Pox Nora Revamp - Preview 7

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Senshu, Jun 5, 2014.

1. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Lerper
    A person high on crystal meth who will steal something from you and then help you look for it.

Someone scoping out the premises looking for things to cluck (steal)

AKA - Thief
    Bottom of the barrel sucker fish
    "Dont leave that lerper alone with anything of value"

"That guy was lerping around the neighborhood"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Lerper

2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Lerp Derp

3. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

In a previous thread, they explained one of the many goals for the revamp is to unify or stream line the many aspects of the game, so many aspects of the game are more easy understandable. That is, if you see a champion with certain race or class, you should know what to expect, although the specifics are to be found on the abilities. Druid as class is being resurrected, and their defining aspect is their ability (afaik) to shape shift. I don't remember if they have previewed another druid, but that's what I remember.

Is this good or bad champion? I don't know, honestly. But it made sense that a druid have druid like abilities, and stealth pinger doesn't sound very druid like, imo. And, to be honest, I freaking hate ping.

Now, for the record, I'm aware of the huge shift in the meta, and I know the power level is going to be hit with a titanic nerf bat. However, I think a champion with a bad design will be shoebox disregarding the meta. A champion with death nova 4, 36hp and colossal that cost 45n will be shoebox before and after the reboot. And that's what worries me: I have seen champions previewed that seems going straight into the shoebox given an apparently bad design. I will not name them, as I think throwing pessimism will not improve the mood on the forums, and also because I have been wrong plenty of times. Point is, although I think the developers have good ideas, and the right goals, it looks like sometimes the implementation isn't quite good, and I suspect we will have to deal with tons upon tons of threads and posts about champions that got the short end of the stick.

I, for one, will lead the DE Masochist revision threads if she goes live as we saw her on the preview.

4. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I'm so excited for the change. It will mark my official return to the game, since I am not a fan of its current state. Been staying as up to date as I can with these previews and announcements and I look forward to becoming an active player again once this revamp hits!

Woffleet likes this.
  5. PurpleTop

Correct me if I'm wrong someone, but it seems that to take off even the default abilities to theoreticlally lower champion cost, you will at least need to get your champ to level 2. Is this right?

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

No level zero gets you the two default ups. 100 CP let's you pick an upgrade other than default in path 1 and 200 CP let's you pick an upgrade other than the default in path 2... if I'm understanding it correctly.

So while regeneration 1 (default) surely wouldn't be worth 8 nora (for example, not sure of its cost) you might prefer to pick regeneration 2 for 2 more nora or rank 3 for 4 more nora. But you can't look at regeneration 3 and say damn that's not worth 12 nora you just have to decide if the cost difference with the default ability is worth it.

7. PurpleTop

Ok so if a champ at 70 nora before counting upgrades had path one containing regen 1 for 4 nora, regen 2 for 8 nora (and the default) and regen 3 for 12 nora, you could not run it with no upgrades for exactly 70 nora?

(if that makes sense....)

8. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

That is correct, sir. You would end up with the 70 nora champ + the cost of the 2 default upgrades. As you level up, you get more options to choose from, but you always have to run a champ with 2 upgrades.

DarkJello likes this.
  9. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

It's so simple, goddamn you guys for trying to make it confusing.

It has a base cost

You then have to add on the cost of the abilities to the base cost. You must always have 1 ability from each ability set selected.

DarkJello and Shimaru like this.
  10. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Ditto.

I have a harder time understanding how someone can not understand the system, rather than understanding the system itself.

Nemorga and DarkJello like this.
  11. PurpleTop

Cool, that makes sense. thanks

12. PurpleTop

I was just clearing up the one misunderstanding that i had..... I thought maybe there was an option to not take an upgrade but I have learned that there isn't. Now I know, thanks

13. Regulate

Aww don't take it personally PT <3

14. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Ok dial back the interwebs cool guy act a bit and realize: no one is confused but the first time you run across the system you do have to have it explained to you. Not everyone can be bothered to hang around the forums listening to the knob mob drone on endlessly with their assumptions.

And it's much easier to ask how it works than read through all these threads.

15. Regulate

I refuse to dial it back, my coolness shall not be suppressed.

DarkJello likes this.
  16. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Psychoanalysis of that previous post suggests otherwise.

17. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

If a scientist, the following pic would be Reg all the way:

[​IMG]

sassquatch likes this.