Pox Nora Revamp - Preview 9

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Senshu, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

Hey Senshu, guess who's really excited about the revamp.

Guess who's leaving for the next 6 weeks tomorrow and won't be able to play.

:|

Tarathil and Woffleet like this.
  2. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

My main concern here is mangle shell has 6 range and i don't see a minimum so i am just curious as i saw this on other champions is this the new pox? Champ's with long range have no low minimum's allowing melee champ's to be viable again?

3. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

I would really prefere for range to be put like 1-3, 2-4, 3-6 in the card so you immediatly can see their entire range. It will far more intuitive for new and old players alike

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
    mahesar, Goyo, Joker and 4 others like this.
  4. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

I agree with her.

Nice preview, can't wait the ravamp to see all the runez!

5. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I have to disagree with the assessment of the owls here concerning tortuns and tortun's trade. I always felt that tortun trade, at least before all the nerfs and changes to it, was largely what defined the tortun playstyle, not the fact that they all had turtle.

Oh well I guess, just a shame to see the primary tortun racial get cast aside.

mahesar, dsjtheman, Goyo and 3 others like this.
  6. Terraforma

Terraforma New Member

This might have been asked already, but is there any option to select none of the upgrade options and have a lower nora cost to reflect this, for cases where none of the upgrades would be useful to a particular BG, or you specifically want a lower nora cost champ? Or will it be a case of you must pick one of the three?

7. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

No, yes.

8. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

Honestly, the revamp just shows me that the devs aren't good at the game. Why don't you try to understand the game completely and then revamp it? I mean you can't just do this with intuition. You have to go deep. Also upgrade nora values for some abilities just shows that the devs have no idea how powerful one thing is compared to the other. Obvious synergies also fly right over their heads. I'll see how the revamp suits me. It might not be as bad as it looks but I hope you guys have an easy way to reverse everything if you lose to much of your player base. But I think that won't be a problem since 90% of the player base is also pretty clueless.

9. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

They're cognizant of the synergies they just don't think that they should factor into the nora cost. It's quite amazing how you can antagonize every single person who would possibly read this post in 2 sentences. I find it very unlikely that PoxNora will hemorrhage all of its players in short order because of some imbalance, have you been watching for that last year and a half? Remember, it's been said (time and time again) all of the rebalancing is subject to more rebalancing. The core (initial) objective of the revamp is relay the foundation.

Xirone and Paper Skull like this.
  10. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

Your post is borderline insulting to the people who saved pox from oblivion and have been working hard to push this revamp out. Next time think before you type.
    I doubt there is a player here expecting a polished and balanced revamp out of the box. The revamp may even be a step back for awhile but the the owls are putting the core in place to make it easier to fine tune in the future. The majority of this testing will be up to us, the player base.
    Less than 10% of the rune pool is being used by the players atm out of 1000's. I'm hoping we see some variety post revamp.

Goyo, davre, Woffleet and 1 other person like this.
  11. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Let me see...
    New member with 3 messages and pokemon avatar that got people mad with a single misinformed, biased post?

[​IMG]

12. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Scarebear I agree with your sentiment but this is the most diverse the game's been. Yes, goodstuff meta decks are stale and defined by a pool of around 30 runes/faction, but thematic and gimmick decks can compete against them, and there are a lot of varieties available. Looking at the rune manager, I'm seeing at least 3/12 champions per tab as competitively playable, sometimes as much as 6 or 7/12.

The problem with this game as I understand it has been too much complexity, which has been blamed for making the game inaccessible. Part of that problem is individual champ abilities (although as you can see with Maxx, there are limits to how much it can be reduced while keeping the concept of some of these champs intact) but a lot of it is the variety, and that a player has to have a good handle on about 500 champs if they want to not be constantly making mistakes. It's impossible to gauge how things are going to work out in the revamp (except that the game will likely play a lot slower) but I wouldn't expect any more diversity than there is now, at least not until a couple of expansions and balance patches have happened.

Regulate likes this.
  13. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

i always wondered what the point of kaizer having defiled corpse and what does it actually do
    does it restrict killing rune like merciful and if it is what is the point of in giving to kaiser which hasn't got a single attack ability?
    also does kaizer loose teleport and one with nora and hex 2 cause it not there on upgrade I'm guessing those are in base?

14. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

You're right actually, without a basic attack Defile Corpse is pretty useless on the Kaiser unless it has been changed.

@Senshu
    Any comment? ^^

15. chickenpox2

is it suppose to activate only on basic attack ?, if not i think if it can activate on hex but then still it be weird...

16. Fikule

Defile Corpse
    When this champion destroys another champion with its basic attack, on-death effects do not trigger.

17. chickenpox2

Thanks Brah lets wait and see what shenshu says

18. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

It would be more interesting to have hex -> flamethrower and magical bomb -> cast: cauterize, given that it's a legendary, it can afford to have a bit more interesting upgrae paths.

19. Fikule

They are removing all Cast: abilities. That isn't going to be anywhere.

20. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

So are you guys denying the fact that the devs are revamping mainly with their gut feeling rather then making a proper in depth analysis of the game? " The revamp may even be a step back for awhile but the the owls are putting the core in place to make it easier to fine tune in the future. The majority of this testing will be up to us, the player base." I will be testing it obviously. And it might be step back that's why they should consider being able to reverse everything and maybe tweek it some more in the dark.

And how could it be that none of you seem to agree with the devs cluelessness? Is because most of you are clueless. I don't mind the balancing issues that might occur. I mind the fact that the devs do not realize what makes the champ the champ it is. They can simplify champs and nerf them, but they should not remove the very core principal of so many champs. Some of these revamp previews look like they didn't even research the champs at all. For example Timy. Now this champ still has its core principal, but it is bloody obvious that they didn't look into the champ given his new ability (summon boghopper zombie). Things like this make me worry about the eventual outcome of the revamp.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
    Pedeguerra and Razzoriel like this.