PoxBase.com

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by newsbuff, Jun 30, 2014.

1. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

you can't transmit via HTTPS? I use cURL to do so in Mass Shard, which is a free tool you can integrate into websites or desktop apps. Why not use cURL? it's super easy to implement.

2. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

I can HTTPS from my web server to Pox, I meant having PoxBase on HTTPS itself, need a certificate for the domain and all that crap.

3. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

Is there a way that you can get nora costs of abilities in there as well? :)

4. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

We'd have to either be given that information or really look at the information given to us a bit more to be able to glean that.

5. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

I'm waiting for the new patch which ought to bring some improvements to the API, ability cost included. If it's not there, then I'll head on with plan B and build in html scraper into my parser to get that information out, but I really doubt that will be necessary at this point. Owls have been extremely helpful and responsive with the feed API thus far, I really can't praise enough the communication they enabled with 3rd party devs.

gillo likes this.
  6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

What about popups on the ability index to read the descriptions of the abilities withot having to click?
    Is there a possibility to implement multi parameter filtering (like champions with race x and class y and ability z)?
    With the new keywording system the owls are implementing (like in dots where the condition pops up on a secondary window), will you be able to implement keyword search/filtering? (this is the heartstone system)

this may sound like that I'm complaining, but my intention is to give feedback.

7. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

Tooltip for abilities on the ability list and abilities mentioned in tooltips of other abilities is definitely a go and is on my todo list for the very near future. Handling conditions in the same fashion is definitely doable, however for that to work I'd need a list of conditions from somewhere *cough*api*cough*.

Advanced search would be nice, but isn't on my roadmap right now, the next big feature I want to roll out is auto-generating patch notes with an option to see subsequent changes made to a single rune over the course of time, so that you can come on forums and say "I remember when Yeti Spirit had Ghost, again!"

I like all feedback, it's rare for me to have such direct contact with broad audience of an interface I made, especially with an audience that's nerdy enough to actually know what they want. While this is a hobby, it's also a very good case study for my professional career.

Edit: links to other abilities in descriptions done, gonna do tooltips when I wake up.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
    Etherielin and GabrielQ like this.
  8. dbouya

dbouya I need me some PIE!

thanks for all the hard work. i've always loved poxbase. hopefully the devs pass out the meta reports for you again in the near future too.

9. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

I can do similar things with Conditions. Conditions are not listed by the API atm, I looked at the source of the website and potentially I might be able to sniff them from there, will see.

10. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

Thank you for your hard work!!!

11. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

thx a lot
    on your great work

12. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Nea, I love you. You're a boon to this game. <3

13. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Nea added nora cost for the abilities, go and rage!

14. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

And just added in correctly selected default abilities on champions. Champion page only shows +/- costs on upgrades the way the game does, going to individual ability page will show absolute cost of said ability.

Did I mention how awesome @Cortices is?

Going to make it possible to select different upgrades and see the cost change without doing mental math, but right now I really need to get some sleep.

15. Nemorga

Nemorga I need me some PIE!

Awesome work! Thanks!!

16. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

The latest updated might make you Awestruck...

Gorebucket likes this.
  17. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Awesome indeed! :D

18. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

what are the chances of them adding a link to poxbase on the client?

19. CravenLestat

CravenLestat Active Member

Your site is really good Nea:rolleyes:

20. Pheezy

Pheezy The King of Potatoes

Hey Nea,

Thank you for fixing the abilities set. I just checked and its working fine and also the "sort by" system. Its very handy. Your hard work is appreciated.

Cheers