Pox Nora Revamp - Preview 9

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Senshu, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

I'd like to take this opportunity to ask for the umpteenth time: "How is wish being changed?"

2. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

It now does nothing. Same as real wishing. Finally, some realism!

Mang, that's depressing.

DarkJello likes this.
  3. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

That is still a work in progress.

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

There are few interesting things when it comes to Cast: X.

First, as you said, it offered an opportunity to bring back effects from spells that basically no one used.
    Second, while they are named as such, they are generally more restricted than their spell counterparts.
    Third, they are also telegraphed to your opponent.

~

Regardless of all that, in retrospect, they could have been given their own unique names and we wouldn't be having this conversation. They are just abilities with effects that happen to be similar to those already on spells that are typically underutilized.

5. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

I would love to see Leoss changes. Racial, Mosharn, Hraken, Bluefist, Redfist, Paragon, Border Patrol, Guardian, etc. How will they change as a whole? This may have been answered somewhat and I may have missed it, or even forgot it (most likely). Will they still have the same shortcomings as before, or will they be more balanced? The release of Magnate helped the group quite a bit, will the changes to Magnate hurt the team or will there be changes to others to make up for it?

6. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Yeah, the cast abilities seem like a set that could have been evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Substantial effects like alacrity and repurpose are hard to argue for, but others, like blood of the dragon and light as a feather are pretty innocuous. It seems strange to nullify the work that's been put into those abilities when there are precedents like consecration.

7. exiledtyrant

exiledtyrant Active Member

What's happening to oddball FW runes like Undead Draksar, Arctic beast, Undead Yeti, and the entire Hoarfrost line? There are some weird things floating around the FW champ pool that seem like ideas that were never followed up on.

8. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

A good example of this is Brambles (KF Spell) and Binding Chains (Ability). They are not identical, but they both are AoE ensnares that deal 8 physical damage. If Binding Chains were names Cast: Brambles, people probably would have complained more, I do believe.

Woffleet likes this.
  9. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

It seems appropriate to an extent to have a cast ability on a champ for another factions spell. As in veilwalker with cast despoil. Balance aside the rune is thematic and opens up mechanics not available to that faction. Specifically with despoil for this example since its a fw spell it shouldn't be on a fw champ like with repurpose wasn't a good idea for high Warlock. I do think their CD 's are too short though. They should have the same CD as the actual spell I'd think.

Tarathil likes this.
  10. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Also, despoil is too good on a champ ... It is almost runnable as a spell, on a champ its nuts.

11. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

I basically agree.... but my point wasn't so much about individual balance more about who should be allowed what cast abilities.

12. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

ambush is a great ability. I'm glad it was added.

13. mahesar

mahesar The King of Potatoes

Butchering of Tortun's Trade makes me sad. I can only hope that the Owls give GabrielQ's Tortun proposals another read and some consideration before everything is finalized.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
    Boozha, Gelid and Tarathil like this.
  14. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

No one has complained about anything in this post since yesterday.

We need a new preview!

DarkJello and Woffleet like this.
  15. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

How are "Train:" abilities going to affect the cost?
    I mean there is a cost for having the ability and another each time you use it. It can't cost 0 nora to have the possibility to use it so the nora you pay to train another champ would not justify having it for free on a champ (at least not anymore after this revamp)

16. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

Artic counts as 1 0f 5 ability gz i quit
    pm me for runes

17. Yelmo

Yelmo Devotee of the Blood Owl

I just wanted to say that I heard there was going to be a revamp, and this got me really excited! I stopped playing pox for a while because I didn't like the direction it was headed for so long, but now I have reason to start up again! XD