Poxnora Game Rules Documents -- Update # 2.1 and 1.3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kalasle, May 27, 2015.

1. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

This is weird in that it is different than pouncing on top of stealthed units. When you try to Pounce on top of a stealthed Venom Trap for example, you spend the AP and you deal damage to it, but don't actually move (I've used this sort of thing as an actual intentional move in games).
    Idk about interactions with champions though. And I dunno if said damage is still dealt to everyone adjacent to the would-be location, or just on the spot where the pouncer was supposed to land.

2. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Fantastic work Kal, serious respect for the effort and dedication put into this.

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Thanks. Some parts need further testing. I will try, over the course of the next week, to work out the parts in stealth that need fixing, as well as finally adding a basic version of the runedock section.

Anima26 likes this.
  4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

This will be getting an update to clean up formatting bits and make sure that the parts currently there are indeed accurate. More thorough additions will wait until the Ability Rewrites are done.

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Ok, now that summer school is done, I might get a day or two to do some rewrites on this. Does anyone have any particular mechanics or things they want to see clarified? I have a few things that need to be changed regardless, but will take input on things that are generally confusing or need testing.

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Complete Rules have been updated with version 1.3! The changelog is below. It's nothing major -- the rune reveal super-section remains far off -- but this is another step in clarity and real completeness.

Draft 1.3

-Added exception 4, which addresses KB damage calculation on un-transfigured shrines.

-Removed calculation information about the SL bonus in section 2.1.1.1.5.1. That information is now obsolete, because the SL bonus is no longer a percentage-based bonus. Its layer timing remains unchanged.

-Changed section 2.2.1. to clarify the result types possible for Loss-of-Life attacks.

-Added section 5.1.2.1.1. and accompanying subsections, which cover units being destealthed by invalid occupancy caused by an opposing champion’s abnormal movement.

-Changed sections 6.3.2 and 6.3.3. which incorrectly stated that fonts generated nora during a turn in which they changed control; nora generation occurs during the Font Check step, and fonts do not generate nora during the step in which they change control.

Tweek516, Karamasov and Gnomes like this.
  7. yuore

yuore The King of Potatoes

excellent job, if you translate it to Spanish'd be a hero jeje

8. Xiape

Xiape I need me some PIE!

This is great as a document. I think what makes this special is the collaboration that went in, and the amount of testing work that was involved. I've been involved in some rules efforts, but these two things were always missing from what I've done.

The next step would be getting blessing on the rules, since it sounds like Sokolov is motivated to reduce inconsistencies.

9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I want to do it, but I am honestly actually discouraged, rather than motivated. Bugs come up faster than we can fix them and sometimes fixing one bug creates another 30.

10. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Just fix the bug that prevents roar of the fallen from working on riders. Game can be so buggy you can doom shrines for all i care

11. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

@kalasle Was looking for the movement pattern on Wandering and couldn't find them in docs. Pretty sure there was a post where you explained the percentages. Is it 50% towards enemy shrine and 50% randomly? And if randomly, then two checks of 25% for each of the four directions?

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I'm not sure on the actual randomness percentages. I'm inclined to believe that the initial check is less than 50%. But yes, that is the process for the randomness. Everything else is just standard Manic movement towards the shrine.

Karamasov likes this.
  13. Karamasov

My experience tells me it's less than 50 % as well. Thx for the answer :)

14. Xiape

Xiape I need me some PIE!

Still, documenting how things actually work is a step towards knowing what issues exist and providing information. Manual testing is helpful at least for diagnosis. It might also even be useful internally for going forward.

In some sense, I imagine things going smoother if expectations are set in advance for how abilities will work, even if they're not as elegant as would be ideal.

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Just to be clear, this is not a design or QA document, and is not intended as such. This is meant to be player-focused.

16. Karamasov

Understood. I only asked here, because it might be something to include in the complete rules, if you decides to spend your time on it.

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yeah, I gotcha, I was more responding to Xiape and anyone else with similar thoughts.

Karamasov likes this.
  18. Bravesteel

Bravesteel Member

These documents are very useful for me as a new player that wants to really take on Pox Nora. Thank you for all the hard work, Kalasle!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    Tweek516, SPiEkY and Xzablaz like this.
  19. Bobbmon

Bobbmon The King of Potatoes

Is there a list of champion cooldowns based on nora costs somewhere?

20. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Isn't it just cost divided by 5? And it gets rounded down, so a rune that costs 83 has the same cooldown as a rune that costs 80 (16 turns).

darklord48 likes this.