Poxnora Download

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by AKHolic, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Try going into finder, and select GO, then /Volumes/, you should see poxnora there.

2. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

After attempting to relaunch the PoxNora Application several times, I got the option to "Reset and Relaunch" as opposed to just plain old "Relaunch"... error message now reads:

"The application JavaAppLauncher quit unexpectedly after it was relaunched"

3. AKHolic

AKHolic The King of Potatoes

Me 2 lol

4. AKHolic

Thanks, but did not work :(

5. Comissar

Comissar I need me some PIE!

Again, likewise

6. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

What version of OSX are you running?

7. RedDain

10.5.8 for me.

8. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Is that Leopard os Snow Leopard?

Working fine on Mountain Lion 10.8

9. Gedden

10.5.8 or 10.8.5?

10. AKHolic

Intel Core 2 Duo, also 10.5.8

11. AKHolic

Mac OS X 10.5.8

12. Comissar

Comissar I need me some PIE!

Mac OS X 10.6.8 here

13. Gedden

The short version is, it sounds like the problem will be solved if you update your OS to a more recent version. I'm running a 10.8.5 core 2 duo (not mavricks) and its working fine. I have tested pox on 10.9.2 (mavricks) and it also works.

The long story is -- OSX has done some funky things with permissions issues recently. It used to be that any mounted dmg would show up in finder, now even if the application is signed (which pox is), they dont visibly mount in finder in a way you can see. On some versions you should be able view it under Go -> /Volumes/ and then selecting pox nora.

On 10.8.5, if you run the PoxNora.dmg, it will open up with a PoxNora.app and an application folder in a window. Its a real bummer that its not working on versions as recent as 10.6.8 -- I would be very interested to see if that fixes it for all of you. If so I will create a sticky in technical support AND update the minimum requirements

AKHolic likes this.
  14. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Is anyone running 10.7 and we can check that?

I can confirm that 10.8.5 is working fine on my end.

15. AKHolic

Well thanks for the help! Looks like no Pox for me for awhile lol, Thanks for the help once again.

16. RedDain

I am on 10.5.8

I can mount the volume (the poxnora.dmg) and can save the application to my Applications folder.

The problem seems to be with the application itself, and the way that it interfaces with Java???

AKHolic likes this.
  17. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Hey do i have to reinstall the game? remove the current(old SoE) one and download from the web again?

18. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Edit: nevermind

19. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

If you are trying to play the game with the old SOE launcher then yes you have to install the version on our site.

Kampel likes this.
  20. RedDain

So I did some poking around, and it seems that the problem may be the "JavaAppLauncher" is choking on the older systems... accurate?