PoxNora Mafia - Day Phase 2

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Comissar, Apr 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I'm suspicious of everyone that talks a lot and throws attention around, which is how my suspicions formed. Of course not the most accurate way to find guilty people, but currently we don't have more.

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Personally I prefer to look at people that skirt the line between quiet and vocal as they are typically the ones with abilities and are looking to avoid attention. This is not without risks however as both sides want to protect their assets and we run the risk of hitting one of our own. We also have had a number of inactives which makes this method more difficult. Hopefully more people will begin discussing their suspicions or reasoning for voting a certain way which will give us more to go on.

3. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

Awesome maf kill due to inactivity! Best possible outcome for us there.

Ok my thoughts.

First Ricky:
    First time playing with us. The whole bit about him saying we would be "pleasantly surprised" has been gone over and I'm inclined to believe that might have been a rookie mistake, but what I find more surprising is his reversal on Emries basically saying Emries is the least of his worries right now and then he goes on to make some really strong points about looking for maf in the semi active bunch tec.

Ricky: "Personally Emries is the least of my worries currently. I would be more fixated with the silent types participating because lets be honest... What do the wrath players have to say to us unless they wan't to troll around? Because they know who they are why would they need to put their names on the radar? Only likely situation for a wrath player to talk in this post would be to troll. Or to convince others to redirect their attention to the most efficient of protectorate players. Some however might not have anything to say at all. But in all honesty. Thought it might be a helpful track of mind for some of the protectorate side. So consider my words said. No regrets ;)"

I know this is an open communication game so maybe he's been talking to somebody else outside of the thread but I think we're seeing some level of "coaching" going on here. Just seems like an odd reversal of opinion PLUS an overnight improvement in gameplay.

Next Markoth: He made a long post promoting a lynch, but what I find odd is in poxmaf we generally never vote no kill. So why make a post about how we MUST kill somebody when nobody has voted no kill and traditionally nobody would. To me it just seems like a lot of typing trying to look helpful without really saying anything. He also strangely ends his post with "nothing to lose" (just seems similar to No Regrets)
    Also noted that he downplays Gerbens admittedly chaotic behavior by saying "That said, this is standard Gerben so I wouldn't stress over it too much unless you genuinely have a reason to do so."

Gav: I think I see what gav is going for with the vote on dags. It's always a good tell to get somebody to mount a defense of themselves. I am really interested to see what gav has to say when he next posts about that. Also Xinde = fireball94? That night kill makes SO much more sense to me now. Interesting it was Gav who shared that bit of forum knowledge.

Gerben vs Napalmonk: Look I understand Gerbens sense of humor. BUT it's been said if you aren't actively trying to scumhunt you aren't really helping us. I see napalm pointing this out esp after gerben pokes him about trying too hard.

That's all for now I want to avoid going full ****** on a wall of text but I'll post more things I notice as we go on here. This is just some things that popped out at me.

4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

for the people tempted to vote me I present you these arguments against such:
    **VOTE - NAPALM MONK**

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I also provided my reasoning why I felt your behavior better benefited you in the role of mafia. At this point in time I will not speak for your innocence. I merely wished to impart that your behavior should not be the primary basis for a kill vote as it is standard fair for you. I am curious if you have reasoning for your vote or if it is simply a retribution vote for casting suspicion upon you.

6. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I didn't see anything here as to why Napalm is a good target.... care to elaborate?

7. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I don't know him, so he's an outsider, an outsider that is asking questions... too many questions, questions that will reveal secrets that will dammage the marketplace more than any infiltration team, like the satanic cult you are in, the sargeants goat fetish, etc.

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Just in response to this I have not participated in pox mafia in a long time (Has it been over a year? I played in 1-2 of the early ones but not since.) and early on the common trend was to not kill vote the first night because people felt that the odds were not in the town folks favor.

9. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Vote: Rickyjpen

10. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

Vote: Rickyjpen

The fact that he wasn't killed tonight for having a "surprising role" clinches it for me. I get a feeling he was a little panicky / defensive with his recent 3 consecutive posts and a role that isn't surprising / game-influential for town to kill is probably favoring mafia through process of elimination.

That or he's the shade, which would be surprising in that he would look Wrath when investigated. In any case, I vote to lynch him. If he IS the Elven Shade, I recommend that he does not state so out loud (risk of being blocked) and kill someone - say napalm monk because he basically jumped up and said kill someone immediately after the result - in the night phase in case his power is wasted :p

11. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I can get behind Ricky and your reasoning is sound. I will tentatively vote: Rickyjpen but am waiting to make it official (Are we allowed to change vote after placing it?) to see if anything happens. However if Ricky is innocent I will be very suspicious of you. Even if Ricky IS the shade I will find your urging of further killing as a sign of mafias desire to eliminate as many as possible as quick as possible. It is entirely possible that the mafia have identified Ricky as the Shade and wish to kill two birds with one stone so to speak.

12. Comissar

Comissar I need me some PIE!

You're free to change your vote as often as you wish, I work backwards through the thread when vote counting so I'll pick up your most recent vote first. Just make sure it's listed unambiguously otherwise there's a good chance I'll miss it.

13. Xinde

Xinde Devotee of the Blood Owl

I'm dead, but yes I am fireball94.

Also, Comi, I suggest you included the phase people die in on the first post? So for me instead of saying died in a night kill, say died Night 1.

14. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

the conventional wisdom in mafia games is that, in the early stages, you don't know ****. so you may as well kill off the people that aren't talking or seem useless/harmful so that you can establish a real dialogue with which to base the *real* game off of. if you leave a game to its natural conclusion without lynchings, you just have townsfolk dropping left and right. if you include lynchings, you have both a chance to kill mafia and a chance to find mafia. a game with no lynches is a game the mafia win

i don't have a lot of time so i won't go further, but i'm purposefully not responding to gav right now- there's nothing to respond to as of yet. i expect him to pop up with something once he has time

right now i'm not too sure about the ricky vote (because i feel like emries is doing his thing again and everyone is biting), gerb is clearly being crazy, and were there other votes? i think PT's being overly defensive again and that's it

be back later

15. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

In that case. Vote: Rickyjpen
    I am open to other options.

16. Comissar

Good idea, OP updated

17. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Wow, I don't know where everyone lives, but so much happens when I'm asleep.

18. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

We live in the marketplace obv. :p

19. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Hoping teaninja and darkpally post soon because i dont want others dead for inactivity.... it really ruins the games

20. Comissar

They have the best part of two days to do so, if they've not posted by the 24 hour mark I'll send them a reminder via. PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.