PoxBase.com

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by newsbuff, Jun 30, 2014.

1. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Nea, could you take in your sing the link to poxbase?

2. Pathfnder

Pathfnder Devotee of the Blood Owl

Any chance to allow searches of the text within descriptions?

For example, I want to search for an ability that reduces cooldown and thus would search "cooldown" and find the ability "Recharge: Spend 2 charges. The current cooldowns of the champion's abilities are reduced by 1." along with any others that have the text "cooldown" somewhere.

Etherielin, GabrielQ and Goyo like this.
  3. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

We need to keep giving @Nea money. The work he is doing is phenomenal and fast. I wish he was on the dev team working directly on poxnora.com (I suspect he would scrap the whole thing and just build something way better...in 2 days :p). I think everyone would agree that we'd be in better shape if poxnora.com was as elegant, functional, and intuitive as poxbase.com.

Pattn199, Gnomes, JellyBerry and 4 others like this.
  4. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

Well that's a simple request :D

That's pretty much asking for advanced search, which is something I'll only start thinking about when I'm done with auto patch notes. Do note however that a lot of abilities don't have the conditions or mechanics (things like cleanse or terrain changes) converted to the new tooltip system by Owls. As they continue to spread that, a lot of the actual important keywords there will become available through quick search.

I don't think my ego can get any more inflated at this point :V.

Pattn199, Gnomes, JellyBerry and 3 others like this.
  5. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Honestly, your solutions are elegant as hell and come online at baffling speed. The owls need more you ...

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I think the owls are still focusing on balancing champs and fixing in game bugs. Hopefully once that has calmed down, they can give us something close to the experience that @Nea has been able to provide.

7. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

I'd think so myself. I'm in a much more comfortable position since I don't have to deal with legacy code (Pox has been around for quite a while now and switched hands in that time, so legacy code is pretty much guaranteed at this point) and I don't have to deal with lots of dynamic data they have (aside from just loading the runes - loading and searching through all the individual runes a player owns and so on), but with those limitations in mind they have already done wonders to speed up the website, it can only get better.

8. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Out of curiosity, is it possible to get the deck limit stat for runes on PoxBase (or maybe I'm just missing them). Went to build a Kanen BG earlier today and the workbench definitely has the logic for the deck limitations but I didn't see that stat anywhere on the rune info page.

9. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

They are there, just flip the rune, it's on the back

10. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

How likely/possible is it that you would implement some way to just search for keywords that might be in an ability description?

11. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

http://www.poxbase.com/effects

I understand that the amount and extension of the keywords is up to DOG.

12. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

HAY BOO WEN WE GON GIT 2GETHA

13. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

$420.69

14. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

50 beers

15. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

You, sir, are mental. I'll do it today first thing after work (ETA 9h 30min).

16. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

My savior

17. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

... Why do I get the impression that a decent amount of cash just changed hands?

18. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

And you remember all of them but forget to put your milk back in the fridge.

Pattn199 and Gnomes like this.
  19. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I also remember it fase is ugly.

20. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

No automatic patch notes again, but stuff should be up to date, let me know if anything is terribly broken.