PoxNora Mafia - Day Phase 2

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Comissar, Apr 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

I dunno man, Ricky's def wrath - I mean, that crappy wrath sig + bandwagoning = definite wrath proof afterall :p

2. Qucas

Qucas Guest

What about your avatar, it's wrath, are you wrath?

3. Napalm Monk

Napalm Monk Member

Even with no concrete information from night moves to go on, town can still get lucky and hit a maf through their first day chatter. Editting isn't allowed.

4. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

I really hope no one is stupid enough to give themselves away on the first(?) day.

And there really isn't a need to **** the editing rule, thats for the OP/GM to decide.

5. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

it has been a standard of the pox mafias that is all. Also there are certainly things people can say that creates suspicion, I already have some people I am suspicious of in fact :p

6. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

I'm sorry to have stirred some trouble, I honestly just didn't think about it, will keep it in mind in future posts, haha! ;)

Sincerely,

Josh753

7. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

Guilty hang him!

8. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

Hehe bandwagoning? I wouldn't call that proof though. I will neither reject nor admit to your claim because anything I say can and will be held accounted for in the court of Poxmafia :). Nor do I have/nor want to relinquish any proof of what side I am actually participating on :D. I can say you guys would be plesently surprised.

Although the jumping to conclusions/defensiveness is rather suspicious so I shall now confirm I vote: Emries :).

9. Emries

I was just kidding (hence to sig bit even if the sig is a bit silly) but bandwagoning is usually a pretty good reason/indication once more information is found, especially if you're the first one to do so. Also, past games have shown randomly accusing someone during the first day nets a lot more information than any other given action. For example, here we learned that we would be "pleasantly surprised" with your role which could be both a bluff or true. Either way, I don't like surprises in maf games unless I'm the surprise. I think we got plenty of information to consider from your post considering it's phase zero :p

10. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Some heat already being generated on the thread. This is good stuff. However, I don't get how there can be any bandwaggoning
    yet since it's only fay zero.

11. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

day* zero

12. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

Does anyone else think Emries is dangerously intelligent at Mafia games?

13. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

intelligent? debatable. Dangerous? yes.

14. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

Potato, Puhtato.

15. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

Points in no particular order-

When I said "vote: emries" I was kidding, because there's no vote yet. It's an old joke that we just bump Emries off early to save ourselves hassle

I've always been amazed that people can get suspicious before the game really starts, but I suppose that's why I'm not them. To me, this is the check-in phase where we just wait till something can actually happen

aaaaaaaand getting back to Emries, the first time I remember playing a mafia game with him was the Death Note mafia game. A rough summary of the game (as I remember it) is something like this- there were 2 factions and a superpower (which Em got) that let you kill anyone if you could correctly identify their role in the game. Emries spent the majority of the game trying to convince most other players that he could create his own faction, somehow over-riding the GM and nullifying the rules of the game. It was complete bullshit of course, but a lot of people bought it. He can be surprisingly manipulative

What ended up happening was that he blew the game up instead, including killing off most of the mafia (not sure if he killed his wincon too or not).

Basically, since then, there have been numerous questions raised about his intentions regarding "winning". Given that I play LoL with Emries fairly regularly, I'd just say that he gets bored easily and likes to create exciting situations

16. Greysands22

Are you implying that stupid is always dangerous Gaiaix? In that case vote Gerben lol

17. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

Gerb is a genius, he just hides it well

18. Emries

Dem shots fired Gerben XD

19. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

someone is on to me.

20. Greysands22

A crazy genius... thats our gerben