PoxNora Mafia - Recruitment

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Comissar, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Comissar

Comissar I need me some PIE!

The markets of Ironfist are always bustling. Despite the constant threat of war, the citizens of the merchant quarter always try to make the best of things. Their determined upbeat attitude attracts traders from every part of the Portectorate, even the far-flung Jakei of J'thir aren't that rare a sight. The greatest of these markets is the open-air grand plaza. The finest wares are offered for sale here, most can't afford the extravagant costs, but it's worth coming just to look. The pride of the merchant quarter, the grand plaza is heavily guarded. Everyone who enters and leaves is checked to ensure they're neither a thief nor a threat.

[​IMG]

It came as a surprise, then, when cries of "Murder!" began to spring up. Guards rapidly arrived at the scene to find the unfortunate victim. A well known Dwarven trader, Tevranne. His body lay in the street, his throat cruelly slashed. The murderer had been sloppy, though, their weapon had been left at the scene. A dark blade, radiating an evil aura lay on the ground. The weapon was clearly not of dwarven origin. The guards looked at each other with concern before scanning the growing crowd. "Seal tha area, tha killer's still here." The sergeant's orders were met with a curt salute, the guards rushing back to the entrances to spread the word. Turning to the assembled crowd, he announced "I'm gonna haf'ta ask ye ta stay put, Wrath forces haf infiltrated tha market. We cannae risk them escapin'. If'n ye see someone suspicious, please bring them ta us. Yer patience is appreciated." Ignoring the worried mutterings of the crowd, the sergeant gave the blade in his hand a disgusted look, letting it clatter to the ground.

[​IMG]

The Roles:

Wrath:

The forces of Wrath have infiltrated the grand plaza. The use of illusionary disguises have let them appear to be simple merchants and customers. The goal of the Wrath forces is to gain a majority of the players, allowing them to wipe out the Protectorate forces. Each night phase, the Wrath forces vote on who to kill. The majority vote decides who dies in the night phase. In addition, the Wrath forces all know who the other members of the Wrath are. Any or all of the following roles may be present.

Shadow Master:

The mastermind behind the infiltration, the Shadow Master is skilled in the art of misdirection, capable of hiding in plain sight and able to do the same for others. The Shadow Master always appears to be a member of the Protectorate when investigated by the Firk Sensorate, his slippery mind well trained to deceive telepaths.

[​IMG]

Skeezick Torch:

The Skeezick Torch is a pyromaniac extraordinaire. The Torch has been instructed in no uncertain terms to keep his arsonist tendencies under check. But surely the Shadow Master wouldn't mind if just one Dwarf got burned, would he? Once per game, the Skeezick Torch can immolate a target. This is decided seperately of the night kill. The Skeezick Torch PM's the GM as to who they wish to immolate during any night phase they're still alive in. The targetted player is killed during at the end of that night phase and their role is not revealed on death. The targetted player may not be protected by the Ironfist Medic, but the Ironfist Paladin may bodyguard them as normal. If the Skeezick Torch is blocked by the Chronomancer, their power is wasted and may not be used again.

[​IMG]

Deep Elf Scout:

The Deep Elf Scout is the Shadow Master's second in command. Trained to see what really is, they excel at subterfuge. On every odd numbered night phase (i.e. Night's 1, 3, 5 etc.) the Deep Elf Scout may target one player still alive in the game. At the end of the night phase, that players role is revealed to the Deep Elf Scout. This power may not be redirected by the Ironfist Paladin. If the Chronomancer blocks the Deep Elf Scout, the power is wasted and the Scout will have to wait until the next odd numbered night phase to use it again.

[​IMG]

Skeezick Filcher:

The Skeezick Filcher is trained in the art of subtle magic, used to drain the will of others. His role in the infiltration is to sap the will to fight from those in the market. Once per night phase, the Skeezick Filcher may target another player. That player's vote in the following day phase will not be counted in the overall total. If the Skeezick Filcher uses this power, his vote will also not count during the following day phase. This power may not be redirected by the Ironfist Paladin.

[​IMG]

Deep Elf Mercenary:

Sent along to provide greater numbers for the infiltration team, the Deep Elf Mercenary is simply a blade for hire. The Deep Elf Mercenary has no powers. There may be multiple players with this role.

[​IMG]

Draksar Footman:

Sent along to provide greater numbers for the infiltration team, the Draksar Footman is there merely to follow orders. The Draksar Footman has no powers. There may be multiple players with this role.

[​IMG]

Protectorate:

The market vendors, customers and tourists that were simply unlucky enough to be present when the infiltration team arrived, the members of the Protectorate come from across the land. Forming the bulk of those present at the market, it is up to them to root out the infiltration team. Members of the Protectorate do not know the alignment of other players ahead of time. They win if all of the Wrath aligned players are dead. Any or all of the following roles may be present.

Firk Sensorate:

A visitor from Forglar Swamp, the Firk Sensorate is adept at haggling for the best prices possible. His mind reading abilities allow him to know how far the merchant is willing to go. As it turns out, it will also be useful for identifying the infiltrators. Once per night phase, the Firk Sensorate may target a player. The alignment (Wrath or Protectorate) of that player will be revealed to him at the end of the night phase. This power may not be redirected by the Ironfist Paladin.

[​IMG]

Ironfist Medic:

The Ironfist Medic is often at the Grand Plaza, hunting for new medicines that will help him hone his craft. He always carries his medical kit with him, on the off chance that somebody needs first aid. His skills may soon see more use than he'd like. Once per night phase, the Ironfist Medic may target a player. The targeted player is immune to night kills for that phase. If the targeted player has also been targeted by the Ironfist Paladin, and is also the target of the night kill, the Medic will instead protect the Ironfist Paladin from being killed. The Ironfist Medic may not target himself.

[​IMG]

Chronomancer:

The Chronomancer is a master of time manipulation. The Grand Plaza is one of her favourite locations throughout the world, her control over the flow of time always letting her get to the front of queue's and arrive at stalls just before they close. It could also prove useful for controlling what others are capable of doing during the investigation. Once per night, the Chronomancer may target a player. Any power the targeted player attempts to use during that night phase automatically fails, and they are made aware of this. This also negates the Wrath night vote for that player, potentially changing who is killed during the night phase. This power may not be redirected by the Ironfist Paladin.

upload_2014-4-1_11-23-19.jpeg

Elven Shade:

The Elven Shade has traveled all the way from K'thir with an important mission. Sabotage. The markets in Ironfist are putting those in K'thir out of business, and a private contractor has demanded that this be stopped. Unfortunately, this mess with the infiltration team will need to be sorted out first. Once per game, the Elven Shade may target a player in the night phase. At the end of the night phase, the targeted player is killed. This power may be redirected by the Ironfist Paladin. In addition, the Shade's 'flexible' morals cause the Firk Sensorate to identify her as Wrath.

[​IMG]

Ironfist Paladin:

A paragon of justice, the Ironfist Paladin frequents the Grand Plaza during his off duty to ensure that fair trade abounds. He's always willing to lend a hand to the guards, and this current crisis is just the sort of cause he aims to help with. Once per night phase, the Ironfist Paladin may target another player. If that player would be killed during the night, the Ironfist Paladin leaps in the way and is killed instead.

[​IMG]

Attendant Squire:

The Attendant Squire was just sent to pick up a sword for his master, he didn't want to get involved in this mess. The Attendant Squire has no powers, there may be multiple players with this role.

[​IMG]

Salaman Daredevil:

There are few as dedicated to finding the best bargain as the Salaman Daredevil. Be it a new hang glider, or the latest technological toy, these brave souls always swoop in on stalls that are having a sale. The Salaman Daredevil has no powers, there may be multiple players with this role.

[​IMG]

Rules and Phases:

Mafia is a game that is played between two competing factions, the Mafia and the Town. In this game, those factions are represented by the Wrath and the Protectorate respectively. Each player will be assigned a random role from those listed above at the start of the game. Any or all of these roles may be present in the game. The goal of Wrath players is to gain a voting majority during the day phase. This is achieved by slowly eliminating the Protectorate players. The goal of Protectorate players is to eliminate all of the Wrath players. This is primarily achieved by voting in the day phase to eliminate a player (explained below). Wrath players are aware at the start of the game of who else is a Wrath player, but Protectorate players are not made aware of the alignment of any other player at the beginning of the game. Out of thread discussion is both permitted and encouraged for all players.

The game alternates between two phases, the Day phase and the Night phase. The Day phase lasts for 48 hours. No powers are useable during this phase, though some may have their effects here. During this phase, players may vote to eliminate a single player of their choosing. At the end of the day phase, the player with the most votes is eliminated from the game. Their role is revealed and they may take no further part in the game. Please format your votes as **VOTE - PLAYER'S NAME** for ease of recognition within the post. You may change your vote as many times as you like during a phase, and you may choose to vote to not kill anyone (**VOTE - NO KILL**). Any player who does not vote will simply be ignored, a lack of voting is not considered a "No Kill" vote.

The Night phase lasts for 24 hours. This is when powers are used, and when the Wrath players vote on who to kill. Power targets and the Wrath night kill votes are sent via. PM to the Game Master (me). Powers resolve at the end of the night phase. You are free to continue posting in the thread during the night.

Editing of posts is not permitted. If you've forgotten to say something, simply make another post. If you've made a grammatical error, tough, leave it. I'll be operating a three strikes rule on editing posts, do not take this as permission to edit up to two posts. If I feel the three strikes leeway is being abused, I will become stricter. If you are idle for two consecutive phases (i.e. 72 hours), you will be automatically eliminated. Idle players kill games very quickly. I will not run this game unless I receive a minimum of 12 sign-up's.

I think that covers everything, sign-up's below:

Player sign-up's
    1 ) PurpleTop
    2 ) Greysands22
    3 ) Loyaute
    4 ) Poxbrothers
    5 ) Boozha
    6 ) Emries
    7 ) KTCAOP
    8 ) Geressen
    9 ) Neksis
    10 ) rickyjpen
    11 ) Darkpally5
    12 ) Gaverion
    13 ) Dagda
    14 ) Xinde
    15 ) Gaiaix555
    16 ) Markoth
    17 ) TeaNinja
    18 ) NapalmMonk
    19) Qucas

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  2. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Fantastic! Sign me up

3. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

4. Loyaute

Loyaute I need me some PIE!

5. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

I would be fairly interested in trying it, I've seen it pop up from time to time on the old forums and it looked fun to me.

Though I have a few questions:
    - Isn't wrath quite a bit ahead by knowing everyone in there (or am I missing something).
    - Does protectorate vote during the day phase on the forums or also in PM?

More questions will come up for sure and I guess I'll learn it while playing, looking forward to it!

Sincerely,

Josh753

6. Loyaute

1. There are always more town (Protectorate) than mafia (Wrath), in many cases more than double in size. It's ultimately up to the creator how the game is balanced. I trust Comissar as a host as he has a good track record for making these sorts of games.
    2. Protectorate votes in the thread. Hidden powers are PM to Comissar.

rickyjpen and Poxbrothers like this.
  7. Comissar

Yup, Loyaute nailed it. Wrath are the informed minority, Protectorate are the uninformed majority. Both Protectorate and Wrath vote during the day phase on the forums.

Poxbrothers likes this.
  8. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I'm in.

9. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

Sure

10. PurpleTop

Do we have any inactivity constraints? like after how long should someone be dropped for not posting?

11. Loyaute

12. Comissar

13. PurpleTop

Lol missed that. sowwy

14. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

I can sign up and/or help moderate if you would like. I can also give access to my old mafia forums as well.

15. Comissar

I'll sign you up :)

16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

i'd like to play, seems like forums mafia is very similar to werewolves wich is always fun. (be gentle, is my first time)

17. Comissar

Same game, different names. Good to have you :)

18. Neksis

Neksis The King of Potatoes

I'm totally in!

19. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

Count me in :D

20. darkpally5

darkpally5 I need me some PIE!

I'll play