Pox Nora Revamp - Preview 7

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Senshu, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Greetings Everyone,

It is that time again to give a status update of the Revamp and to preview some more of the changes being made.

With the start of Phase 4 we have been doing a lot of behind the scenes stuff with merging the different parts of the revamp together to make sure everything works well together. This also function as a dry run for when we officially release the revamp to make sure there aren't any major problems.

We also have the final version website rune viewer “working.” Everything up till this point that we have shown has been mockups, but now we can show you what the final version looks like. As we proceed with getting the rune preview fully functional there may be some minor changes made, but overall this is what the final version is going to be.

So, lets get started with the preview! What better then to begin with the rune viewer in action and to show off a couple of the Druids.

Note: The nora cost shown for all these champions does not include the Upgrade abilities.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now lets discuss some more of the changes being made.

Back in Preview 3 we talked about some of the changes that were happening to Nohkan Do. Well, things have changed a little more since that preview. Why the change? We have removed the preemptive-attack in exchange for keeping its function more straightforward as a defensive ability. Another reason for the re-redesign is NKD now works as both a melee and ranged defensive ability.

Nohkan Do
    Attacks against this unit automatically miss for 2 ap. This effect does not trigger if this unit is Paralyzed or Stunned.​

This means if the champion who has NKD has 2 ap the attack will miss at the cost of 2 ap. Also, Nohkan Do is now a single ability and will no longer have ranks.

The change to Nohkan Do isn’t everything. We have added a new ability who works really well in conjunction with Nohkan Do. Behold, Counterstrike!

Counterstrike
    When a champion makes an unsuccessful attack against this unit, this unit makes an attack against that unit at +(1/2/3) DMG.​

These two abilities can be seen together on the Nohkan Grandmaser formerly known as the Kas Master (name is still a work in progress).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Note: As you can see by the missing Counterstrike icon we are still in the process of finalizing some of these changes.

Teaser Warning!

Although official work on the next expansion hasn’t started we felt like it would be worth showing the art for one of the champions.

[​IMG]

There were some other champions who were requested to be shown in the preview -- those will have to wait until next time. This one has already become much longer than originally planned. Ah, why not throw on one more.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yes, as you very well can see the Draksar High Marshal is once again Legendary not Limited.

As always, everything in this preview is still subject to change. Hang in there everyone, it will still take time to get through Phase 4, but the end is in sight.

One final note, the older previews will be move into the Announcement section of the forums.

Tweek516, Fikule, Etherielin and 7 others like this.
  2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-

3. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I am very, very confused.

Veryliy muchly so. Ly.

4. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

I love it.
    (release it nooow...)

Does Forest Lerper still cost 90+ nora? Kind of good on a 60 nora champ. It'd be nice to see what he turns into.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  5. Goodkeenan

Goodkeenan The King of Potatoes

Senshu, thankyou for previewing the Marshall and Shifter, I love you x

bClef likes this.
  6. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

No FS preview though

Why the hate, Senshu, why the hate

7. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

Really cool. Good work!

8. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Unnecesary things list:
    • Ranks on counterstrike

9. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Thanks for those SL previews :D!!!!
    Judgement on Marshall YESSSSS :D!!

Are Shifter's dragon forms updated? could you please show those to us?

Since you removed the squared ground under the sprite preview, how do we know if that's a big or small champ?

jenovah2 and Woffleet like this.
  10. GameJack

GameJack The King of Potatoes

Not enough love. Entice with Snaptooth Rider =P

Keep up the good work. The changes may affect current BG n playstyle but its is better if end up with a more balance n fun game.

11. Goodkeenan

Goodkeenan The King of Potatoes

Can't believe he actually previewed 2 Draksar! My nagging paid off!

Kampel and Woffleet like this.
  12. Kampel

I want to add:
    Empathy on draksars makes so much sence! very nice! Thats the type of help their phalanx needed! so excited =P

Does Empathy mean you are removing overspread regen on them? and adding Empathy to "generals" and "commanders"?

13. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

I agree.

Question: will counterstrike triggers count as attacks or basic attacks?

Also, now that we're closing in on the revamp date do you feel comfortable yet giving tentative release date for Ronin or are we still too far out to take a stab at that.

Woffleet likes this.
  14. Ninao

Ninao Member

Nohkan Do
    Attacks against this unit automatically miss for 2 ap. This effect does not trigger if this unit is Paralyzed or Stunned.

This means if the champion who has NKD has 2 ap the attack will miss at the cost of 2 ap. Also, Nohkan Do is now a single ability and will no longer have ranks.

The change to Nohkan Do isn’t everything. We have added a new ability who works really well in conjunction with Nohkan Do. Behold, Counterstrike!

Really, if you want to put all NKD runes on the shoebox is just say that you do not like them, or leave the abilitie the way it is now, or just remove from the game, at least the champions would be cheapper, pay 83 nora on a melee champion with 6 spd 12 dmg and 1 def, and the only defense that it have is leave 2 or 4 ap(remember that the champion need at least 3 ap to attack and 2 to move, so least 1 ap and bam, the abilitie will not work never) on it is ask to never attack, really i would prefer nor running it.

15. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Cloak is such a terrible ability, especially at that price.

Edit: the layout looks great, though.

16. Woffleet

It's actually really powerful. In a defensive battle. Nohkan do is super effective

17. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

holy hell that high marshal looks op

18. Woffleet

everything is being changed

19. Woffleet

its 80 nora!

Xiape likes this.
  20. Kampel