POXBOX.net instant rune trader!

Discussion in 'Rune Trading' started by decondor, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Intweener

Intweener I need me some PIE!

100th reply ! Hurrah. Still checking poxbox off and on of course :)

2. Hawkorps

Hawkorps Member

Oh yeah! I like it!

3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Bump. Much earned.

4. Psilokibes

Psilokibes Devotee of the Blood Owl

Is PoxBox safe and "legal"?
    I have never used it and I am thinking about trying but not sure if it is allowed by poxnora (dont want a ban) or if the trades are going well...

5. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

It is safe, and legal. How the Cash side of the store, is not so legal, or ethical. Just stick to the trader.

6. Psilokibes

oks thx i will take a look and try to understand how it works ;)

7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

It's pretty simple. Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

8. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

best way to get runes!

9. Psilokibes

Wow, really great system to get runes :D I could finish my decks much faster than with normal trade waiting for the runes i needed.

10. decondor

decondor I need me some PIE!

Check out the new more fair and dynamic pricing system and the whole lot of new stock!

Intweener and doubtofbuddha like this.
  11. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

New system is amazing! Just about finished SL collection! YEAH!

12. Mister Tuggles

Mister Tuggles I need me some PIE!

How is your new pricing "fair and dynamic"? Looking at all the runes you decided to dump onto the market you are taking a 10-20%+ cut from the in value vs the out value.

Take the Enforcer of the Circle for example. Out value of 440550, In value of 369000. We are taking a fricking 71550 credit loss by trading one in. In value is only equal to 83.75% of the out value. How is this "fair and dynamic"? On average a person will take a 50k credit loss by trading in decent legendaries you've been piling up, and are now forced to dump on your trader.

It seems that with Legendaries being able to be crafted with the next expansion you've finally decided to dump your massive stockpile onto the market, and in turn you are screwing the people who would actually trade these runes in, or out. Not to mention the fact that you have essentially pulled EVERY SINGLE LIMITED of worth from your in stock, and placed a few high value ones on what I would call a private trade system where we have to contact you to pay exorbitant overbid prices to get one.

For low end exo and down, your site is great. For high end exo's and up you are ruining the game, and basically stealing money directly from DOG with the use of your single rune store + stockpiling all the "valuable" runes to keep them off the trader. For someone who claims to want help the game/community, you do a hell of a lot more damage than good.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  13. decondor

14. Mister Tuggles

Mister Tuggles I need me some PIE!

I understand your explanation completely. The problem I have with it is that out of the complete blue your store is chalk full of legendaries that were previously out of stock FOR MONTHS, and every single decent limited was removed. Now, I can only assume that a very high percentage of those were your own personal stock that you released since they are going to move to the forge with the expansion.

So as I stated, a person who currently trades any of the instocks in is taking a 10-20%+ credit hit which can equate to a very large amount of credits being lost.

Also, your store just started selling credits again. 2m credits for 100$. So if 2m credits = 100$ how does a 500k creidt Limited Angel of Pain = 43.70$? Shouldn't the prices in your single rune store reflect the cost of credits? I.e. Angel of Pain should be 25$, not 43.70$ And your $60+ Limited old 150ks should only = around 25$ as well, and your $85+ Harbingers should be falling in at around $50 each if you go by the credit/dollar value you've now established.

15. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

He tries to make excessive profit. He's like the alpha trade-shark.

16. decondor

Why should you or anyone else have a say in how I run my site? Do I need you to sign my plan? Do I need to keep a log for everyone to see what I do ?

LOL What are you thinking? I have been planning this price change for weeks, bought accounts, did my calculations.
    Yes I value limiteds different, strange? Surprised? You don't do it? You keep up straight values when trading limiteds or actually anyone does?

Let me compile a list for with the current complain path and what you can complain about next:

1) Situation: poxbox has no legendaries but in cash store (because I ended up with a shitload of useless stuff)
    2) Situation continues, complains arise I am just hoarding (for the record not doing anything, just a bad running store)
    3) Continues continues, attempting some release of legendaries to boost up the store, all get traded out directly by big traders and instantly they appear on the poxnora trader. Poxbox doesn't have them, sharks have them but complaints still are about poxbox.
    4) Continues for a longer time with multiple attempts including buying up many accounts
    5) All fail, I am somehow still to blame for all, at least before all runes were there and he just sold credits, that was at least normal. And you are stealing money from DoG with low prices!
    6) Poxbrothers stops and I increase cash prices for good reasons and with that I knew I made many players angry.
    6.1) For the greater good I did it, not sure if it worked as I don't get that kind of feedback from DoG, but my sales definitely went down hard.
    6.2) Despise some naysayers I come up with a plan to boost up rune availability
    7) Actually works out great! A lot of enthusiastic people, less so naturally on these hateful forums
    8) INSTANT forum complaints by the standard 'Limited' complainer h0spy. He is not giving away all his Limiteds!
    8.1) Btw no problem for making a ton of runes accessible for everyone again, you are welcome
    8.2) Actually starting trading limiteds manually so others could have access to harder to get Legendaries, sorry for that btw
    9) OMG no limiteds!!!! What an *******, nevermind he single handed shaken up the market for everyone to have access to runes again.
    10) More terror because he must should sell all his Limiteds in his store, because well.... I SAY SO and I am a vocal forum voice so listen!
    12) Even more so because actually we vocal forum people think he should trade away all his runes and all will be solved, especially limiteds to our accounts. And for sure not for sale because he is not allowed to take anything for helping out the community!
    11) NOOO the a--hole's margins gone haywire! He says its 10% but its not!!!!
    11.1) Comes up with why it seems like the margins are high but are actually still 10%
    12) I understand!!! But actually I was complaining about something else
    12.1) Whut?
    13) I now complain about the difference in cash pricing because I have an ideal in my head that you should follow else you are wrong!
    --------- from here there is a potential future of complaints that most likely will follow --------------
    13.1) Well I think it is completely logical to sell runes where you have plenty of (credits you can use in the store) for a relative lower price then the stuff you don't have plenty off (single runes), so single runes are more expensive and if you want it cheaper because the rune is in the trader then buy credits.
    14) You sell stuff for money you are bad!
    14.1) But you know I really want to go back to just sell credits again and not only single runes, actually thought that is what everyone thought was acceptable but naturally I am wrong.
    15) You are too expensive! It is crazy you take too much money from DoG
    15.1) What I thought I took money from DoG when runes were too cheap?
    15.2) Not considering pack prices, chances on having certain runes and how popular they, my prices always come just out of the blue
    16) You are the monopoly and control all prices, you are bad!
    16.1) This is getting tiring....
    17) You keep all Limited runes, you should actually just give them away because well, you are rich and other are poor so MUST.... GIVE... AWAY
    17.1) Pfff again a need to defend, I use now Limited & Credits to keep the site up and running so everyone can use it for free and always have the latest runes.
    17.2) Owh and...
    18) See!!!!! Freaking shark, all you want is profit for yourself!
    18.1) There we go again..... so you prefer to buy of other(just to use your own words) sharks that offer no other service whatsoever? I actually daily support 150-300 players nowadays in getting the runes they want to play with. But yet you believe I should trade away all my rare runes that, despite what you think, will be traded out directly by sharks so that they can sell them, so where I offer a service and they get the money? I can totally see your point...... NOT and btw no problem at all for giving you a good and extremely fast way to get your runes.
    19) I don't care you are bringing poxnora down! You are the worse that ever happened to pox!
    19.1) Actually I do think I help out a lot, the situation might not be ideal but I do fill in a need in pox, because of that DoG can focus on other parts of the game that you'd really like them to work on. I am actually their under-payed employee that takes care of rune accessibility, I agree would not have gotten a raise last year but with the new pricing accessibility is already less an issue
    20) Go to 14 and repeat in eternity.

----- Standard expansion complaints -----
    x 1) You have no runes in stock!!
    x 1.1) Nope it takes time and people need to buy packs
    x 2) The prices are too damn high you shark! I want my previous mediocre exotic for that new cooler exotic!
    x 2.1) Sorry to disappoint you, it is not how the market works
    x 3) There is too much inflation! You are draining us dry, I think your prices should be as following (insert PM's with prices of 10's of people)
    x 3.1) It will be ok, especially with the new system! No worries

(The above is part truth and partly a joke on how I see all the general complaints about poxbox)

17. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I still think PoxBox is a great service. You can get a majority of the runes right away if you want them.

If you don't want to pay the price, either in trade or cash, you can trade elsewhere. No one forces you to use PoxBox. If you feel the business operates in a shady way, don't use it.

Personally, I look at rune prices like stock prices. They are bound to go up and down at any time. I would rather speculate on the value of a rune than leave credits in an account on PoxBox. If you look at the overall trend for runes, the highest value runes are either Limited or the highly playable legendary/exotic from the previous expansion. The longer ago a rune was released, the more the price decreases, since they've been available longer.

Current expansion always starts out really high due to the limited supply and people not wanting to wait. Eventually, closer to the next expansion release, the new runes have diminished in value significantly. Once the newest expansion is replaced, the value will go up, due to the increased difficulty in obtaining them.

18. xezno

I just got a freakin K'ento out of Poxbox. Wow I love this site!

19. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

That used to be a common thing. Pulling a 150k/angel outta Poxbox.

It's a shame you can't buy them with gold anymore.

20. xezno

In my pox lifetime this is a first. Only issue now is that I have 2x K'ento now and I dont play ST. I guess I could give it a try but I just don't dig the whole frozen thing.