PoxNora Champions League Winner: TinyDragon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MentalMoles, Jul 11, 2014.

1. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

You're right and thats why I said they were provisional, I did it this way to see how it panned out and it looked ok. Remember these are not final groups as of yet, because a couple of entries are provisional and I may have a pull out before we begin which will mess up the draw completely.

I'd be interested to see if people think the pot > group draw should be random or if it came out fine as it is?

2. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

I think it's fine to be honest Moles. You never know, one of the Pot 3 or 4 players might prove victorious, stuff like that's happened before.

3. MentalMoles

I think you misunderstand, the pots would remain the same, but rather than the groups at the top having slightly tougher groups it'd be completely random as to who went into which group from each pot.

For example the way I did it, Tiny went to group A, then devils went group B the next down went to group C and the same for each pot. normally in a draw you'd grab a name randomly from pot 1 then put them in group A, then you'd grab a random player from pot 2 and put into group A etc etc

4. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

Well, if you were to balance it out for the players that won't stand against the top players, what would you have in mind?

5. MentalMoles

Look, to be honest I think it panned out pretty well, so unless there is an overwhelming desire for people to change to random picks from each pot it won't be changing. That being said if I have a dropout I will need to re-draw

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Kinda think random would be more interesting because then we get those "Group of Death" matches. It also gives lower w/l% players an opportunity to be placed in a group that they may be able to win. It is random but that opportunity exists.

7. MentalMoles

there would still be one player from each pot, so it wouldn't create this situation.

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

It does severely reduce the chance but its entirely possible that the random draw would have the highest w/l from each pool or the lowest w/l from each pool get placed in the same group. Unlikely but possible.

9. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

Well, like I said, it's fine as is and doesn't need to be changed. Good luck to everyone that's participating.

10. MentalMoles

ya, well actually thats how its currently sorted! the highest w/l from each pot is in the same group from A,B,C downwards and then the bottom is the lowest w/l and i think it turned out ok

11. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

What I meant wasn't pure randomness, but rather: draw at random from pot 1 for group A, then B etc., then draw at random from pot 2 into each group etc. And I think TheNidhogg was suggesting the same.

12. MentalMoles

Ya I know what you meant, thats how it would be done in an official champions league competition

13. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

aight.

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'm going to have to drop out, the lack of serious competition just fails to turn me on.

15. MentalMoles

WarFooT has had to dropout, so i'll be posting new Groups based on the updated seeding with his replacement soon.

EDIT: here is the updated groups based on the same seeding formula with WarFooT's replacement Zorbot included (which is still subject to change)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  16. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Drop me out , Im sick of this i can't play anymore
    Sorry.

17. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

scurred of da devils amirite

Sirius, BurnPyro and SaintKiwi like this.
  18. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

No im actually sick of poxnora and the crap state its in , who ever gets picked council for any faction will be bias and slow down balancing process ( or make it worse).... and the devs are too inexperienced to do it alone.

I know people say give it time , but the thought of playing pox is digusting to me now, all the fun has been drained for me......

TL;DR Raging , RageQuiting pox

19. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

whoever gets picked? i don't know about that, i found some of the people i talked with to be quite useful. honestly if anything i'd say it's sort of silly to have so many people in, and people specifically representing factions.

in any case, i won't tell you to give it time. i will tell you two things, though- first, try it again later. second, you'll be back anyhow so this is sort of redundant.

Agirgis1 likes this.
  20. attio26

attio26 Lord of FS

Such a great idea. This should definitely be an annual event!

pedrocart likes this.