Pox Nora Revamp - Preview 9

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Senshu, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Truth, Cast:Despoil is another one but idk I might be stupid, aoe shielded might be real stronk.

2. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

what i meant is that people who use champions with cast spell: despoil are less likely to use that particular spell
    now it gone more people will add the spell
    I agree with banshee
    we should make a list of what cast abilties should stay like
    Bloodbinders - cast dead voodoo
    warwizard- cast alacrity
    cast- antimagic field
    cast - light as feather
    cast catarized- though it can be replaced by fester

i think all thse can remain cause they are not that op (not sure about light as feather it quite effective in tree bgs)

3. chickenpox2

we should make all those spells spellsurge?

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Cast abilities and the actual spells are completely different, in the same way that the deploy abilties are too. A cast ability requires AP, both to cast and to position the champion, and so do the traps deployed, a rock trap from shallaxy it's worth a lot less than one that you play from the runedock (for naming two runes that are actually run together in meta) and that's because flexibility, the cast: firestorm example, how different it would be a cast: firestorm unit from a skywing imperator? yet people don't stop running acid storm or burning sands because they have imperator and/or sand spray.

Now, cast despoil is extremely powerful, a single caster can cover a whole formation, and keep it covered, while recovering globes too, that's kind of abusive of the concept, and uneeded too, given that there is a spell that is a weaker version of despoil, more suited to use as a cast ability, that is drain the earth.

5. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

It also bothers me that the upgrade slot for so many runes are simply ranks of an ability.

This is hardly giving any meaningful choice as to how the runes are run.

Spellkaiser especially could have easily been given a range of ability choices but instead you have no choice at all really.

newsbuff, narvoxx and DarkJello like this.
  6. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

I would advise you to read my post again.

7. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Why? You were saying that the devs and us players were clueless and that the devs were revamping from "gut" but didn't provide any detail or justification. Why should I come to any other conclusion. The approach to balance in the revamp is far more systematic than before, sure it'll be unbalanced to start with but that's to be expected.

8. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I love the spellsurge route honestly.

9. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Remind becasue i suffer from Alzheimers. What is Spellsurge?

10. chickenpox2

when you deploy champion with spellsurge the spell get revealed it like atromancy for equip ans spell

11. BansheeX

Ahh, thank you

12. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

and the "cost 10 nora less" and "this champion heals 8 when it's cast"

13. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

You should re-read my post because you didn't read it. I state in my post that I think that Timmy has kept his core principals. Yet you claim I didn't. Also I said that balance isn't the issue. Not for me at least. Looks like you also half-ass read Bane Shift and then decide to act, just like the devs.

14. Ninao

Ninao Member

Tks God cauterize is off of the Kaiser.....
    Senshu, would be nice take of the defiled for the rest of the game, i dont know maybe for 10 turns(is enough), would be ok, but for the rest of the game is too much

Another thing.... About the Cast Abilities, if they remaining, shielded champions should be "impenetrable" from this kind of abilitie.

15. chickenpox2

i disagree it already hard to kill shielded runes when only AOE spells can be used to kill them

With impenetrable it make it even harder to kill it be a little too much like a lot of deck rely on abilities and with the revamp Nerfs champions will be even more reliant on abilities especially if they got low damage
    Hell impenetrable will be one freken OP ability
    I hope DOG make sure people don't over abuse it

Ninao likes this.
  16. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

We are looking into Defile Corpse's functionality all together to determine if it needs to be altered or not.

17. Senshu

Well, think of it like this. There will most likely be a lot of tweaking required after the release of the Revamp, so by the time you get back the game will be in even better shape than it would have been right at the release of the revamp.

Paper Skull and Tarathil like this.
  18. Senshu

The tuning all depends on how busy we are with working on the next Pox Nora project.

We really can't comment on the equipment, spells, and relics at the moment. We have some adjustments in the works for individual runes, but in terms of a revamp type of pass that has yet to be set. Now only if I could find my crystal ball to predict the future ;)

19. Ninao

Ninao Member

I think you just dont get something, i mean impenetrable just for "cast" abilities that are direct target, like "cast: cauterize" shielded champions should not be target of this abilitie since the champion are casting a spell.....

20. BansheeX

Magic 8-Ball says: Perhaps.

Senshu likes this.