of the time. If it only applied to Lich/Skeleton/Zombie/Human depending on what you put it on, I think that would be a lot less powerful. At least it would restrict it to theme decks instead of working in goodstuff decks too.

sassquatch likes this.
  8. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I think so, and that would be a good way to deal with them, at first.

9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Personally I like the equips that get more powerful if they are equipped on the hero they were designed for. I think most of the hero equipment is like other equipment, the cost has dropped so low to compensate for ease of destruction, that if the equip isn't destroyed it quickly becomes insanely efficient.

10. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

the problem I see with that is the equips have to be useable on a non hero, which means they are going to be better than good on the hero by default. if you removed the possibility of equipping to a non hero, the overall effect of the equip could be toned down.

11. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Refund is the biggest issue imo

Shimaru and SPiEkY like this.
  12. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I understand, but I think DOG will do fine in regard to flavor :)

Woffleet likes this.
  13. OSkin

OSkin New Member

I hope to be in wrong and I'm impatient about relase date to confirm that I'm wrong. But for now I'm unfavorable to this revamp philosopy (but I approve the need of a revamp, just don't like this way)

14. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Looking at Thirion, it certainly would be nice if Boost: Treefolk were updated, and changed, to Boost: Plant. Please?

15. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Serkan is annoying, but the real problem indeed is vendetta with vengeful. Just strike out vengeful and its done.

16. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

To be fair though, Serkan has 10 abilities right now. So he is going to get squished down either way ^^

17. Squama

Squama I need me some PIE!

Exactly.. ten abilities and take a look at his stats, with 3-7 range...

They are now taking into account the attack area (nice thing) to calculate the proper cost of a champion... so i think that applying their formula now would result in something like 200 nora.

Obviously i don't think serkan is that op, but is by far too efficient for its actual cost. He's going to lose abilities and cost the same, i suppose... that's fine.

18. KelRama

KelRama The King of Potatoes

Thanks DesertOwls for bringing back the old glory of poxnora.

19. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

It is our pleasure :)