PoxNora Mafia

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by KTCAOP, Apr 11, 2014.

1. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

I will extend the day phase for 24 more hours and send out reminders I guess o_o.

2. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

I'm here. Just got in.

24 hour extension + reminders sounds like the best plan since nobody is participating apparently.

3. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

vote Qucas

reason: I'm town

4. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

I am going to assume Mafia won this. Only 2 mafia down leaving I would assume 4-5 more. With only 8 players remaining in the game and the fact that some players are hardly even participating anymore I think this game is a goner xP.

5. Greysands22

Yeah it seems like it eh?

6. rickyjpen

Its basically just going to be picking off the last few townies from here on out I would think.

7. Greysands22

I just think the game kind of died after commi left. No offense to KTC who's done a great job picking it up.

But markoth and burn are gone it seems. Loyute only posted once. None of em voted.

8. rickyjpen

Yea. People lost hope fast which killed the game.

9. Loyaute

Loyaute I need me some PIE!

I need a fresh game. Admire the enthusiasm to keep this one going, but it got too stupid.

10. KTCAOP

If there were 4-5 mafia left and only 8 towns, I would have ended the game already. The fact that I did not end the game means that there are still more townspeople than mafia. The only time when I would end the game, is if there was a 1:1 ratio of Mafia:Townspeople with no additional means of either protecting the townspeople or removing mafia.

11. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

after reviewing the thread, gerben seems more likely mafia to me- it comes down to him demonstrating he knows how to play the game but choosing not to 99% of the time

vote: geressen

12. Greysands22

Vote: geressen

13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

welp, that's it, you are making maffia win, unless you ARE maffia.

14. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

honestly gerb, at this point that's a risk i'm willing to take

15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

everyone I distrusted turned out to be town, you I trusted... I TRUSTED YOU!

16. KTCAOP

Sorry, I fell asleep. I'm just going to call the phase and when I really wake up, I'll write the final story :p.

17. KTCAOP

The sergeant made his final round that night. After seeing what happened to Gaverion, even though s/he did kill one of their own, everyone lost their courage and abandoned their post. Throughout the night the sergeant checked in on tents and where there were still merchants, they were frantically trying to pack up their supplies. When he checked in on some of the visitors, such as the Salaman Daredevils Loyaute and PurpleTop they were nowhere to be seen. They simply took their equipment and vanished. Whether or not they were disposed of by nefarious means or managed to escape, no one ever really knew.

When when the sergeant checked into the paladin quarters, it was equally deserted. Surely those attendant squires Geressen or Marktoh would not be so easily taken, those cowards must have surely abandoned their post. Finally, hoping to seek some wisdom in the situation, the sergeant decided to go and visit the Firk Sensorate, BurnPyro and found that his tent was equally empty. Inquiring from some of the stragglers, it seemed that the Firk Sensorate and one of the attendant squires ran off together, fostering a truly forbidden love. Now it made sense to the sergeant as to why he hadn't heard from some of them recently.

When daybreak finally game as the sun broke the horizon at dawn, the sergeant alone stood in the marketplace, stalls empty and abandoned, silent.

That is, until, two pairs of footsteps were heard. Dagda and Qucas approached the sergeant. "Looks like they heeded our advice and scrammed. But look here, there's one person left. You didn't leave, so I can only assume you are here to join us then?" they said, taunting and laughing at the sergeant.

The sergeant unsheathed his sword and faced his opposers, "I have fought and defended this territory with my family for generations, I refuse to accept that scum like you were able to pull something like this off. Who was the one pulling the strings!? Or you can stay silent and I'll gladly beat it out of you!"

Dagda looked intrigued, "Oh? You must be referring to the Shadowmaster, Greysands22. Well, your guess is as good as mine. Last we saw him he went out to 'finish something', however, we haven't seen him since. He's probably gone back to report to Maxxarek, or maybe he's chasing after those stragglers, we have good information where they went after all. I doubt anyone would be really able to escape".

The sergeant's blood boiled, surely the situation could not be hopeless as it was. He charged and slashed at Dagda, though Qucas moved to intercept him. The two swordsmen dueled each other, matching parry and blow, while Dagda sat back, going through the remains of the market gathering what remained of valuables left at the marketplace. Just as the sergeant thought he had an opening against Qucas and was about to deliver the blow, he was stopped by the penetration of a knight in his side. "Oh, you didn't think we'd just let you kill him would you?" said a third voice. The sergeant crumbled and started bleeding out, struggling to remain conscious, the mind willing to fight, but his body not responding. "Dagda, your work here is done, take your spoils and you can leave. Qucas, you too will get your reward when you return, you have done your duty well. We can leave this trash here, there's nothing left here anyway."

The sergeant's vision blurred as the three infiltrators walked away from the scene. He cursed himself for not being able to defend the market and he cursed the force of wrath for their cruelty and destruction. As he closed his eyes for the last time, he gave himself up to Valdac.

Congratulations Forces of Wrath!.

This thread is now open for feedback and discussion. I know that this may have not been the best mafia, but all players are now free to discuss the game.

Let me be clear, however that this does not mean you are allowed to make attacks on a player.

I will repeat what I said earlier that in my opinion, I saw absolutely nothing that was ban worthy or anything that was a clear break of the rules. Instead of posting how "so and so" did something that you disagreed with, better feedback would be something such as giving a prompt to ensure that there is no ambiguity and to make it a cleaner game. For instance, stating exactly how many mafia or townspeople there are, exactly which roles are active, hiding any potential "special roles" until they are revealed either in the story or death, changing the timer of the game, including a clear and exact prompt that you should not share your identity with anyone and a ban on sharing any communication between the moderator and the player, sending out the phase change reminders, linking players to when the most recent day phase and/or including in the vote list where they made their last vote, or some other feedback such as that.

All comments on the previous changes can be made without attacking any player.

With that said, I had fun this mafia as a player and then as a moderator and I also welcome comments on other things, such as story writing, etc. If you have any comments, feedback, or ideas as we prepare for the next mafia, feel free to post in this thread and/or send me a message! ^_^ Once again, congratulations Mafia!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  18. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

This was terrible ... Very terrible ...

Not Comissars or KTC's fault, but dammit, this was terrible as hell. I won't say anything personal, but damn, this game had some incompetence ...

19. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

!vote_notinfavorofknowingexactnumbersofmafia/town

20. Greysands22

GG everyone. Hopefully this can at least be a learning experience to make future mafia games more enjoyable.

These threads get long on their own we don't need people spamming useless posts in them. In the future it should be made clear that the dead are not allowed to post except for maybe one goodbye post that doesn't affect game play. Certainly the like function should be off limits.

Also a clear statement that sharing any communication between yourself and the moderator is not allowed.

Napalm Monk and PurpleTop like this.