Poxlist.com - a new Poxnora database search engine

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TakeItOver, Jun 12, 2017.

1. decondor

decondor I need me some PIE!

The amounts of trades right now are so low that prices hardly change. However, the list of prices is not meant to be queried a lot because it is impossible to cache

2. TakeItOver

TakeItOver The King of Potatoes

first of all: Thank you for your reply :) ! if you could offer a plane and simple html table with name, rarity and the current price I am able to grab them via regex php function with a cronjob every few minutes (every 30 minutes or something like that), update each price in a database and post the values to poxlist ... Of course I would give a link to your website on each page if someone is interested to trade them ...

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  3. TakeItOver

just because some of you asked me via pm: just waiting for a response from decondor :)

4. TakeItOver

just because some of you asked me via pm: just waiting for a response from decondor :)

5. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i like the idea, but probalby its not worth the work,if it makes the builder slower

6. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i like the idea, but probalby its not worth the work,if it makes the builder slower

7. TakeItOver

it does not influence the builder speed at all. All data scraping would be managed in the background. So the user wouldn't even notice it.

8. TakeItOver

Planar Disturbances Midterm update 100% inlcuded

MrBadguy and MaruXV like this.
  9. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

@TakeItOver very nice work. if you're interested in collaborating, i would be interested to help you scrape poxbox for prices and add other features, such as an automatic BG builder to auto-build a BG on poxnora that is staged in poxlist.

DiCEM0nEY, Gnomes and xaznsoulx like this.
  10. TakeItOver

@newsbuff sounds great! I shoot you a pm! seems like we are going to the next level ;)

newsbuff likes this.
  11. TakeItOver

@newsbuff did you get my private message?

12. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Yep, just a little busy, but I will reply :)

TakeItOver likes this.
  13. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I wish the website didn't act like it's having an aneurysm every time I try to go into ability details to see what champs have it.

MaruXV likes this.
  14. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

in some parts of the day it has indeed some delays. i suggest to filter searches as much as possible to fasten it. for example if you need kf champs with adaptive don't search just adaptive but set also kf.

15. TakeItOver

yes just choose a faction if you want to work with abilities ... 300% speed improvement
    maybe I will find the time to improve the speed somedays ...

16. TakeItOver

EDIT: update in last post

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  17. EternalSeito

EternalSeito The King of Potatoes

Boy this is sweet! Wish I could code :( you guys are so cool.

TakeItOver likes this.
  18. TakeItOver

UPDATE v1.3: Special Thanks goes to @themacca for donating $60.
    - If there is a Cooldown, AP Cost or some Ability Nora Cost (in the upgrade trees) for any ability, than it is displayed under the ability in an extra row.
    - Added this features to all instances: Standard Search, BG Editor and BG Showcase Room

19. TakeItOver

EDIT: update in last post

Tweek516, Etherielin and Gnomes like this.
  20. TakeItOver

v1.4: Special Thanks goes to @MaruXV for donating $150.
    - Added Battlegroup-Archive. Save your BG ideas to our Poxlist Archive. Just use the Button "Save BG" in the BG Editor and browse all BG ideas in the BG archive.
    - Added a new header navigation
    - Fixed a bug where the total amount of Champions with a specific ability was not correctly displayed.