Pox Nora Revamp - Preview 8

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Senshu, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Also, let's see a Titan today!

2. Joker

Joker I need me some PIE!

I think he is fair now. He was way too overpower because of both pawn and bodyguard from his minions, he was undying. If you compare to the other runes previewed, he is still powerful compared to them.

3. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

its not - i used CTRL +C/V from pox base and it made it bold i never even realized that

and ye just reazlied that i was mentioned already.

My bad, u won

4. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

I agree that the mandatory 3 options per upgrade slot is restricting design and leading to sloppy/pointless filler - clutter - and the proliferation of abilities (or at least ability ranks) - needless complexity.

5. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

To be fair, we can already make a good idea of how the new balance will be based on the amount of previews we had, and I agree that garu den mother will be good.

6. cf66

cf66 Member

What about the ability to opt out of an ability upgrade to save nora?

7. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I agree with this. There had definitely been enough previewed to get a sense of the impending balance shift with the revamp to get a feel for what's good (silverclan tinkineer) and what's bad (skeez blackguard).

GabrielQ likes this.
  8. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

That is not an option, currently. So often players would opt out of upgrades to make a champion as cheap as possible. The way it is now, cheap upgrades will probably be favored but you still have to make a choice.

9. cf66

cf66 Member

I know but just think why does the last two abilities put its cost up to par

10. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

I see your point Timmy is like a Serkan that impossible to kill guy who sits in the back sniping your troops and everytime you think you are about to kill him he escapes. I wouldn't go as far as to call Timmy op though.. Just period they could have done a better job with boghopper zombie that's just useless you might as well have a skeleton with block rank 1 lol.

11. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

someone other than me should make a thread listing all the preview champs with their upgrade options, and then ask players to go on the record and predict if the champ is shoebox or runnable and what the preferred upgrade choices will be.
    Is the same true for swarms? Need to be wary of champs that can swarm new champs that also have swarm.

12. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Negative abilities on ups to reduce cost would be cool.

newsbuff likes this.
  13. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

That already exists, iirc. Is on the firemaw preview, with vulnerability frost as upgrade, which can be swapped for tunnel lava (lol), and while the greens didn't confirmed or denied it, people were speculating the cost would increase by the negative ability modifier, plus the cost of the upgrade itself. Which, in firemaw case, would be a whopping +17n, iirc. For tunnel lava 3.

L.O.L.

14. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

This is a case by case basis so I can't give an overarching Yes or No to all. In most cases there will be some sort of added cost or mechanic to balance these.

Also, remember the revamp isn't the end of the changes. The revamp is just the beginning, and it resets the slate so we have a good place to move forward from.

15. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Just curious, is Summon Skeleton till a generic skeleton or is it a real champion now? (like the Boneguard Infantry)

Because the nondescript skellington is kinda boring :p

16. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

you might want to just put that in your sig.

DarkJello likes this.
  17. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

No, Minus 1 fictional forum point.

Paper Skull and cf66 like this.
  18. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Boring =/= in need of a buff. That was the nonsense st spouted for the longest time with all of their releases. And look where they are. We don't need to make stuff op just because it is arbitrarily deemed "boring."

19. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Ragic is right and Senshu is wrong, when it comes to the suggested sig. Peeps be dense, and need lots of reminders.

+1 (virtual pacific northwest) points to Ragic.

Oldmaster likes this.
  20. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

You're assuming the Boneguard Infantry would stay the same.