Pox Nora Revamp - Preview 6

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Senshu, May 30, 2014.

1. caine1138

caine1138 Well-Known Member

@2x2 resized from 1x1, costing:

if max range 1, -5
    if max range 2, 0
    if max range 3, +5
    if max range 4, +10
    if max range 5, +15
    if max range 6, +20
    etc...

2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

It is more that we will look into it if there appears to be an issues with large champions after the revamp.

Woffleet and SireofSuns like this.
  3. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

It is better to err on the safe side. As such, let's just go ahead and make Forest Dragon a 1x1 sized champ! :D

4. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Nope, not yet, but good try ;)

5. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Any chance you got videos to show how the champions look like like a preview shenshu?

6. Ivorybane

Ivorybane The King of Potatoes

Rune Storage. Unless I missed it somewhere, are you changing the interface for rune storage and sorting? I did like the old shoebox where I was able to store runes not in use so I could sift through "in use" runes much easier.

DarkJello likes this.
  7. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I'd like to see better search functionality.

like if I search the word "Para" I would get both Paralytic Feedback (because it's in the title) and Bane Blast (because the spell contains the word paralysed)

With checkboxes for selecting if you want to search descriptions or not ofc so it doesn't get messy ^^

8. Stargorger

Stargorger Member

Not to question you...but unless the maps change, there already IS an issue with large champions: IMO it has nothing to do with stats and everything to do with champ size vs map design. Are the maps changing with the revamp? Otherwise...there will of course be the same issues there are now...

9. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Its quite clear....range is better then melee.....and 1x1 is better then 2x2. The only debate that comes into play revolves around kits and synergy which just muddys the waters of the reality. The main difference now being that range is associated with cost while champ size currently is not.

- This now begs the question, why? It's widely agreed that 2x2 is worse...so it is not strange to assume that 2x2 wouldn't get compensated in some form by either lower cost or some "large" benefit like clear or implied reach with 1-2 range but that cant be blanket used due to balance issues of meta 2x2 melee champs which are only meta cuz they are over efficient or obv flying 2x2 champs which bypass drawbacks due to flying being op and under costed

Stargorger likes this.
  10. OSkin

OSkin New Member

I still don't like the nerf philosophy, I'm not a experted player, but I know many abilitys and read some abilitys that I don't know isn't a problem for me. I still prefer the idea of a power up to old runes, and to see that nerf is on stat too makes me see this revamp getting worse

11. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

@Thbigchief "flying being op and under costed"

Interesting. Can I ask how did you came to the conclusion flight is under costed in the current age, when basically we have no idea what's the cost for any ability? After that developer came with his stupid powercreep to the max mentality, I find hard to conclude if a particular ability is OP or not based exclusively on their cost (usually is more about releasing a package of abilities rather than a specific one); and for what I remember, flight on the old system was priced at 12n, placing it among the most expensive abilities on the game. For comparative, upgrading from speed 9 to 11 (roughly from 6 to 7 in the current game) was priced at 9n.

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

While that is true for you, new players may see the large number of abilities as difficult to learn and remember, making it more difficult for them to get up to speed with the game. People only devote a certain amount of time to new games, and if they haven't grasped enough of the game to feel comfortable in that window, they move on to another game. This revamp is to make entry into the game more welcoming for new players, as well as slow the pace of the game. When it was first released, one turn kills were the exception, not the norm. If they wanted to keep all the abilities and still slow the pace of the game, they would have had to redesign all the maps, and still adjust some stats.

13. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Flight has been systematically lowered in price through out the entire games life due to people complaining it was too expensive back when you could see every price of every stat/ability as it didn't " do enough" to justify double digit price tag. Add to it being much cheaper now, AND expanded its tactical effect in terms of map design as well as well an increase in abilities it ignores like negative terrain and the general price dropping of champions+ power creep... yea Flight is most likely way under priced for the amount of battlefield control/mobility it grants in the current environment.

Flight, is very very powerful, and I'm a firm believer that it should be balanced by a price increase, or ideally by making the flying champion unable to ever gain any terrain based bonus since it ignores terrain based negatives while flying.

edit: its original price was closer to 20 nora then 12...maybe after a while of being lowered it was 12 but 12 nora, for the ability to bypass most map choke points and negative terrain is huge. Easily worth 12 nora if not more. Especially while still some how working with all terrain positive effects.

14. OSkin

OSkin New Member

I think a fantasy game can't think only about "balance", if u create a champio with a specific rappresentation an flavor I expect that those champ do what I see and what the mytology say about that creature (Dragon fly, breath fire or other element and are tought for exemple), I'm feared about to this revamp for that too, think only about the balance will make fantastic champ unused beacouse the "balance" make them cost tons of nora or just they don't do what I'm aspect they do..
    About new player: I think that u can reduce the number of ability, but they will still a massive ammount, beacuse the revam is about reduce the number of abilitys on champ not total. So (as my personal opinion) this revamp will not make PoxNora newplayer friendly, just will ruin flavor, aspectative and the "love" for some prefered champs that will beacome useless.

If Owl game whant new players and keep the olders is on the right way, but go in the wrong direction. The revamp will NEVER make this game simpler for a new player, and for an expert player too, beacuse we all know the cyclic 20-30 abilitys that many champion have, we only read the unique abilitys that will be keeped, and are the principal one that make this game varius and funny.

Futhermore u can do a perfect revamp, but without visibility and pubblicity will never come a new wave of players. I don't know the stategy of Owl, but for what I know I can't be optimistic. (and so I don't invest money in a product that I'm no longer believing in)

Want to talk about the set for new players? I started with SoE, so I don't know if is changed and I don't whant go off topic too much, but I hope it was changed and radically beacuse is the very first problem, not the (fuc**ng) abilitys!

I'm sorry for my bad english, I hope u can all understand what I meant
    Thanks

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  15. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Actually that statement leads me to a potentially interesting idea:

What if Large units required 4 chasm spaces to effectively be cliffed?

16. Squama

Squama I need me some PIE!

I'm really curious to see how much Serkan will cost after the revamp... ;)
    I think it could be 216 nora? Or something like that...

17. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

You really think Serkan is that under costed? I've never thought much of him. Solid, yes, but nothing I am worried about when I see it being deployed (unlike, lets say, cyclonic fesh).

18. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I don't think he's OP, but he does have one of the better equips.

19. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I always think "oh Bane Shift, there is the guy I can't kill, that does insane damage, that has great range, that heals itself and has a full faction of creatures fueling his vengeful. This game is not fun anymore."

20. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

great, now I want a Serkan. should only take me a month or so. god this f2p system sucks.