PoxNora imProvement Projects #1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, May 12, 2015.

1. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Please buff leoss paragon and lurker he still is crappy as hell
    possible changes suggested
    Paragon of aliur (68-73)
    Attack: Physical (0n)
    Soul of aliur (5n)
    Grant: reflexes (5n)
    Grant: evasive (5n)
    Ponderous( -10n)

Upgrade 1:
    Soul bond (5n)
    Quest: Support ally (10n)
    Rapid attack 3 (10n)

Upgrade 2:
    Train: damage (8n)
    Train: def (8n)
    Train: mobility (6n)

Pantier Lurker
    Shadowstrike removed to Upgrade 1
    Shadowspawn put to base
    he honestly doesn't need 2 stealth abilities it sandbaggy
    Shadowspawn + stealth = 13 nora
    Shadowstrike + shadow spawn = 17 nora
    obviously shadowspawn stealth is a far more better option
    please make changes a cheaper detect would be useful

2. itzdaT

itzdaT Member

Guys I am a total noob in Pox, I've got like ~75h of playtime. What scares away new players?
    IMO: It takes an awful lot of time to get your first custom BG. I've purchased 4 runes after this 75 hours of gameplay time, but 2 of them are legendaries [via poxbox]. I think that the new players should receive X amount of free shards to buy runes, or something like that...with this pace I won't complete my first BG for ages.

PS. fix these .desc text bugs as soon as possible., cuz there are tons of these. :)

PPS. You should advertise the game!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
    Sirius and ClearFox like this.
  3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Not entirely sure if this ones been posted but i think groble rock eater is a rather large beneficiary of the formula and could probably use a modifier on its own

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Agreed.

Sirius likes this.
  5. Sokolov

It already does have a small modifier, but -13 in negative abilities does have a big impact on cost.

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Does Zombie Behemoth have a manual mod? It feels like he has about +2~+3. At -1 for total abilities at 52, he's paying 53 nora for 7 dmg, 5 spd, and 73 HP. If DMG and SPD follow the same model, that's an extra -14 from his curve point on offensive stats, so he's paying 67n for 73 HP, which clocks in at about .91 per HP. I know HP was increased in cost with the most recent reformulation, but isn't it also on a log scale? That just seems like a high cost ratio for his point on the scale.

7. Sokolov

He does. Basically not getting any nora reduction from Lethargic and Faithless.

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Ouch. Any chance of reducing that number, or tweaking the champ so he doesn't have to deal with that as much? How do you approach modifying a unit to remove modifiers (if it seems appropriate for that unit, sometimes the mods help)?

9. Sokolov

In his case, I'd probably give him more DMG and reduce the modifier. I'd also consider removing Faithless (altho that one is probably not really worth a -5 decrease to be honest, so that could be tweaked too).

10. rheinhart

rheinhart I need me some PIE!

This won't ever happen cause some people have many alts and others would abuse the hell out of it and make tons of alts^^

11. itzdaT

itzdaT Member

Ah hm...I guess you mean that people will trade their first runes between accounts? What if it would be implemented like this...example: When you create your account, you get 1500 shards for free, however the runes what you buy from that 1500 won't be available for trade. That way, no one could abuse it.

12. SkeletonKing

SkeletonKing The King of Potatoes

I've always been of the opinion that KISS is a priority in game design.

In the case of the Lamia, her main thing is Shrink, so give her that, then give her 1 or 2 other baseline abilities (preferably 1) that fit her theme. Then she has her two upgrade slots.
    This would give her a total of 4 to 5 abilities. That's a crap-ton of abilities already. Stop there. Done.
    If you want her to have any other tricks up her sleeve, don't.
    Put those on another Rune.

Sokolov likes this.
  13. Sokolov

Lamia has already been updated based on the earlier discussions of the thread, @SkeletonKing. Have you checked her out?

14. Pipster

Pipster I need me some PIE!

Something I've always noticed that never seems to be talked about is how abilities AP costs do not show most of the time when you are the spectator (e.g frost cones and leaps and stuff). Why is that?

Tweek516 likes this.
  15. SkeletonKing

SkeletonKing The King of Potatoes

Seems legit. My work here is done. You're welcome.
    *runs away like Skeletor having a bad day*

Sokolov likes this.
  16. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

But you.. It was.. Thank you.

17. rheinhart

rheinhart I need me some PIE!

May work but I dunno how hard it would be to code all that since I know zilch on computer programming probably something you could tell senshu and he can bring it up to sokolov if senshu thinks it's possible with little hassle.

18. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

my guess is to try and stop observers helping

19. Liion

Liion Well-Known Member

Actually you only need to know to make a farm BG to Skyrmish (Its a combo, here is an example of the BG I use: https://poxbase.com/deck/C9jS10S9SuS1-S6US4pS=S1USnS7uSYS6gR2uE2) and shard away!

Bare minimum is S.Garu + Blade of the Snake + Quicken + 2x Obelisk + Horrific Mutation + Time Slip, rest fill with random stuff, (you can make it any faction, just fill the holes with the desired Faction).

You should be able to complete a Skyrmish by turn 10.
    Hope that helps.

20. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

S. garu has been renamed to just garu, cause solitary removed from game.