Pox Nora Revamp - Preview 9

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Senshu, Jun 13, 2014.

1. iodomy

iodomy Member

Awesome, thanks!

2. Tarathil

Tarathil Devotee of the Blood Owl

Gonna miss Cast : Cauterize on Spellkaiser. My favorite thing about him :D Next preview vote - Leech Vitality? * hopefully a butchering* :D Also, Angel preview? :D <3

3. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I don't say this a lot, because complaining is such fun, but wanted to mention that the work you guys are putting into this is much appreciated.

So take all our criticism with a pinch of salt. We whine because we love the game, even when we like the general direction ^^

Razzoriel and Rokkushun like this.
  4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

What is up with those zero nora cost abilities? Probably just a mistake, right?
    Also, good bye FnF, you were awesome.

Woffleet likes this.
  5. Oldmaster

Oldmaster I need me some PIE!

I'm goin to go ahead and assume that two previews in one week means the revamp is very close. Just when I got the wiiu fixed, too.

6. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

I think those abilities should be seen as costed proportional to the other abilities within the upgrade path, nothing more. Still odd though not to have the lowest ability at 0 and then adjust champion base cost, maybe negative abilities could be listed as -cost though. Seeing useful abilities as begin a cost reduction is just odd

7. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

is rng on yet ambush 2-2 or 1-2?

8. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

LIKE THIS S*******T
    why? cause hes GOT DA MAGIC STICK!

9. cf66

cf66 Member

I understand to have the nora cost differences on the champ instead of the total costs, for user friendly reasons.

But we need some sort of archive of all the abilities costs then, for the players.

10. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

I really wish one with nora only stayed on Geekal thanks to that goblin he is getting hit hard.

11. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

This time around, the nora costs in the runes are the real nora costs, with the default upgrades already included, so you get relative costs in the GUI, so abilities with the same cost as the default abilities are listed as +0.

And about tortuns, please don't. Check this thread for an actual racial revamp that keeps them as a theme:
    http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/tortun-revamp-proposition.75/#post-42734
    feedback welcome.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  12. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Close call. Any longer and you might have actually sunk so low as to turn it on.

Oldmaster likes this.
  13. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

There is still some final cleanup work that needs to be done. In the case of the Yetis the addition of Arctic to their racial was done after the initial design pass. This is why this final phase is for testing to help clean things up.

14. devrn

devrn I need me some PIE!

I believe he said in the earlier previews that all those heroes are getting changed(from that expansion).

15. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Can I just say that the rune back looks particularly jawsome!
    Especially the split runes.

So good I'd like to advocate more FF runes get the split rune treatment!

Woffleet likes this.
  16. mortemdeus

mortemdeus Member

Alright, I know I probably missed the answer somplace or it is really obvious but I have to ask...is the star in the upper right the rune level? Is that only on the back of the card?

17. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Flavorful and has counterplay. Great design.

I despise having to activate tortuns trade. It must be reverted back to the old way that auto triggers in range.

Woffleet likes this.
  18. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Yetis racial is boring.

Faust likes this.
  19. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Sheoul Disciple looks much more powerful than the previewed Draksar High Marshal, assuming I am reading the costs correctly. Anyone else have an opinion on this comparison?

Faust likes this.
  20. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I agree
    emphathy is sandbag at first glance, but biggest cost factor would be dictate it seems.
    Also, not sure how should disciple's rapture be costed (considering only the discount) as 0? as +5 so she's overcosted if there is no maxx? or +10, considering it just a trick to get her related to maxxarex almost exclusively?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014