PoxBox discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kalasle, Nov 12, 2014.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Could you elaborate on that last sentence?

BurnPyro likes this.
  2. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Sure cause 600k for Lim korona is underpriced ..
    I wish we could go back when prices were actually worthwhile

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

chickenpox2 likes this.
  4. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Honestly, people can hate on Decondor all the way, but #1: If PB didn't exist another guy would make a trading site; #2: Trading from PB is far better than trading from players, for the same reason that he has to keep his prices high; #3: he has to keep his prices high because runer offer is low, since many are with players who only trade for big profit/sell runes, or just collect to brag about having 10 of each LE.

If he lowers rune prices/makes all his runes available who do you think that will be the first people to get all his runes? It's a stupid contradiction, just as an example: in the Mika "event", some people bragged about having "taken advantage" over Decondor's price policy/rune keeping. But notice: where are those Mikas now? Too few players have too many runes(the number of people dedicating themselves only to sell/trade runes in game isn't small), and only Olaf is willing to trade them fairly. Yes I said fairly, because unless you're sharking someone you won't get a value lower than PB's.

At this moment, trading with Decondor is what makes Poxnora have something resembling commerce. Unless the greens do something on Pox's side, there's no way to deny we need an offsite trader.

5. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Fixed that for you.

BurnPyro likes this.
  6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You keep using the word "decondor".

I don't think you know what it means.

7. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I think the sad part is that we can only follow decondors pricing of what he "predicts" that the price of runes are.
    Hell,he could just manipulate the price of Legs champs to 1M and we won't hear anyone say "Hey this price is complete bullshit lets just ignore decondor's pricing and just give a reasonable price range to our fellow players". Only reason nobody cares about this is because increase in price made players are more selfish and only look for for profit.
    In the end the only people who actually gain are player who hoard or got the runes when prices were actually F****ing stable.
    So my question who benefits Decondor or the players?

8. decondor

decondor I need me some PIE!

Very simple, if the average price of runes in my shop are cheaper than when you buy a pack then people will buy at my site, other wise it would be smarter to buy from DoG.

If I ask for a rune 100$ Big chance just a few will buy it and more people are likely to buy from DoG. Hence if my prices are high it is better for DoG.

IF I was the monopoly on I could make that move, actually make the runes way more expensive and I did that once, but what I just saw happening is that the players that do spend money on poxbox went straight to poxbrothers and I had quite some time 0 income, so I changed my prices back because well.... giving all my sales to poxbrothers wasn't the plan, unfortunate I could not see what the effect was on actual sales for DoG.

Increasing my prices in $$ would benefit DoG greatly if poxbrothers just did the same. I preferred the time I could sell that 150k for 75-100$ once in a while above the now where I must pay my site from mostly micro transactions.

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Wow.

"The higher my price the more chance people buy random packs from Pox". Slow clap. That's the dumbest thing I have heard in a long time.

Sirius likes this.
  10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I bought a website. It's like I bought a zoo, but the animals won.

11. Vote Kanye 2020

I wanted to express my laughter, do I need to make a separate thread for that or will that get deleted also?

thetylerlee and BurnPyro like this.
  12. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

Here you go, a seperate thread for your seperate conversation.

13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

That's one theory - it would be better if it had support.

Here's another: a single rune store and a pack store provide similar but fundamentally different services - they are not true substitutes. Therefore, increasing your prices does not benefit Pox in proportion to the price increase.

"I am helping the community by providing a nefarious or inferior service to my competitors and therefore driving commerce their way" is not a benevolent, or even a comprehensible, argument for how to run a business.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
    Sirius, BurnPyro and chickenpox2 like this.
  14. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- So did we just discover "people will buy whatever is cheapest at the time"? ... mind=blown

p.s. It's an old business model tbh. You manipulate your prices to force out competition then ...creep your prices back up.

15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Well now we need to separate your post into a new thread, Chief, because it has words about buying stuff and is better served in a thread about economics.

On the other hand, if you want to be a fanboi, you can moderate yourself into a new thread.

SPiEkY likes this.
  16. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

The real issue seems to be that Poxnora itself has not provided no reliable way to get specific runes a player desires so Poxbox came in and became the superstore of Poxnora runes. Poxbox sets the prices for ALL offsite cash transactions and actually helps create a small pocket competition for himself through PoxBrothers (all prices cheaper but much smaller selection), Ebay (most prices cheaper), and all the player traders who generally start off by saying their prices are xx% cheaper than Poxbox. I know this because these are all the sources I used to make my collection. In this sense Poxbox helps the offsite pox community but not Poxnora itself.

As far as helping out Poxnora due to the price structure at Poxbox, I am sure it helps a small amount but nothing worthwhile since many willing to pay cash for a certain rune will just use one of the previously mentioned methods. Poxnora itself is hurting itself by not providing more options for the paying player. No one wants to see Poxnora become some pay to win type of game but as it stands now, they offer some really solid options to free players. I can only think that due to fear of a bad image that they do not offer more options to paying players. Here is my solution:

- Make shards purchasable (it is not adding another type of currency if we already have it) and add legendaries to the rune forge. This basically = a single rune store and now Poxnora would control the price structure of all runes except limited editions.

- Make faction specific packs/boxes with a chance at a legendary from that faction. Have it cost the same as an extended pack but do not limit its expansion draw. Have it able to draw from the oldest to the newest expansion.

Just my ideas from my perspective.

17. Pheezy

Pheezy The King of Potatoes

I actually don't have much to say on the intended discussion of this thread but few questions. @decondor can you please explain why some prices are just absurd? I am looking at boneshredder (a rare quality) IN value at 19.8k and a queen anaru (legendary) worth 25k? Doesn't seem very fair for someone wanting to trade a legendary in and not really getting much out of it. You could argue that pricing is based on popularity of the rune but I just think this shouldn't be the case as its hard enough to obtain legendaries from packs.

Also on to my next point, for the out of stocked runes, is there anything that can be done from your end?

Cheers

18. Vote Kanye 2020

He could stop hoarding them and sending them to his cash store, which according to him if for the good of the game. But what do I know, better off he gets runes in his cash store than putting those runes in circulation for the general public.

19. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

There is also the issue of trade sharks hoarding valuable runes to rise the value, which makes it harder for the general population to get them.

Agirgis1 likes this.
  20. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I thought you would know what I meant. But I'll be be nice and explain: I'm not defending anyone here. All right, Decondor is a predator and makes huge parties with the money he makes from PB, he should be gone forever.

But then, what happens to pox? Unless you're naive enough to believe a saint will descend from the heavens and make a trading offsite with no intention of making profit. He did and said dubious stuff and I agree, but we don't have an option right now; at this moment he is a necessary evil that we as players cannot remove.

He controls the rune prices, because we need some entity to control them. If it's not him, it'll be someone else who will end up doing the same as he does. Maybe you should get a friend to do it and get yourself some profit too, then I'm sure you're gonna love trading in Pox.

EDIT: I won't even look at the above posts saying exactly what I said before. Read the freaking forums people.