Pox Nora Revamp - Preview 8

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Senshu, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Hello Everyone,

This has been a big week for gaming news, and we are happy to add more to the excitement with today’s preview.

First, status update on the Revamp. All of you will be happy to hear we are nearing the end of the revamp. There is still a lot of stuff for us to do, but progress has been steady. Now that all the development content has been merged -- we have been working on verifying the changes made in the revamp work as intended. This this process is slow going but it is proving to be very useful. We have discovered some interesting hidden mechanics along with some abilities who were missing effects or animations. As a result we have been taking care of the ones we’ve found.

Now to the new stuff!

First up, Timothy the Vile. We felt ol Timmy didn’t quite hit the mark regarding his necromancer type abilities especially with Summon Skeleton, so we created a new ability for him called Summon Boghopper Zombie. Why not, there were already boghopper zombies in the game so might as well make full use of them.

Summon Boghopper Zombie has three (3) ranks, costs AP 5, and has a Cooldown 3.

(Rank: 1)
    Summons a boghopper zombie with Leap 2 and Resistance Physical 2 to target, within 2 spaces. Spooky!

(Rank: 2)
    Summons a boghopper zombie with Leap 2 and Resistance Physical 2 to target, within 3 spaces. Spooky!

(Rank: 3)
    Summons a boghopper zombie with Leap 2 and Resistance Physical 2 to target, within 4 spaces. Spooky!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Since we are showing an ability that summons a champion we might as well show that champion. Presenting the Boghopper Zombie!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

While we are talking about champions who summon other champions might as well address a subject of interest to many, Pets. Pets will comprise part of a champion’s nora cost. As you can see the Garu Den Mother’s nora cost can vary depending on it’s upgrade abilities, but it is very easy to have it’s cost be comparable to how it is on the live game.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We can’t have the Mother without the Cub!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lastly, there have been several inquiries about one champion so might as well get the Screaming Leviathan out of the way. As you can see with a nora cost between 63-74 it is still very much a viable champion.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Unlike the previous revamp preview -- the nora cost in the image of the runes includes the added costs of the upgrades, so you will need to subtract the default upgrade cost when figuring the other upgrades. To reiterate all champions will have to have one upgrade from each set. You can not opt out of having an upgrade.

We are still unable to give an exact date of when the revamp will be released due to the always unforeseeable delays, but it is definitely close. All of information in this or previous previews are still subject to change either before or after the revamp is released.

P.S. This preview was running a bit long so we had to cut some things, but there is still another day left in this week <WINK>.

Tweek516, LordRahan, Fikule and 7 others like this.
  2. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Once again I will submit the idea of just having +/- values on the different abilities to make it easier to read at a glance.

So right now we have:
    Sonic Aura 1 (Nora cost 4)
    Sonic Aura 2 (Nora cost 6) (DEFAULT)
    Sonic Aura 3 (Nora cost 9)

Change to:
    Sonic Aura 1 (-2 nora)
    Sonic Aura 2 (+0 nora) (DEFAULT)
    Sonic Aura 3 (+3 nora)

iPox and Rokkushun like this.
  3. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I like that a lot, but I don't think they would be able to change it this late in the revamp. That could be a future UI update though. I would even make it so it didn't show default in the rune manager, but instead showed current. In the example below, Sonic Aura 3 had been selected out of the available options. I realize in the Rune Checklist the default would need to be shown.

Change to:
    Sonic Aura 1 (-5 nora)
    Sonic Aura 2 (-3 nora)
    Sonic Aura 3 (Current)

5. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Why not both?
    Change to:
    Sonic Aura 1: 4n (-5 nora)
    Sonic Aura 2: 6n (-3 nora)
    Sonic Aura 3: 9n (Current)

Maybe some formatting would be required, but I hope you get the idea.

iPox and SPiEkY like this.
  6. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Still giant hunks of meat for free with the garu mom? ... Dammit guys.

7. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

Significantly less hp.

8. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

How this information is displayed on the actual rune manager may be a little different ;)

Etherielin, SaintKiwi and Woffleet like this.
  9. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

Timmy currently gains summon Boghopper Zombie by equipping Darkmarsh Blackstaff. (there are more of these equipment/hero combinations)

Joker and super71 like this.
  10. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Ok, so timmy's equip does what now? Or did you not realise his equip grants summon boghopper zombie...

Joker and super71 like this.
  11. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

7 Range on Timmy and 4 on Levia? Err, does that mean they have 7-7 and 4-4 ranges respectively or is that a typo?

12. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

One question will pets still be able to place relic's?

13. Muddled

Muddled Member

uhm, did yall forget summon boghopper zombie is what blackstaff did for him?

edit: a bit late to the party

14. Joker

Joker I need me some PIE!

The nora cost displayed is without the upgrades or with them? On that i'm kinda confused.

15. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Update 7 was without them. This update is with them.

16. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Why is rank 1 of sonic aura 4 nora while rank 2 is 6 nora and rank 3 is 9. It certainly seems like rank 1 should be 3 nora.

Also why on earth is resist phys 1,2,3 only 4,5,6 nora. That is so mind bogglingly undercosted on the whole and on the increases in ranks.

I still have an issue with zombie plague existing on a range 7 champ especially costing it the same as on a melee champ. But I guess we'll see on that.

Razzoriel likes this.
  17. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I had an issue to with the range until i realized his minimum and maximum ranged is 7 which makes melee champions much more of a threat to this ranged beast than before.

18. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Boghopper zombie looks OP, which pack should I buy to get one? extended? not sure.

Also, that HP/nora ratios are crazy.

Razzoriel likes this.
  19. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

I do not think that is correct.

No where is visible his minimum range, so unless a developer confirmed his max and min range is 7, is safer to assume it will have a 5-7 or 4-7 or something.

20. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Zombie was a bonus from winning drafts one exp. So he's LE.